Here they come

GUT2407

19 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Definitely would not want to be in anything other than a suite with priority tendering.

Last season on Ovation we had to tender in bay of islands.The line and wait was long we give up and went and watched a movie.

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Last season on Ovation we had to tender in bay of islands.The line and wait was long we give up and went and watched a movie.

Apparently, they have removed priority tendering for everyone even if  you are in a suite or have higher level loyalty status.

14 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Apparently, they have removed priority tendering for everyone even if  you are in a suite or have higher level loyalty status.

I believe suites ,diamond ,ship tours and the key still get priority.

Bay of islands is fairly long tender and the computer’s crashed so it didn’t really matter ,we wouldn’t have got on shore until about 10:00 .

There was a good midday movie in 270,lovely venue for lunch a movie and a few drinks.They show the movie on the robot screens,great sound system,a nice lounge to sit in ,drink service .

Edited by Chiliburn

21 hours ago, tangogulf said:

Would be even less ports for an Oasis class ship to dock in our region - even less than Ovation is able to get into. I don't think they really design the Oasis class ships with tendering in mind at all. Can you imagine tendering for 6,000+ pax!

We are Diamond and haven't had priority tendering with royal at any time, it was Diamond plus, but several travellers who are Diamond plus and Pinnacle, told me (at drinks yesterday) that they have removed it from Diamond plus, Pinnacle and suites (on some cruises)  as well, as they now have the Key.

6 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We are Diamond and haven't had priority tendering with royal at any time, it was Diamond plus, but several travellers who are Diamond plus and Pinnacle, told me (at drinks yesterday) that they have removed it from Diamond plus, Pinnacle and suites (on some cruises)  as well, as they now have the Key.

I stand corrected ,there’s a lot of complaints how they are eroding benefits.

To many higher tiers are clogging up the system.

We generally have a suite or if there’s something we want to see we do a ship tour. I know they are expensive but are convenient.

What ship ship?

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I stand corrected ,there’s a lot of complaints how they are eroding benefits.

To many higher tiers are clogging up the system.

We generally have a suite or if there’s something we want to see we do a ship tour. I know they are expensive but are convenient.

What ship ship?

Like on Princess, every man and his dog is Elite  these days.

Edited by NSWP

35 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, cruising has become so popular, the loyal passengers are starting to make it worse for each other and the cruise lines cannot cope.

They will do what all loyalty programs do and make it more difficult to achieve whatever rewards in the program. That will lower the numbers. 

19 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

They will do what all loyalty programs do and make it more difficult to achieve whatever rewards in the program. That will lower the numbers. 

It may slow people getting there but it won't stop all the people already there.

14 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It may slow people getting there but it won't stop all the people already there.

Unless they chew into benefits and add new levels.

Personally never see much value in any of the benefits.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

I prefer to pick the cruises by itinerary rather than by cruiseline.

We pick based on a lot of things, timing is foremost which really limits what you can do. We like to try different ships and lines, we probably prefer Princess, but if they disappeared or deteriorated too much would be just as happy with Celebrity, we will probably go with Norwegian again at some time, but they were a bit more expensive, same for Cunard.

we do, do the same itinerary a fair bit, but that at least in part is because timing is such a big factor for us.

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

I dont think they will take anything away, perhaps introduce limits though .

I also think there will be a move to add more benefits to the "suites" ....eg private dining rooms as HAL already has. and other perks .

14 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

I also think there will be a move to add more benefits to the "suites" ....eg private dining rooms as HAL already has. and other perks .

That’s good,suites pay for a first class ticket.There should be private lounges 

Its no good when you pay for a better experience and the lounges are not kid friendly and full of hitchhikers.

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Yep, by having more people many perks are automatically restricted. i.e laundry, with too many people, it takes much longer before it is returned.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

That’s good,suites pay for a first class ticket.There should be private lounges 

Its no good when you pay for a better experience and the lounges are not kid friendly and full of hitchhikers.

But if there are kids in the suites, surely they are entitled to be there as well.

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

But if there are kids in the suites, surely they are entitled to be there as well.

They are but but SOME of the old die hards make them unwelcome because it interferes with their football scrum.

Which is a shame 

2 hours ago, possum52 said:

Great photo Docker123. Did you take it or is it from a webcam?

Leigh

Hi Leigh

yes, I took the photo. It is from the Williamstown foreshore. Stopped as I was driving home yesterday afternoon.

The Port webcams, including one in Williamstown, were decommissioned a few years ago.

adrian

36 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Hi Leigh

yes, I took the photo. It is from the Williamstown foreshore. Stopped as I was driving home yesterday afternoon.

The Port webcams, including one in Williamstown, were decommissioned a few years ago.

adrian

Thanks Adrian, lovely photo. It's such a pity the cameras were taken off line. Security perhaps? There are great views from Williamstown foreshore. I have family ties in Williamstown - my grandfather and his siblings were born in there. My great parents are buried in the Williamstown Cemetery. Must get over there again soon.

Leigh