Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

1 minute ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I was on the Book of Faces in a UK RCI group from one of the moderators who has always been spot on in the past.  I have contacted my TA and he hasn't heard anything yet but he agrees with me that the wording is very RCI-like!

Thanks!  I’m on the phone now!  Will post if I find anything out!

• Like 1

The Jewel re-deployment to Copenhagen and Stockholm appears to result in a northern route Transatlantic sailing that has not yet been announced. As Jewel will be replacing Brilliance in Boston on September 12th 2021, a 12 night Copenhagen to Iceland to Boston Transatlantic should be announced soon. 

I had posted a few weeks ago on the 2022 thread that Jewel appeared to be the Copenhagen and Stockholm ship as well in 2022. 

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/JW_2021_Europe.pdf

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/deployment/2021_2022/JW_2021_Canada.pdf

• Like 3

On 9/19/2020 at 5:32 PM, Esahuma said:

Great - this will affect the 3 cruises we have on Rhapsody - 09 - 16 & 24 October and then we do have the Brilliance - B2B on Brilliance Caribbean and Beaches to Beantown 😞  

In the press release today, your Rhapsody cruises survived, but not your Brilliance Beaches to Beantown cruise. 

42 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

The Jewel re-deployment to Copenhagen and Stockholm appears to result in a northern route Transatlantic sailing that has not yet been announced. As Jewel will be replacing Brilliance in Boston on September 12th 2021, a 12 night Copenhagen to Iceland to Boston Transatlantic should be announced soon. 

I had posted a few weeks ago on the 2022 thread that Jewel appeared to be the Copenhagen and Stockholm ship as well in 2022. 

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/JW_2021_Europe.pdf

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/deployment/2021_2022/JW_2021_Canada.pdf

That’s great news to many who had been looking forward to a northern Transatlantic. Too bad about it being 3-4 days shorter than previous Transatlantics. 

Thank you for posting the whereabouts of Jewel in Scandinavia and Russia next summer, as well as in Canada. 

Edited by NancyIL

1 hour ago, NancyIL said:

That’s great news to many who had been looking forward to a northern Transatlantic. Too bad about it being 3-4 days shorter than previous Transatlantics. 

Thank you for posting the whereabouts of Jewel in Scandinavia and Russia next summer, as well as in Canada. 

How can they have a repositioning from Boston to Miami with no distant foreign port? That violated the PSVA

Why couldn’t they cancel the Jewels 12 day Baltic, and hold off making us decide until the deployment plans are announced for 2022, then allow us to L&S?  

On another thread someone suggesting compensation to RCCL was told they weren’t going to offer any because this was not covid related.  Which is bull!

Would anyone be able to share how to reach  Mr. Bailey?  When I calm down I would like to contact him.

TIA

8 minutes ago, TinkBellaMom said:

Why couldn’t they cancel the Jewels 12 day Baltic, and hold off making us decide until the deployment plans are announced for 2022, then allow us to L&S?  

On another thread someone suggesting compensation to RCCL was told they weren’t going to offer any because this was not covid related.  Which is bull!

Would anyone be able to share how to reach  Mr. Bailey?  When I calm down I would like to contact him.

TIA

You can’t contact Mr. Bailey but you can reach out to Michael Bayley. You’ll likely get his assistants as this isn’t actually something important enough to speak directly to the CEO about but his email is mbayley@rccl.com.

Not sure if this has been reported already...  It appears that Radiance is being replaced in Brisbane for the 2021-22 season. 

The Brisbane port bookings are now in the name of Quantum of the Seas.  The first entry is on Oct 30, 2021 which is consistent with this ship's departure from Honolulu on Oct 14,  assuming New Zealand is skipped.  This is followed by regular entries in the port calendar throughout the season.  The last entry is on Apr 11, 2022.   

https://www.portbris.com.au/Operations-and-Trade/Shipping-Schedule/  

Radiance' arrival in Brisbane was on Oct 8, so the first few cruises of the season may be cancelled.  

