How do you carry your phone?

jenprovencal

3 minutes ago, Brownie54 said:

Can you mention the name of the leather shop in Rome? I'll be there in May and those cosmetic bags sound like perfect gifts!

The name is LA Sella. They have 2 locations in Rome. I hope they still carry those cosmetic bags. They were perfect for gifts. They came in a few different colors too.Here’s the website.

https://lasellaroma.it/

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

The name is LA Sella. They have 2 locations in Rome. I hope they still carry those cosmetic bags. They were perfect for gifts. They came in a few different colors too.Here’s the website.

https://lasellaroma.it/

That's not ringing a bell, so while I'd love to take credit it must've been someone else. :classic_cool:  Sounds like a good place though....might have to check it out when I'm there in November.

9 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

That's not ringing a bell, so while I'd love to take credit it must've been someone else. :classic_cool:  Sounds like a good place though....might have to check it out when I'm there in November.

It wasn't me, either.  I'm the one who goes to the Scuola del Cuoio in Florence for little things (and one really NICE leather jacket).

9 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

You are right. It was someone on the Trip Advisor Rome Forum. The shop is family operated and they have their own factory. It was a great place to find some nice gifts as was the little shop next door(don’t recall name)  that sold only items made in Italy. Not sure they are still there as the owner told me it was very difficult to compete price wise,  with shops selling goods made in other countries such as China. Ok I’ve probably gotten off topic here although one could probably find something suitable for carrying a phone in the leather shop.😉

14 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

The shop is family operated and they have their own factory. It was a great place to find some nice gifts as was the little shop next door(don’t recall name)  that sold only items made in Italy. Not sure they are still there as the owner told me it was very difficult to compete price wise,  with shops selling goods made in other countries such as China. 

I always try to make sure that what I purchase is actually FROM the place, and that I am supporting local artisans wherever possible. Often they are somewhat more expensive -- but also better quality overall.

@slidergirl, not sure if I mentioned that I bought a purse at the leather school in Florence when I was there last year with my DS. Lovely woven style with black and brown, so it's very versatile. Since I'll never be able to afford Bottega Veneto bags, it was a nice compromise!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I always try to make sure that what I purchase is actually FROM the place, and that I am supporting local artisans wherever possible. Often they are somewhat more expensive -- but also better quality overall.

@slidergirl, not sure if I mentioned that I bought a purse at the leather school in Florence when I was there last year with my DS. Lovely woven style with black and brown, so it's very versatile. Since I'll never be able to afford Bottega Veneto bags, it was a nice compromise!

Excellent!  If I actually had a use for a nice purse, I would buy at the school.  I love to just walk through there and look at the artistry of the purses.  The way my bags get used and abused, I'm better off just looking!

I use a wristlet. I want my phone with me so I can take photos. Then I have a place for my Sign & Sail card too. If I'm bringing a book/Kindle or word puzzle book, then I use a small tote bag, and stick the wristlet inside that too.

I really like the Joy Susan wristlets and you can get them in gobs of colors on amazon for $30-45 depending on color choice. On Amazon they are called "Mini Crossbody Wristlet Clutch." They have a zipper with a buckle so you can "latch" it closed, 6 slots for credit card/ID, an open top long pocket behind that, and a small zippered pocket on the other side. It fits my iPhone, a chapstick, and even my vehicle key fob (not that I have my key with me on a cruise). It also comes with a long strap so you can wear it crossbody, or attach the wristlet strap and use it that way. I have one in a pewter color so it can be dressy or casual. I also like the pricepoint.

https://www.amazon.com/Joy-Susan-Crossbody-Wristlet-One-Size/dp/B07PNJRYDL/ref=sr_1_4?crid=36ALCQXLQPBMU&dchild=1&keywords=joy%2Bsusan%2Bmini%2Bcrossbody%2Bwristlet%2Bclutch&qid=1571261955&sprefix=joy%2Bsusan%2Caps%2C643&sr=8-4&th=1&psc=1

1 hour ago, TwinMamainMN said:

I use a wristlet. I want my phone with me so I can take photos. Then I have a place for my Sign & Sail card too. If I'm bringing a book/Kindle or word puzzle book, then I use a small tote bag, and stick the wristlet inside that too.

