Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

51 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

When does the “Winter Season” officially start? Is my Freedom November 7th 2021 out of San Juan now Explorer? 

Freedom will relocate from Bayonne to Miami in autumn 2021, no cruises from San Juan on her.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Wouldn't that be great. Just waiting for bookings to open. Also have to figure out what the offer will be for the now cancelled cruises in Sept from Vancouver/Honolulu/Brisbane. 

I just got this from my TA.  We are losing the NZ ports:

We hope this email finds you and your family healthy and well.

Over the next few weeks, we'll be making schedule and itinerary adjustments to some of our late 2021 and early 2022 sailings for six of our ships. These changes are being made after tapping into market research as well as listening to feedback and input from guests and trade partners on opportunities for new adventures. But most importantly, we are applying the best available public health, science and engineering insights to deliver a safe and healthy cruise vacation. Regrettably, as a result of these shifts, your clients' Radiance of the Seas cruise has been cancelled.

The good news is, our sister ship, Quantum of the Seas, is heading to Brisbane, Australia! The even better news? She'll sail around the same time as your clients' original cruise and will visit similar destinations! So, starting October 21st, 2020, to make this transition easier, we're automatically moving them to the April 11th, 2022 Quantum of the Seas 16-night Transpacific sailing.

While we know they'll have a great time onboard Quantum of the Seas, their vacation is important to us, along with providing them the flexibility to make the best decision for them and those in their party. Below, we've outlined their options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Stay onboard the Quantumof the Seascruise

• We're automatically moving them to the Quantum of the Seas sailing departing on April 11th, 2022.
  • Their current cruise fare paid will be price protected or reduced to the prevailing cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If they were already paid in full and their cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide them with a refund if there is any difference in pricing. They can expect to receive their refund to their original form of payment 45 days after we move them. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on their financial institution.
  • Plus, we'll provide them with an Onboard Credit valued at a $50 USD for Interior and Ocean View staterooms or $100 USD for Balcony staterooms and Suites - because we know they were looking forward to sailing on a Radiance-class ship.
  • And, if they booked their airfare through Royal Caribbean International, we will reschedule their flight for them. However, if they booked on their own, please contact the service provider directly for their options with them.
  • Lastly, your commission will be protected

Option 2: If they choose to cancel, they'll receive:

• We'll process a full refund of any paid portion of their cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment for this booking, including any non-refundable deposit.
  • Any pre-paid amenities will be refunded to the original form of payment.
    • They can expect to receive their refund 45 days after their reservation is cancelled. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on their financial institution.
  • And, if they booked their airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to them. However, if they booked on their own, please contact the service provider directly for their options with them.
  • If you would like to cancel their reservation now, CLICK HERE by October 30th, 2020 to avoid waiting on the phone. Once their request is submitted, we will get the refund process started for you.
  • Lastly, you'll receive protected commission if the booking is paid in full only.

There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to shifting a whole season of sailings and rebooking all guests, so please bear with us as we work to make this process as easy as possible for you and your clients. All moves will be completed by the below dates:

• October 30th, 2020 for individual bookings
  • November 18th, 2020 for named group bookings
  • December 2nd, 2020 for unnamed group bookings

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Stupid question time. Why change the ships in this new deployment? I don't understand the purpose of moving everything around.

It's all about the $$$. They are moving the Explorer to San Juan instead of Freedom. Explorer is smaller than the Freedom. It seems to me they are trying to downsize in San Juan and move more to Miami. The Freedom will be doing shorter sailings in Miami and highlighting their own Perfect Day Island where they make lots of $. 

• Like 1

I must be missing something. I've justvreveived the following email telling me that the quantum April 2022 TP has been cancelled.  Isn't that the ship that the radiance bookings are being shifted to? 

Dear Guest,

Over the next few weeks, we will be making schedule and itinerary adjustments to some of our late 2021 and early 2022 sailings for six of our ships. These changes are being made after tapping into market research and listening to feedback and input from guests and trade partners on opportunities for new adventures. But most importantly, we are applying the best available public health, science and engineering insights to deliver a safe and healthy cruise vacation. However, as a result of these shifts, our April 11, 2022 Quantum of the Seas cruise has been cancelled.

We know this news is disappointing, and we're sorry for the impact to your vacation. As a result of this unexpected change, we'll be providing you with the following:

• A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.
  • A full refund of any prepaid Royal Caribbean International amenities to the original form of payment.
    • You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after we cancel your reservation. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • And, if you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.

