Anthem: what do you do inside on bad weather days

Anthem has an indoor swimming pool, solarium (for adults), seaplex (with bumper cars, roller skating, circus skills, indoor sports (not all at once)), the usual bingo, karaoke, trivia, etc.

and, of course, multiple places to EAT  and DRINK !!!

plenty to do !!!

I usually do solarium, trivia, and EAT/DRINK !!

Edited by stevea36

34 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

no kids here

ive read on multiple sources that anthem is a good ship for a cold christmas cruise because of the indoor amenities. please tell me your favorite thing to do on the bad weather days. 

Look at your Cruise Compass and pick from the many events.

We sailed Anthem last fall northbound, and will again.  This ship is built for 'indoor activities'.  We had some pretty cold days/nights and didn't lack for entertainment.  

Our favorite indoor activities were the wine bar, relaxing in 270 with a good book, going to the gym for a quick workout, doing the bumper cars, shopping, and hanging in a favorite bar with friends.

I personally loved sitting in 270 with a cup of tea from Cafe 270. Gym facilities are fantastic if you work out regularly; my mom and I splurged on the spa thermal suite pass which was great when I was cold and wanted to warm up (heated loungers, sauna, steam room). Also the robot bar!

We cozy up during those days and play Scrabble in our cabin or watch a movie (we bring our Firestick) and either bring food in or order room service. We've found many times the onboard options during the afternoon lacking to our taste.

54 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

We sailed Anthem last fall northbound, and will again.  This ship is built for 'indoor activities'.  We had some pretty cold days/nights and didn't lack for entertainment.  

This is totally accurate.

I sailed her in the winter and am doing again this year. I will not worry about the weather!

18 hours ago, stevea36 said:

Anthem has an indoor swimming pool, solarium (for adults), seaplex (with bumper cars, roller skating, circus skills, indoor sports (not all at once)), the usual bingo, karaoke, trivia, etc.

and, of course, multiple places to EAT  and DRINK !!!

plenty to do !!!

I usually do solarium, trivia, and EAT/DRINK !!

Are the indoor pool and the Solarium the same place? Or are there actually two separate areas? We're traveling with 2 kids so I want to make sure I'm clear on where they can/can't go.

1 hour ago, spacepotatoes said:

Are the indoor pool and the Solarium the same place? Or are there actually two separate areas? We're traveling with 2 kids so I want to make sure I'm clear on where they can/can't go.

Separate and distinct.

The Indoor pool is like a solarium for families.  Midship forward of the outdoor pool deck.

ghBHCru.jpg

Solarium is 16+.  Forward of the indoor pool at the very front of the ship.

bm5zNfq.jpg

Edited by twangster

Had a bad sea day weather wise on Independence a few years ago and they opened the main show venue for movies. Who doesn't like drinking umbrella cocktails while watching movies? It was nice and the movie wasn't too bad either (it was a current one as well.)