First thing onboard - what do you do?

1 hour ago, blackshirt said:

I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask but getting charges for an 800 number call removed is much more likely than getting international roaming charges removed. For one thing, the roaming charges come from the roaming carrier and they expect to be paid regardless. Roaming charges don’t normally get removed.

No...you misunderstood.  IT WAS an international call.  I mistakenly thought I had dialed an 800#...and they did remove it.

On 8/3/2019 at 11:18 AM, livylotte said:

Hunt out the free champagne

Head to the dining room to see where our table is.

Get more free champagne

Lunch in Windjammer

Sunbathe on deck

Go to our cabin

Unpack

Muster Drill

Find a bar that sells champagne (sadly by now all the free stuff has gone ) and take it back to our balcony for sailaway.

Sleep for a couple of hours

Go to dinner

Bed

where do you get the free champagne?

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

No...you misunderstood.  IT WAS an international call.  I mistakenly thought I had dialed an 800#...and they did remove it.

I did understand. International long distance is different than international roaming. As I said, if you were roaming, all calls pay, including calls to 800 numbers.

5 hours ago, blackshirt said:

I don’t worry about that until the ship is underway. Even if the phone does connect to Cellular at Sea, I leave data roaming off so have never gotten an unexpected charge.

Unfortunately, I keep my roaming on. My plan includes roaming in Canada and Mexico and I am frequently back in Canada and occasionally down in Tijuana and Ensenada. So roaming is a common thing for me.  

15 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Unfortunately, I keep my roaming on. My plan includes roaming in Canada and Mexico and I am frequently back in Canada and occasionally down in Tijuana and Ensenada. So roaming is a common thing for me.  

My plan includes Canada and Mexico too but I find it safer to leave data roaming off  and only turn it on when I need it, then turn it back off when not needed. You are quickly reminded when you try to use data in Canada and Mexico that you need to turn data roaming on. You don’t have to remember to do it. I just find it safer than having to remember to put the phone in airplane mode or turn data roaming off but whatever works for is great.

21 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

But nowhere did I even mention "roaming"  I was calling from here in the states.  It was one call, international, not roaming.

Exactly. You got an international long distance call charge removed. The poster you responded to telling them they should call had international roaming charges. My point is international roaming charges are normally not removed. Are we on the same page now?

We make reservations for the specialty dining dinners.  Then get a Blood Mary with lots of olives, which I only drink on cruises.

After that we go to a specialty restaurant for lunch and relax until it's time to go to the cabin.  As soon as luggage arrives, unpacking is the start of the vacation.

Free champagne or umbrella drink 

Head to the dining room to see where our table is.

Grandkids to adventure ocean check-in

Lunch in Park Cafe

excursion desk for Cabana number

Go to our cabin

Unpack

Muster Drill

another umbrella drink to take to our balcony for sail-away.

Give cabin attendant items to be pressed and ice bucket filled

freshen for dinner (don't change anymore for 1st night dining unless Specialty...too stressful)

Go to dinner

Shows, drinks and evening entertainment.....😁

8 hours ago, powelweb said:

On Anthem, I went to the Music Hall to make the reservations I couldn't get online for the Escape Room and to also release some times for our group's Ifly when they understood what it was, and said they only wanted to watch and not do it themselves, so I wanted to make those times available for others to book instead of having to wait in the standby lines.

then I met up with our party for lunch and we headed to bumper cars and then the muster drill before sailaway.

I do not see Escape Room listed as an activity.  I am sailing on Anthem in Nov.  Is it ever possible to signup online?  Thanks

Sorry first time cruiser

270 Cafe for food - all kinds of sandwiches and desserts - and nice view aft.   Then bumper cars for kids is a perfect call.   We did Anthem last week and the first day was the least busy for bumper cars.  Get there maybe 20 minutes early?   Super fun. 

First Royal cruise the end of this month.  On other cruise lines we usually found out our table number for the MDR when we got into our room and there was a card telling us.  On Royal Is our table on some of our cruise documents and I haven't noticed?  How do you know your table assignment so you can check it out when you board the ship?  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, mizcruz said:

First Royal cruise the end of this month.  On other cruise lines we usually found out our table number for the MDR when we got into our room and there was a card telling us.  On Royal Is our table on some of our cruise documents and I haven't noticed?  How do you know your table assignment so you can check it out when you board the ship?  Thanks.

Table number is on your SeaPass card.

3 minutes ago, mizcruz said:

Table number is on your SeaPass card.

In no particular order:

1. MDR to make dinner reservations for the week.  We like same table, same waiter, but don't like the traditional dining times.

2. Eat lunch!  Where is always the question....I usually end up at Sorrento's because the Windjammer is always, well, jammed.  That's one thing I miss about Norwergian - MDR open for embarkation lunch.

3. Drop carry on bag off in cabin, check room for sharps container (diabetic), request said sharps container if not present.

4. Maybe try the pool - it's open, but few people remember to bring a suit.  Great time for swimming if you toss it in a carry on.

5. Find a bar and start drinking.