Equinox - footstools still in verandas in Concierge class?

DaveEasternPenn

8 hours ago, Scottygirl1 said:

Please someone tell me that Reflection (not yet revolutionised) will still have foot stools and larger tables in Concierge Class... please....

My bet is the machine rolls on and the Reflection will have small table and no foot stools as well.   Until people call and write and say enough is enough with things like this and no free in room movies the CUTS will continue.

17 hours ago, keesar said:

I guess this is the new MODERN LUXURY Celebrity is talking about. What is that tiny table off to the right?  Looks like you could fit two drinks on it.

The former ones just needed a fresh stain and touch up paint for the legs.  

'MODERN LUXURY' lived here pre-revolution it's now X-TINCT

• Like 1

4 hours ago, albi said:

Celebrity must realize that Cruise Critic fans read more than just their favorite cruise line postings.  It’s embarrassing to see what what passengers have been given, or bring, to replace a favorite feature on their balcony.

If I were were sitting in the top office at Celebrity corporate,  that’s not the image of my modern luxury cruise line I would want any one to see.

It truly is the little things that count!  We have been sailing for many years with Celebrity, still our favorite, but the cuts hurt the overall experience.  The price is high, service remains wonderful, why then spoil it and make the experience less enjoyable.  Give us back some of what drew us to Celebrity in the first place!

You phrased that so well and I heartily agree with your sentiments. What must a Celebrity ship look like docked next to other ships in port when the Celebrity balconies have beach balls, blow up cubes, camp stools and shower stools in use for footstools.? What a rag tag, poor image that must show to the neighboring ships! 

• Like 5

Just now, MamaFej said:

I wonder how much Celebrity would enjoy pictures of the substitute footstools on more widely-viewed social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. 

Modern Luxury, indeed!

I am not sure why this should not be public knowledge.  X likes to advertise everywhere.  Shouldn't these footstool beauties and no longer having free movies in their cabins be everywhere?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

You phrased that so well and I heartily agree with your sentiments. What must a Celebrity ship look like docked next to other ships in port when the Celebrity balconies have beach balls, blow up cubes, camp stools and shower stools in use for footstools.? What a rag tag, poor image that must show to the neighboring ships! 

This is a very good point that X might want to consider!

1 minute ago, Nymich said:

This is a very good point that X might want to consider!

Why I even thought of it is that when we are docked next  to other ships I like to check out their balconies to see what their furniture is like and the balcony size and configurations. Perhaps I am the only cruiser in the world who does this, but I must say how the other ships' balconies look does leave an impression, either good or bad depending on the ship.

44 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I wonder how much Celebrity would enjoy pictures of the substitute footstools on more widely-viewed social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. 

Modern Luxury, indeed!

Thought that would also work well for the photos recently posted  comparing an old style  balc table with lovely cloth and flowers with the present no frills hobbit sized tables for suites.... horrible!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Nymich said:

I am not sure why this should not be public knowledge.  X likes to advertise everywhere.  Shouldn't these footstool beauties and no longer having free movies in their cabins be everywhere?

I whole-heartedly agree.  Tweet Tweet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Social media seems to matter more to the big companies (promoting their image and it has to be perfect!) than ANYTHING else.!!

I don’t do social media, but for those who do, I say go for it!  It may shame them into changing their minds about their cruisers comfort.  Show just what they are doing to the world.

And I agree the balconies must look pretty TACKY with blow up beach balls, plastic shower chairs and piles of pillows being used as footstools.  What a waste it was to dispose of all those footstools!

Edited by takemewithyou

Since we're currently on the Equinox. I'm going to fill out a comment card and drop it at guest services.  I'm also going to post the shower stool pic to IG.   I don't do twitter, but feel free to snag my pic and post it if you want. 

• Like 3

I used to laugh at all the crazy beach towels and clothes on the balconies of another ship.  So they must be checking out all the beach balls, shower chairs, pillows, etc.  

Edited by keesar

• AT ONE TIME CC HAD THE FOLLOWING (quoted from another website)
  • Chilled bottle of champagne on arrival 
  • Fresh bouquet of flowers, brought to guests' rooms daily 
  • Fresh fruit and hors d'oeuvres delivered daily to guests' rooms 
  • Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic
  • Pillow-top mattress & upgraded bedding
  • Leather key holder 
  • Personalized stationery 
  • Tote bag 
  • Umbrella (to use onboard)
  • Private Bar w/customized stocking (prices are very reasonable)

" What must a Celebrity ship look like docked next to other ships in port when the Celebrity balconies have beach balls, blow up cubes, camp stools and shower stools in use for footstools.? What a rag tag, poor image that must show to the neighboring ships! "

Totally agree,  what sort of image is this creating for a luxury cruise line?

It would be nice to show side by side photos of the former  foot rests with the NEW Revolutionized ones. And post in social media.     The NEW ones are rather versatile as they can also be used in the shower.  

We can fill out comment cards but don't pictures really tell the story....

17 hours ago, AquariusOne said:
  • AT ONE TIME CC HAD THE FOLLOWING (quoted from another website)
  • Chilled bottle of champagne on arrival 
  • Fresh bouquet of flowers, brought to guests' rooms daily 
  • Fresh fruit and hors d'oeuvres delivered daily to guests' rooms 
  • Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic
  • Pillow-top mattress & upgraded bedding
  • Leather key holder 
  • Personalized stationery 
  • Tote bag 
  • Umbrella (to use onboard)
  • Private Bar w/customized stocking (prices are very reasonable)

This list is no longer quite correct for Concierge Class.  Fresh flowers do not come daily. They come on the first chic night. In our six day cruise, that was it. We didn't get daily fresh fruit either ever. The stationary is not personalized. It was a small pad of paper that said Equinox on it. It came with a pen. The tote bag is no longer the better quality tote bag of last year, but a flimsy tote bag about the quality of a typical grocery store tote. The chilled bottle of champagne is not waiting upon arrival. 

18 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

IMG_9322.JPGI was enjoying my colorful foot stool out on the balcony until the Captain closed my IV window because of a few drops of rain.  It was still very sunny out, as you can see.

When was this picture taken? I'm curious if it's very recent. Trying to find out if X ever followed through as promised to put frosted glass in the bifolds for privacy.

2 hours ago, DebInAntigua said:

When was this picture taken? I'm curious if it's very recent. Trying to find out if X ever followed through as promised to put frosted glass in the bifolds for privacy.

Inaugural cruise last December.

1 hour ago, calicakes said:

AQ also lost some amenities.  We no longer have fresh fruit and we didn't get the bottle of sparkling wine.  The tote bag is very crappy as well. 

We did not receive fresh fruit on our cruise in May.  I love the touch of color that the green apples gave to the stateroom.   

Our steward did not tell us to ask for the sparkling wine, but from a previous cruise, I knew we could have it should we ask.  I don't blame Celebrity for leaving that off the "to do" list for the stewards.  Most people not drink it, and they/we were giving it to our steward at the end of the cruise. 

The tote bags are good for sunning, or carrying back duty free items.  I just packed up a huge box full to have in a yard sale.