Favorite Diamond Happy Hour Cocktail or Mixed Drink?

tomservo

17 minutes ago, Jimnbigd said:

Not quite on topic, but what about favorite Diamond Lounge Happy Hour appetizer foods? I like the wings and meatballs. Sometimes they have some really tasty "steak on a stick". Do the foods served ever influence the drink your order?

Wings.  No effect on our drink order.

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

On a mostly unrelated note... Do they have drink menus at the poolside upon request?  I haven’t seen them sitting out lately, and I’m really bad at remembering the various drink options 🙂

I see the standard RCCL drink menu at the pool bar every time, but not usually around the pool (like, at the loungers).

RCI_Standard_Menu.pdf

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Egg rolls with sweet chilli sauce

Laura likes the wings, but they often dissapoint.

Since we're on a side topic, how is the food during happy hour? Is it quality the same as what you would get in the buffet, in the MDR, in CK, in a specialty, etc

We might also mention the free cappuccino coffee machine. I like to add a couple of extra espresso shots in my cappuccino. Sometimes I add a packet of the dark hot chocolate for a mocha. (You can do this also with the coffee in Cafe Promenade.) On some of my cruises the machine was available all the time and had a decaf option (great for evening/night). On the Liberty it is closed at night and no decaf. Sigh. I have not tried this, but I bet Baileys with an espresso shot or two might be good during happy hour.

On 9/24/2019 at 8:21 AM, John&LaLa said:

Cape Codder with dbl NA

Do you see much Triple Sec in a DL?

Will a regular bar include it?

There are a couple of cocktails I enjoy that include triple sec, and on occasion a nicely tipped DL bartender has on request gotten a small pour in a glass from the regular bar to make such a drink for me.

My go-to apart from a gin martini is a Negroni (Campari, gin, and sweet vermouth). It's an excellent aperitif. I also like Manhattans, but unfortunately there is no bourbon, only Tennessee whiskey, so I will usually opt for a Rob Roy, which is the same formula as a Manhattan but made with scotch instead of bourbon.

I've seen a few reports that sparkling wine has not been included in the DL bar recently. That is difficult to believe, if it's true, and annoying, because it takes away a whole class of "spritzer"-type drinks that could be concocted with the DL list.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

On 9/28/2019 at 1:24 PM, Host Clarea said:

No blender/frozen drinks in the DL.

Nor from other bars for free during DL happy hour.  Some ships -- maybe all now -- put 3 free DL drinks on your card every evening, available during DL happy hour time.

48 minutes ago, Jimnbigd said:

Nor from other bars for free during DL happy hour.  Some ships -- maybe all now -- put 3 free DL drinks on your card every evening, available during DL happy hour time.

I think it is unlimited in DL and 3 in other bars.

6 hours ago, Tatka said:

I think it is unlimited in DL and 3 in other bars.

Correct. I'm just not sure if all RCI ships do the "3-drinks in other bars". When we first became diamond, the voyager class ship (Mariner I think, but might have been Navigator) did not yet have a DL. We got beer and wine and appetizers in the deck 5 front lounge or in the then "cloud nine" section on deck 14, but no mixed drinks and nothing in other bars. Later they converted the golf club bar on deck 14 into the DL with full happy hour drinks. When the DL got too crowded (often overflowing into part of the main Viking Crown area), they started putting the 3 drinks onto each card.

BTW -- Even though the sign says something like "drinks in the DL are to stay in the DL", I've never had a problem taking a drink from the DL with me outside the DL. Has anyone been stopped from doing this?

My DH and I are not big drinkers. But have had a few drinks in the DL, CL, and/or SL. 
For us it depends on the bartender...

• Rum Punch - Some great!! Some too sweet and some with WAY too much alcohol (which I know is not a problem for most!!) 
  • Lemon Drop Martini 
  • Cape Cod (DH) 
  • Margarita (on the rocks)

For the appetizers

• wings (when fresh)
  • meatballs 
  • some of the canapes