Equinox - footstools still in verandas in Concierge class?

DaveEasternPenn

Not in our Concierge cabin in July.  There was a long thread about this.  In fact, the CEO of Celebrity had a question and answer session (top of these boards) and she specifically answered this question with (I paraphrase), "Gosh, I didn't realize what a big deal footstools were!" and said if any guest wanted one to simply ask their attendant and they would be given one.  Of course, people posted their experiences when they did so....being told there were no footstools on board.  Gone with the wind.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wongcruise said:

No footstools in our Concierge cabin in August.

We just got off Equinox Sept 7.  No footstools on arrival.....................some rooms in aft concierge deck 9 requested them and got handicap shower chairs to prop their feet up.   No joke this is what they looked like.  I have it on video but forgot to take pics.  Gives new meaning to luxury cruising.

DR-12203KDRT-1.jpg

Edited by Nymich
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nymich said:

We just got off Equinox Sept 7.  No footstools on arrival.....................some rooms in aft concierge deck 9 requested them and got handicap shower chairs to prop their feet up.   No joke this is what they looked like.  I have it on video but forgot to take pics.  Gives new meaning to luxury cruising.

DR-12203KDRT-1.jpg

Yep.  We're on Equinox right now.  I asked for a footstool as I had hip surgery and was given a shower stool.  Its grey though.  So classy!!  I was told they removed them all.  I have NO clue why, there is plenty of room on the balcony for a stool. 

21 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Yep.  We're on Equinox right now.  I asked for a footstool as I had hip surgery and was given a shower stool.  Its grey though.  So classy!!  I was told they removed them all.  I have NO clue why, there is plenty of room on the balcony for a stool. 

I forgot to take a picture of it so this was something similar I found online.  Can you take a picture of that thing they call a footstool and post if for everyone?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Nymich said:

I forgot to take a picture of it so this was something similar I found online.  Can you take a picture of that thing they call a footstool and post if for everyone?  Thanks!

Here ya go. Its raining.

20190913_190958.jpg

Just off the Equinox today.  Not only have they eliminated the footstools, they have also eliminated the good bag that CC used to get.  And you have to ask for your bottle of "champagne."  As I had one of the large CC balconies on the slant off the hump, I requested and got a lounger.  The chairs and table were as pictured above.  I found the chairs uncomfortable, so I was grateful for the lounger.

The first batch of canapes delivered had a top which didn't come off, so I was unable to sample them.  The second batch looked exceedingly unappetizing, so I requested that they be discontinued.

Just left Equinox this morning. We had a concierge cabin but no footstool in sight. Having been previously warned, I had ordered a camp stool from Amazon. When it came it was heavier and occupied more space in my suitcase than I wanted. I brought it anyway. When I opened it up and tried it out, I discovered the top was so tiny it only accommodated one foot with scant space for the other. Just too uncomfortable. So I left that woefully inadequate stool behind when I debarked today. 

By the way, our balcony also had the tiny table that fits only one dish and one drink. Good bye to lovely breakfasts for two on the balcony. I also disliked the new chairs. They do not fully recline. The lowest they go is still not flat. Also, if you would try to lie down, your knees and feet hang over the seat's edge. No place for them without a footstool. 

This is what I did. When the suggestions and comments card was handed out half way through the cruise, I drew a cartoon strip on the blank back, showing how the new table, and chairs actually work when occupied by human beings. I also showed that if you try to use the tiny table as a footstool, it is actually too high and hurts one's knees.

Next day a ship's officer came to my door! He was so nice and gracious and said he was sending a bigger table even though only one day remained in the cruise. He also told me there had been many unfavorable comments about the new furniture and management was looking into a solution. I don't know if his words will hearten those who miss the larger tables and more comfortable chairs and footstools. Hopefully, improvements will be made soon.  I'm eager to see if they will be.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Here ya go. Its raining.

20190913_190958.jpg

I guess this is the new MODERN LUXURY Celebrity is talking about. What is that tiny table off to the right?  Looks like you could fit two drinks on it.

The former ones just needed a fresh stain and touch up paint for the legs.  

3 minutes ago, keesar said:

I guess this is the new MODERN LUXURY Celebrity is talking about. What is that tiny table off to the right?  Looks like you could fit two drinks on it.

The former ones just needed a fresh stain and touch up paint for the legs.  

The little table fits one medium dish and one drink or two drinks with no dish. The table is low, so you must lean if there is food, but too high to use as a footstool and not comfortable either because of the sharp curved edges. Did anyone actually try out the new balcony furniture before it was chosen?

4 minutes ago, calicakes said:

The balcony is large enough to handle a footstool. Why were they removed?

My guess: $$$

In order to have actual functional furniture, Celebrity would have had to spend more than they did on miniature tables and chairs without stools. After all, they needed to pay their high-priced "celebrity" designers to design non-functional furniture, and add knick-knacks which get in people's way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scottygirl1 said:

Please someone tell me that Reflection (not yet revolutionised) will still have foot stools and larger tables in Concierge Class... please....

And hopefully the Silhouette will continue to have 'original' balcony furniture after Edgification in January after all these discussions on CC.

9 hours ago, calicakes said:

The balcony is large enough to handle a footstool. Why were they removed?

Two words:  Infinite Veranda   The IV balconies on the Edge are too small to accommodate the standard balcony furniture that many of us enjoy so Celebrity made the switch to the doll-house like furniture on the Edge.  There is no room for larger tables, footstools or even a comfortable chair on the IV balconies.  So when Celebrity started to revolutionize the rest of the fleet, they thought we'd be thrilled to get similar furniture to that used on the Edge.  Hopefully Celebrity has recognized this error.  I'll be on the Silhouette on the first cruise after the dry dock.

Celebrity must realize that Cruise Critic fans read more than just their favorite cruise line postings.  It’s embarrassing to see what what passengers have been given, or bring, to replace a favorite feature on their balcony.

If I were were sitting in the top office at Celebrity corporate,  that’s not the image of my modern luxury cruise line I would want any one to see.

It truly is the little things that count!  We have been sailing for many years with Celebrity, still our favorite, but the cuts hurt the overall experience.  The price is high, service remains wonderful, why then spoil it and make the experience less enjoyable.  Give us back some of what drew us to Celebrity in the first place!

• Like 1