Understanding how much time and effort go into planning your cruise, it's important that we make this up to you. So, we also have a special offer just for you. If you rebook an alternate like itinerary departing from Sydney, Australia or Brisbane, Australia in 2021 or 2022 by November 24, 2020, we'll provide you with an Onboard Credit valued at $50 USD for Interior and Ocean View staterooms or $100 USD for Balcony staterooms and Suites. To rebook your next getaway with us, CLICK HERE to visit our website and choose your new itinerary or reach out to your Travel Advisor. If you prefer to call us to rebook, we'll be more than happy to assist, however, please know hold times may be longer than usual. You must decide to move to a new sailing by November 24, 2020 to take advantage of this offer. Once you find a new sailing, just call us or reach out to your Travel Advisor to rebook your next getaway. The Onboard Credit will be automatically applied to your new reservation 72 hours from the date you rebooked your new cruise, so there's nothing additional for you to do!

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor or contact us at:

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Someone on our FB group sailing says it's being changed to a 9 day sailing. I wonder how much extra that's going to cost me.

You were on Freedom?  Looks like (from the announcement photo that several have posted) that those 7 day sailings are still 7 day sailing, but on Explorer still out of San Juan.  It's the sailings that had been 5 or 9 day on Explorer out of Miami that will now be on Radiance out of Miami.  

Just now, rockmom said:

You were on Freedom?  Looks like (from the announcement photo that several have posted) that those 7 day sailings are still 7 day sailing

Yes,  I think it remains a 7 day sailing. I have not gotten an email from Royal but my TA just received this.

Dear Travel Partner,

Over the next few weeks, we'll be making schedule and itinerary adjustments to some of our late 2021 and early 2022 sailings for six of our ships. These changes are being made after tapping into market research as well as listening to feedback and input from guests and trade partners on opportunities for new adventures. But most importantly, we are applying the best available public health, science and engineering insights to deliver a safe and healthy cruise vacation. Regrettably, as a result of these shifts, your clients' Freedom of the Seas cruise has been cancelled.

The good news is, our sister ship, Explorer of the Seas, is heading to San Juan, Puerto Rico! The even better news? She'll sail on the exact same day as your clients' original cruise and will visit similar destinations! So, starting October 21st, 2020, to make this transition easier, we're automatically moving them to the corresponding Explorer of the Seas sailing.

While we know they'll have a great time onboard Explorer of the Seas, their vacation is important to us, along with providing them the flexibility to make the best decision for them and those in their party. Below, we've outlined their options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Stay onboard the Explorer of the Seas cruise

• We're automatically moving them to the Explorer of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as their original cruise.
  • Their current cruise fare paid will be price protected or reduced to the prevailing cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If they were already paid in full and their cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide them with a refund if there is any difference in pricing. They can expect to receive their refund to their original form of payment 45 days after we move them. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on their financial institution.
  • Plus, we'll provide them with an Onboard Credit valued at a $50 USD for Interior and Ocean View staterooms or $100 USD for Balcony staterooms and Suites - because we know they were looking forward to sailing on a Freedom-class ship.
  • And, if they booked their airfare through Royal Caribbean International, we will reschedule their flight for them. However, if they booked on their own, please contact the service provider directly for their options with them.

• We'll process a full refund of any paid portion of their cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment for this booking, including any non-refundable deposit.
    • They can expect to receive their refund 45 days after their reservation is cancelled. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on their financial institution.
  • And, if they booked their airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to them. However, if they booked on their own, please contact the service provider directly for their options with them.

Please know, we've emailed them directly to assist with communicating this change. We'll send an updated booking invoice with their revised details to the email address on file as soon as their reservation has been updated.

15 minutes ago, CaribbeanLover22 said:

It's all about the $$$. They are moving the Explorer to San Juan instead of Freedom. Explorer is smaller than the Freedom. It seems to me they are trying to downsize in San Juan and move more to Miami. The Freedom will be doing shorter sailings in Miami and highlighting their own Perfect Day Island where they make lots of $. 

So this will change my booked March 2022 B2B on Freedom to Explorer out of San Juan.

Any idea when this will post so I can make sure I can choose a comparable cabin?

Also has Explorer been updated if so perhaps this isn't going to be a concern over Freedom vs Explorer.