In addition, many of the cruises are now shorter (not surprising).  This is particularly true of those having south pacific islands itineraries;  these appear to have been split into 2 shorter cruises and/or just shortened.  Perhaps they're planning on domestic only cruises (also no surprise).  

If Quantum moves to Brisbane, which ship replaces her in Sydney?  

Of course it could be a different Q-class ship going to Brisbane.  I haven't looked for other tell-tale port entries yet.  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Not sure if this has been reported already...  It appears that Radiance is being replaced in Brisbane for the 2021-22 season. 

The Brisbane port bookings are now in the name of Quantum of the Seas.  The first entry is on Oct 30, 2021 which is consistent with this ship's departure from Honolulu on Oct 14,  assuming New Zealand is skipped.  This is followed by regular entries in the port calendar throughout the season.  The last entry is on Apr 11, 2022.   

Radiance' arrival in Brisbane was on Oct 8, so the first few cruises of the season may be cancelled.  

In addition, many of the cruises are now shorter (not surprising).  This is particularly true of those having south pacific islands itineraries;  these appear to have been split into 2 shorter cruises and/or just shortened.  Perhaps they're planning on domestic only cruises (also no surprise).  

Of course it could be a different Q-class ship going to Brisbane.  I haven't looked for other tell-tale port entries yet.  

Thx for the heads up.  We’re on the Quantum 10/14/2021 TP cruise so we’re paying attention to the possible change.  We would be bummed to lose out on the NZ port stops.  

7 minutes ago, atgood said:

Thx for the heads up.  We’re on the Quantum 10/14/2021 TP cruise so we’re paying attention to the possible change.  We would be bummed to lose out on the NZ port stops.  

Yes, and you'd arrive in Brisbane instead of Sydney which may not be convenient. 

We are booked on the 7 night Dec 3, 2021 departure on Radiance.  According to the port calendar this now departs on Dec 2 but still returns on Dec 10 - extended by one night.  The cruise is Queensland intrastate only; perhaps the Cairns call will be an overnight.  

Hopefully they will announce details soon but I'm not holding my breath!   

10 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Yes, and you'd arrive in Brisbane instead of Sydney which may not be convenient. 

We are booked on the 7 night Dec 3, 2021 departure on Radiance.  According to the port calendar this now departs on Dec 2 but still returns on Dec 10 - extended by one night.  The cruise is Queensland intrastate only; perhaps the Cairns call will be an overnight.  

Hopefully they will announce details soon but I'm not holding my breath!   

I suppose we will get radiance in Sydney.

I see there’s a couple of Brisbane cruise  bookings for Jan,feb and march.
‘Do you think they may have a go?

13 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I suppose we will get radiance in Sydney.

I see there’s a couple of Brisbane cruise  bookings for Jan,feb and march.
‘Do you think they may have a go?

Most of the entries for the cruises from Jan to April are still in the calendar.  First entry of the year is January 15, allowing for crew quarantine perhaps.   

I think Royal will have a go at salvaging part of the season.  The Qld government would like to use their new terminal.   Cruises would obviously be domestic only and probably intrastate only.  

13 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

We just booked the Radiance TP in April 2022 from Brisbane to Honolulu.  It was a Lift & Shift.  I will be really bummed if this is changed!  I am also wondering how it would affect the L&S?  I would hate to lose the great price we got with that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

We just booked the Radiance TP in April 2022 from Brisbane to Honolulu.  It was a Lift & Shift.  I will be really bummed if this is changed!  I am also wondering how it would affect the L&S?  I would hate to lose the great price we got with that.

Watching these developments closely. We as well as you know are on Radiance same sailing in 2022 and I also have one March 31/22 

on Radiance to Great Barrier Reef out of Brisbane.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, emmy said:

Watching these developments closely. We as well as you know are on Radiance same sailing in 2022 and I also have one March 31/22 

on Radiance to Great Barrier Reef out of Brisbane.

I lifted and shifted to quantum in that same route in 4/22.  

im just curious why you folks chose radiance when you could have sailed on quantum at the same price.