Favorite Diamond Happy Hour Cocktail or Mixed Drink?

tomservo

20 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Cape Codder with dbl NA

Do you see much Triple Sec in a DL?

Will a regular bar include it?

Double New Amsterdam?......you are brave!  You'll never go back to NA when those cheap drink packages kick in  for 2020!

cheers!

M

• Haha 1

When we don’t do the drink package, I will usually do a G&T in the evenings. I found out on our Vision sailing this past June, the servers in the theater didn’t want to go too far for the “cheaper” Diamond list gin option. I would end up with my drink made with Bombay or Aviation instead of the standard Beefeater. 

Boy, did they get good tips. And we saw more shows than we normally would have. 

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Cape Codder with dbl NA

Do you see much Triple Sec in a DL?

Will a regular bar include it?

No idea about triple sec in the DL. I have still yet to be in there during happy hour. It has never been an issue out at the bars. Maybe because I tip for Duamond drinks and maybe not. It just has never been an issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

Chocolate martini although I usually have one per evening and then have wine.  Trying to limit  calories when I can lol.

How does a chocolate martini work? Wouldn't that need liquor that's not on the DHP Drink Menu?

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

But if you prefer a drink over ice, perhaps a non flavored martini or a decent glass of wine, a paid drink is better.

Has anyone gotten Jameson or Glenfiddich on the rocks? Is it a light pour? I guess you could always get a double?

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Amaretto?  I didn’t know that was an option. I didn’t recall seeing it on the list. 

What ship?

thanks

m

Last two cruises for sure, Symphony and Independence.  We are usually in the overflow lounge which may make a difference. Never a problem in any of the bars or showrooms on any ship. Last cruise on Symphony we were up in Wonderland several nights and they only use top shelf liquor.  Have found that a bartender will serve much more variety then a waiter from the same bar.  Last trip on Symphony it was always Grey Goose from Schooners for a vodka martini, if I went up to the bar, order from a waiter and he goes into the back for the cheap stuff.  Only time I have ever been told no was from a bartender in Bolero's when I tried to order a fancy rum and whatever concoction that had a lot of ingredients. happy cruising

1 hour ago, tomservo said:

Has anyone gotten Jameson or Glenfiddich on the rocks? Is it a light pour? I guess you could always get a double?

I drink Jameson  on the rocks.    I can’t honestly tell you if it is a light or heavy pour,  it seems plenty for me.

If you are using your vouchers, you can ask for double and  it will simply count as two of your drinks for that evening. 

m