Coffee package on Australian Princess cruises

2 hours ago, Porky55 said:

We take the Moccona sachets, for much the same reason as NSWP -

Though the purchased espresso’s on board are fine (doubles for preference) the convenience of a sachet can’t be beaten

And you don't have to line up behind the officers and senior staff getting their coffees (gratis ?) at the International Café etc.  Those people really hog the place, don't they serve coffee in the on board officers/senior staff mess? 

Edited by NSWP

Luckily DH is OK with the onboard espresso otherwise I'd have to pack a coffee plunger and some ground coffee for him and then he'd be complaining that the hot water wasn't hot enough to brew it properly. 🙄😄

Aldi sache gets my vote too, the cappucino ones. We would have them at breakfast and, instead of hot water, we would use the hot milk available at the porridge station. I've never experienced ship coffee where it was good enough to get a card.

Edited by lyndarra
typo

1 hour ago, aussiebossyboots said:

Agree, went on P&O recently (first time) and the coffee was much better than Cunard!!  In fact we didn't like the coffee on Cunard at all and couldn't wait to get to port.

We had a P&O coffee every day, it was just like any café at home.

Catering for the aussie cruiselings.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Catering for the aussie cruiselings.

Since P&O Australia is the only cruise line that is totally based here I would bloody well expect them to have good Australian-style coffee!!!

23 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

We must remember Americans like Starbucks, so if that’s their standard to go by.....

I’m not a coffee drinker as a rule, but when I do have one I like a good one.

Some starbucks coffee is okay, but you have to order an americano.

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Some starbucks coffee is okay, but you have to order an americano.

Their espresso is OK if there is nothing better around. And I do like their mocha frappachinos in hot climates - they take a long time to drink which forces me to stop racing around for a little while.🤣

In our part of Canada, Tim Horton's (fresh brewed and not espresso...  some love it, some hate it) is more popular than Starbucks that is espresso based and more $.  Some people actually prefer the coffee at McDonald's.

DH used to order cappucchinos onboard but switched to lattes... more milk, less strong. In Europe this year we ordered lattes on excursions instead of americanos that tasted too strong for us. I like 'weak' coffee so like the coffee in the Horizon Court. I dare say that it's better than Tim's. Where we live, instant coffee is the worst! To each their own. : ) 

Now that the coffee package expires at the end of each cruise, getting the coffee package isn't about saving money any more. It's about the convenience of having a special coffee or fresh brewed with or without food from the International Cafe. I thought we might only purchase the package on our 13-day NZ cruise but, on second thought, it's going to be hot so I may help him use up the 'punches' ordering frappes on the 7- and 8-day cruises!

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Current price onboard Sea Princess is $36 for 15 coffees, so $2.40 per coffee. 

20190829_134812.jpg

20190829_134749.jpg

20190829_134758.jpg

Thanks for the update, let us know if toy see the current price on the soft drink package

2 hours ago, denny girl said:

Just checked our Cruise personaliser, and the Coffee package is AUD $51.21 for 15 drinks. Cruise Oct 27 2019 on Golden Princess.

I think you'll find that Princess is doing their usual train wreck and are converting the Aussie dollars as if they are US dollars hence the stupid price, Princess are noted for this type of mistake.

8 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

I think you'll find that Princess is doing their usual train wreck and are converting the Aussie dollars as if they are US dollars hence the stupid price, Princess are noted for this type of mistake.

That sounds about right.

Cheers Carole

22 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

That is what I was thinking, $36 USD would be around $52 AUD. Although the official rate has likely dropped further now and is closer to $53.50 AUD.

3 hours ago, denny girl said:

Just checked our Cruise personaliser, and the Coffee package is AUD $51.21 for 15 drinks. Cruise Oct 27 2019 on Golden Princess.

As others have said, it's most likely the usual Princess currency conversion stuff up. If you intend to buy the coffee package, I would wait to you are on board to purchase it.

Leigh