7 minutes ago, rockmom said:

You were on Freedom?  Looks like (from the announcement photo that several have posted) that those 7 day sailings are still 7 day sailing, but on Explorer still out of San Juan.  It's the sailings that had been 5 or 9 day on Explorer out of Miami that will now be on Radiance out of Miami.  

Does that mean that my 4/15/22 Explorer will now be Radiance?????

Edited by cruise wizard

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes,  I think it remains a 7 day sailing. I have not gotten an email from Royal but my TA just received this.

Dear Travel Partner,

Over the next few weeks, we'll be making schedule and itinerary adjustments to some of our late 2021 and early 2022 sailings for six of our ships. These changes are being made after tapping into market research as well as listening to feedback and input from guests and trade partners on opportunities for new adventures. But most importantly, we are applying the best available public health, science and engineering insights to deliver a safe and healthy cruise vacation. Regrettably, as a result of these shifts, your clients' Freedom of the Seas cruise has been cancelled.

The good news is, our sister ship, Explorer of the Seas, is heading to San Juan, Puerto Rico! The even better news? She'll sail on the exact same day as your clients' original cruise and will visit similar destinations! So, starting October 21st, 2020, to make this transition easier, we're automatically moving them to the corresponding Explorer of the Seas sailing.

While we know they'll have a great time onboard Explorer of the Seas, their vacation is important to us, along with providing them the flexibility to make the best decision for them and those in their party. Below, we've outlined their options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Stay onboard the Explorer of the Seas cruise

• We're automatically moving them to the Explorer of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as their original cruise.
  • Plus, we'll provide them with an Onboard Credit valued at a $50 USD for Interior and Ocean View staterooms or $100 USD for Balcony staterooms and Suites - because we know they were looking forward to sailing on a Freedom-class ship.

Please know, we've emailed them directly to assist with communicating this change. We'll send an updated booking invoice with their revised details to the email address on file as soon as their reservation has been updated.

Explorer same sailing dates that was going to be Freedom from San Juan...But what do they mean when it says "similar"

destinations (ports) or will they change them ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

So this will change my booked March 2022 B2B on Freedom to Explorer out of San Juan.

Any idea when this will post so I can make sure I can choose a comparable cabin?

Also has Explorer been updated if so perhaps this isn't going to be a concern over Freedom vs Explorer.

When I "googled" to find out if it had the updates, as of June of 2020 they had cancelled the dry dock it was supposed to undergo this passed August. 

I just received the email from my TA this afternoon. It stated that, starting today and through Oct. 30, they would just move us over from the Freedom to the Explorer for our February 2022 cruise out of San Juan. Assume they would do the same for your sailing also. 

Just now, CaribbeanLover22 said:

When I "googled" to find out if it had the updates, as of June of 2020 they had cancelled the dry dock it was supposed to undergo this passed August. 

I just received the email from my TA this afternoon. It stated that, starting today and through Oct. 30, they would just move us over from the Freedom to the Explorer for our February 2022 cruise out of San Juan. Assume they would do the same for your sailing also. 

Well...not good news about the drydock...so nothing has been done to this ship since 2015 ?

I'm just hoping to keep the same located cabin....how does that work ?

8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Well...not good news about the drydock...so nothing has been done to this ship since 2015 ?

I'm just hoping to keep the same located cabin....how does that work ?

They are supposed to assign us a room similar in category and location to what we had booked. We had 4 rooms within our group booked together, so hoping they keep us together. I am hoping to get a similar location also, we booked last December to make sure we got our pick of rooms! All individual sailings are supposed to be moved over between today and October 30, so I am going to be checking daily to see if we got moved over and what room we get!

We were booked on the Jewel for this same exact itinerary January 2019 and they moved the Jewel to Miami and cancelled our cruise then and we ended up going out of Miami on the Allure. It was a nice cruise, but not the islands I was originally, and still, excited to visit. At least this time they replaced the ship so we have something to book on! Hoping our itinerary stays the same as this will be the second time trying to do the same places!

Supposedly underwent a limited maintenance dry dock in August. 

Edited by CaribbeanLover22

7 minutes ago, CaribbeanLover22 said:

They are supposed to assign us a room similar in category and location to what we had booked. We had 4 rooms within our group booked together, so hoping they keep us together. I am hoping to get a similar location also, we booked last December to make sure we got our pick of rooms! All individual sailings are supposed to be moved over between today and October 30, so I am going to be checking daily to see if we got moved over and what room we get!

