Favorite Diamond Happy Hour Cocktail or Mixed Drink?

tomservo

When you get a mixed drink or cocktail from the Diamond Lounge during Happy Hour, or from another bar on the ship using one of the 3 free drinks on your Sea Pass, what's your favorite drink to get? How creative have you gotten, given the liquor restrictions? Looking for drink ideas beyond the standard rum and coke.

Here's a copy of a recent Happy Hour Drink Menu for reference.

IMG_20190528_072853.jpg

31 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Last cruise it was chocolate Martinis or Amaretto and cranberry for the wife, I stuck with gin Martinis.   

You can do Martinis during happy hour? Any limit to what kind? My wife loves espresso Martinis (which I'm guessing is probably not covered).

15 minutes ago, tomservo said:

You can do Martinis during happy hour? Any limit to what kind? My wife loves espresso Martinis (which I'm guessing is probably not covered).

Sure, as long as the ingredients are on the list.

18 minutes ago, GratefulRIC said:

What’s the difference between a “Diamond” cocktail and a cocktail I can get with a paid drink package or cash account?  Does it taste better?  

Diamond cocktails are very limited:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2651628-brilliance-of-the-seas-suite-lounge-beverages-and-hours/?do=findComment&comment=57188410

5 hours ago, GratefulRIC said:

What’s the difference between a “Diamond” cocktail and a cocktail I can get with a paid drink package or cash account?  Does it taste better?  

Diamond lounge or voucher drinks are generally made with lowest end wine  or liquor. If you are getting a mixed cocktail it might not matter. But if you prefer a drink over ice, perhaps a non flavored martini or a decent glass of wine, a paid drink is better.  Plus, Diamond drinks are only available for specific hours in the evening. 

M