Are Wipeout Bar and Wipeout Cafe the same thing?

lisa6191

WIPE OUT BAR

$
Bar

SIP AND SHAKA

Surfs up. Bottoms up. After hanging 10 on the FlowRider® surf simulator, hang out at Wipe Out Bar with a refreshing cocktail, or sip a cool tropical concoction while you soak up the sun.

HOW TO PURCHASE

Beverage Package or A La Carte

AGE RESTRICTION

21+ on sailings from North America, 18+ on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.

The Wipeout Cafe

Located between the two FlowRiders, serves regular grill offerings — burgers, dogs and fries.

53 minutes ago, renza said:

Will no longer be on any of the ships. El Loco Fresh took it over. Only allure until dry dock. 

As far as I am concerned.....El Loco Fresh was terrible......my hubby liked it when we had it on Harmony....but I did not. 

1 hour ago, Paulette3028 said:

As far as I am concerned.....El Loco Fresh was terrible......my hubby liked it when we had it on Harmony....but I did not. 

Was that Sabor when you had it?

Thank you. I had seen some tips about having breakfast in the Wipeout cafe and I was noting that for our May Oasis cruise, but I guess I don't need to since it won't be on the ship anymore. I wonder if they will have the made to order eggs and omelettes in El Loco Fresh for breakfast now?

Edited by lisa6191

16 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

I have enough trouble keeping track....hubby firmly says it was on Harmony.  It was awful....poor choices to eat and poor setup.  

Do you recall if it was a sit down restaurant or a buffet?

10 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Do you recall if it was a sit down restaurant or a buffet?

Buffet with tables, you could see the basketball court from the many of the tables --- would I guarantee DH remembers it correctly....and understand, I don't mind a buffet at all...choices were terribly limited and there are plenty of ways to offer options for Mexican (which I love) food.  We have been on Harmony, Allure (2x), Oasis and Symphony and it is easy to get some of the offerings on the ships mixed up.  Point is he liked the food and I thought it was awful.  

30 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

Buffet with tables, you could see the basketball court from the many of the tables --- would I guarantee DH remembers it correctly....and understand, I don't mind a buffet at all...choices were terribly limited and there are plenty of ways to offer options for Mexican (which I love) food.  We have been on Harmony, Allure (2x), Oasis and Symphony and it is easy to get some of the offerings on the ships mixed up.  Point is he liked the food and I thought it was awful.  

That sure sounds like the aft deck 15 food venue on Oasis class.

32 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

That was mini bites.  

54 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That was mini bites.  

If her husband is correct that it was on Harmony. If his memory is rusty and it was Symphony then it would have been El Loco Fresh. Personally I liked El Loco Fresh. Their carnitas were amazing and the salsa/topping bar was good and fresh. I liked using their salsa verde and doctoring it up with a little Cholula Green to bring a little more heat to the party. The quesadillas at breakfast were pretty good, too.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That was mini bites.  

Mini Bites on Harmony 

20190807_155554.thumb.jpg.fc9d92d294fd7ea0c9f2511d27a4610b.jpg

20190807_155530.thumb.jpg.c005e88f01e8300f318500e22b62e2df.jpg

20190807_155543.thumb.jpg.3c6dc80625842f59b205a25181a74945.jpg

Personally, I think of Wipeout Cafe/Mini Bites, etc. as an outdoor extension of the WindJammer.

This and venues like Solarium Cafe are the reason the Jammer on an Oasis ship can be smaller per person. You really need to look at total casual dining capacity 😇

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Is this El Loco included or extra charge?

It was free on the Symphony TA, could get ice cream cones there, and breakfast burritos which were popular in the line for the flowrider.  Someone brought me one, and I thought it was not very good.  

JC