We were booked on the Jewel for this same exact itinerary January 2019 and they moved the Jewel to Miami and cancelled our cruise then and we ended up going out of Miami on the Allure. It was a nice cruise, but not the islands I was originally, and still, excited to visit. At least this time they replaced the ship so we have something to book on!

I hope so I specifically booked the same OS category for this B2B....and hoping they don't change the ports around...I don't want to visit the same twice.

At least their not changing Freedom to Radiance !

Edited by Ashland

Just now, Ashland said:

I hope so I specifically booked the same OS category for this B2B....and hoping they don't change the ports around...I don't want to visit the same twice.

It says "similar itinerary". I'm hoping its exactly the same, that's the reason we booked this one twice! We cruise for the islands, not the ship, so the ship changing doesn't bother me too much as long as there are hot tubs and bars! But I've been eyeing this itinerary for years! I would guess they would keep the ports rotating every other still! 

Just now, CaribbeanLover22 said:

It says "similar itinerary". I'm hoping its exactly the same, that's the reason we booked this one twice! We cruise for the islands, not the ship, so the ship changing doesn't bother me too much as long as there are hot tubs and bars! But I've been eyeing this itinerary for years! I would guess they would keep the ports rotating every other still! 

I hope so too....I book my B2B's for the rotating reason...I'm ok with the ship also but the word "similar" can be the detail.

6 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

The 14 Oct 2021 Quantum reposition cruise from Honolulu to Sydney is closed now. All Quantum Sydney roundtrip cruises are also closed.

Somebody makes a hint that there will be big announcement soon.

It's official. Not impressed by the incentive being offered. Wondering what happens if original cruise was booked with an old FCC then L&S to this one?

Dear Guest,

Over the next few weeks, we will be making schedule and itinerary adjustments to some of our late 2021 and early 2022 sailings for six of our ships. These changes are being made after tapping into market research and listening to feedback and input from guests and trade partners on opportunities for new adventures. But most importantly, we are applying the best available public health, science and engineering insights to deliver a safe and healthy cruise vacation. However, as a result of these shifts, our October 14, 2021 Quantum of the Seas cruise has been cancelled.

We know this news is disappointing, and we're sorry for the impact to your vacation. As a result of this unexpected change, we'll be providing you with the following:

• A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.
  • A full refund of any prepaid Royal Caribbean International amenities to the original form of payment.
    • You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after we cancel your reservation. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • And, if you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.

Understanding how much time and effort go into planning your cruise, it's important that we make this up to you. So, we also have a special offer just for you. If you rebook an alternate like itinerary departing from Sydney, Australia or Brisbane, Australia in 2021 or 2022 by November 24, 2020, we'll provide you with an Onboard Credit valued at $50 USD for Interior and Ocean View staterooms or $100 USD for Balcony staterooms and Suites. To rebook your next getaway with us, CLICK HERE to visit our website and choose your new itinerary or reach out to your Travel Advisor. If you prefer to call us to rebook, we'll be more than happy to assist, however, please know hold times may be longer than usual. You must decide to move to a new sailing by November 24, 2020 to take advantage of this offer. Once you find a new sailing, just call us or reach out to your Travel Advisor to rebook your next getaway. The Onboard Credit will be automatically applied to your new reservation 72 hours from the date you rebooked your new cruise, so there's nothing additional for you to do!

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor or contact us at:

Thank you for understanding. We look forward to welcoming you onboard for a great adventure. In the meantime, stay healthy and safe.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez

AVP | Guest Experience

Royal Caribbean International

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

15 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Based on this, yes.  

image.thumb.png.58f6a7a08268e28d5a3ddf8093abe017.png

That's what I thought. RCCL still haven't had our cabin reassigned from the change over of ships from the Brilliance to Jewel for our 9/12/21 cruise. It should have been so easy - same class ship, layout and categories. So now it may be months before we find out our cabin assignment on Radiance from the Explorer. We had a cat 4D - Radiance doesn't have a 4D - so this will be one of those disputes and price changes etc. Here we go again!!!!

The other thing I am worried about our Freedom to Explorer change is this language.

"Their current cruise fare paid will be price protected or reduced to the prevailing cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items."

In our case we have made no payments except our initial deposit. Does this mean they can reprice the cruise higher and we would have to pay that new amount?