If you had $4,000 to spend

Peachypooh

Would you go on two cruises that cost $2,000 each (1,000pp) or one cruise that cost $4,000

(2,000 pp in a fancier cabin)if it was the same ship, length of cruise but probably different ports.

This would be a specific to NCL question as I am thinking of their less expensive cabins vs.

more expensive specifically the Jewell class ships.

Edited by Peachypooh

I just cruised as a solo in a mini suite balcony for about 2200.00. 7 day Alaska   

Id do one and one. Even the same trip.    You could get a deal on the second trip sometimes and easily get it for 4K.  

Some people I meet on my trip got an offer to stay on the ship for like nothing.  Think it was 300.00 for their family balcony.       

So if I got that deal. I’d have cash to spare.  Maybe buy more cruise next with the left over.  Lolol

• Like 1

We spent 3k for a suite and it was wonderful! Would I do it again? Well this was a special occasion with a great deal so not sure... BUT if I could get a suite again for that price I would jump on it. Not Haven (ship did not have Haven) but still what an experience.  Butler was so nice and did so many things. Bedroom, living room and large bathroom with an aft balcony.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

Would you go on two cruises that cost $2,000 each (1,000pp) or one cruise that cost $4,000

(2,000 pp in a fancier cabin)if it was the same ship, length of cruise but probably different ports.

This would be a specific to NCL question as I am thinking of their less expensive cabins vs.

more expensive specifically the Jewell class ships.

Defenitely one $4000 cruise but I doubt that we ever will find such a cheap cruise, which we are interested in, again!

For me, I don't know when I'm going to be able take the next cruise, so I get the cabin I want, when I want it, especially if it's a deal.

For example, if I can get into the Haven for more or less $4K, I take it.  If I can get into an aft-balcony cabin for around $2K, I book it.  If I can get a balcony cabin for less than $1,500, I snatch it.  All include the perks, and all come with some pretty decent OBC, too.

I sailed in a solo cabin once, as the last few years I've been a solo cruiser. While it fit the bill, I wasn't fond of it.  Others love them, though.

Edited by graphicguy

No question, two cruises ........ We sail for itinerary and excursions as well as ship. Stateroom choice is dead last even though we sail a variety of staterooms. I would never limit my number cruises due to the need of a balcony. We like them but only spend late evenings on ours. 

• Like 2

Everyone is different,  the cabin means nothing to me,  it's all about itinerary.  I'm delighted there are options for everyone,  and those who want and pay for those high cost cabins.   That revenue allows my cheap give away opportunities.   :)   I could easily do 4 weeks for $4000,  (sailing solo)   maybe even 5  :)    

• Like 5

We cruise for the itinerary first, cabin/value 2nd...

If it was an extra special occasion - possibly the single cruise...

Otherwise, if the itinerary was great for both - I'd go for the 2 cruises

Edited by Von & John

I guess I will answer my own question.We would probably go with one.  We spend

quite a bit of time in our cabin so there is  the question of some not having chairs or

couches too. But if we were decades younger and only used our cabin to sleep and shower I can

see that two cruises  would be a valid choice.

Edited by Peachypooh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Peachypooh said:

I guess I will answer my own question.We would probably go with one.  We spend

quite a bit of time in our cabin so there is  the question of some not having chairs or

couches too. But if we were decades younger and only used our cabin to sleep and shower I can

see that two cruises  would be a valid choice.

I am relatively young, 30, and I always have to get a balcony cabin. I need to be able to open the door and get fresh air when I get motion sick 🤣 Our first cruise we did super cheap with an inside cabin and I spent a lot of time on the pool deck, in Alaska. 

• Like 1

I usually cruise for the destination - but I also look at comfort too. We really enjoy the cabin and being able to enjoy the sea from a private balcony and have enough room to spread out. So I would do one cruise in style over two in an inside. PS we have also been spoiled by the suite life and have gone all out on our last two cruises as well as our upcoming cruise - 21 days on the Gem through the Panama Canal. 

Depends on how soon I would have to take the two cruises.  If you are talking within the same year, I would probably go with one cruise with the fancier cabin.   Especially if you are talking about getting into the Haven.  If I can stretch the two out over different years, I would take the tow cruises.