I really like the Joy Susan wristlets and you can get them in gobs of colors on amazon for $30-45 depending on color choice. On Amazon they are called "Mini Crossbody Wristlet Clutch." They have a zipper with a buckle so you can "latch" it closed, 6 slots for credit card/ID, an open top long pocket behind that, and a small zippered pocket on the other side. It fits my iPhone, a chapstick, and even my vehicle key fob (not that I have my key with me on a cruise). It also comes with a long strap so you can wear it crossbody, or attach the wristlet strap and use it that way. I have one in a pewter color so it can be dressy or casual. I also like the pricepoint.

https://www.amazon.com/Joy-Susan-Crossbody-Wristlet-One-Size/dp/B07PNJRYDL/ref=sr_1_4?crid=36ALCQXLQPBMU&dchild=1&keywords=joy%2Bsusan%2Bmini%2Bcrossbody%2Bwristlet%2Bclutch&qid=1571261955&sprefix=joy%2Bsusan%2Caps%2C643&sr=8-4&th=1&psc=1

Yes, I love my Joy Susan crossbody, too....have 2 of them....so handy!

• Like 1

The only thing I use my phone for on a cruise is for taking photos - when it runs down, I switch to my iPod.  I got a great little wristlet on sale from Coach that I have taken on the past couple of cruises and it's a great size for my phone, my key card, a tissue or two and lip balm.  That's all I need around the ship, day or night. 

https://ca.coach.com/coach-small-wristlet/22952.html?dwvar_color=LIBLK_campaignid=229373842&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7MKu2qun5QIVEr7ACh253w-JEAQYASABEgJJvfD_BwE

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

I carry my Samsung Galaxy 9+ in a neck wallet something like the Bandolier posted above, but "vegan" (fake) red leather and much cheaper, from Amazon. I often carry it that way at home even! I also have the clear plastic waterproof one for excursions where it may rain.

Edited by crystalspin

• 2 weeks later...

This is my favorite for travel or shopping.  It also RFID.  Holds Passports while traveling, or just basics while on the ship.  I also like to take pictures with my phone.  So, I like to have it with me for that perfect shot.  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DXK8PPF/?coliid=I37IQ1HMTVFFPK&colid=3FTCWHVFTMUDI&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fred&Lily said:

Bring a man with pockets!

Really? Many of us don't travel with a man--or a woman for that matter.  Many of us travel as a solo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Great topic for a beginner! First cruise was in the era of car phones in a bag. Second was the year before I got a smartphone. Now I have one with a good camera, so will need to have it by me.
I am very ambivalent about wearing pocketed leggings, which seem to be many women's go-to. My derriere is worth showing off, but I am 68 for Pete's sake.
I always travel with a featherweight fanny pack from 30 years ago at CVS. Even if I have multiple pockets built into my clothes. I'd rather that or zipper pockets in clothing (safari vest anyone? [emoji23][emoji23]) than a wristlet, which would drive me absolutely bonkers. Even wearing a watch is going to be bad enough.
The waterproof pouch sounds very safe and convenient for anything involving water. Our third cruise is to northern climes so there will be no beach fun involved, but perhaps a boat expedition where I'd want to get pics. But when I go kayaking, and carry my phone in case of emergency, I use a quart freezer ziploc bag. Works for me for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work at a hotel and we have guest's whose keys demagnetize all of the time because of placing it near their phones. So I too would recommend against the phone/card pouch. I personally am IN LOVE with my fanny pack, it fits literally everything. I'm going to buy another because the one I have is black and I want a colorful one. 

We wear our seapass cards on wrist bungees.  They can get wet and are easy to remove for bartenders or for purchases onboard.  We have used many methods for our phones (yes we carry them with us as we enjoy posting pics to Facebook to share with family/friends, messaging the kids at home and we use them for pictures) but this cruise we are trying these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V9X438C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2C3SMXXIDC93V&psc=1

• 1 month later...

I understand that no one has written here for a long time, but I want to share my pain - last year at the airport I dropped my phone so badly that it crashed. And there were all the photos from our last cruise! Thank God my husband still has some photos. I'm not very good with technology, so I don't have cloud storage. But since then, at least I've been carrying my phone in a protective case. I learn from my mistakes!

• Like 1

Ava,  I am a scuba diver and found the coolest cover for my phone.  I wanted it so badly but it gave no protection.  I drop mine often and am surprised it still works.   I like to use my phone for pictures so I can send them to friends or post on FB that day.  You can't do that with a camera.   Being at home now is a good time to talk to my son and find  out if they are saved someplace.  If not, maybe it is time to do something about it.   My son takes care of our phones, computers, etc.    I don't understand half the stuff he talks about and I am too old to try to learn.   

Stay healthy and safe.