Qsine is dead. Long live Le Petit Chef?

Mynki

36 minutes ago, sdudek105 said:

I have Qsine booked on Summit in March for the first night discount. Any idea with what happens to this with the shift to LPC?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Some folks on various ships who were booked on Qsine pre-cruise when it still existed but found that it had changed over to LPC before their cruise have reported getting a phone call from Celebrity about the change.  You could be pro-active and call the Cruise Enhancements Desk and ask, especially if you want to change your booking:  

800-722-5941  (press 2 for Specialty Dining)

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Having never eaten at Quisine, I cannot comment.  We do have a reservation for Le Petit Chef for our upcoming cruise on the Equinox in February 2020.  Do miss Silk Harvest though - I think that was a huge mistake.

On 10/27/2019 at 6:08 AM, Mynki said:

Constellation officially opened Le Petit Chef last night. We were told by staff that all of the other ships have already closed Qsine which has been replaced by LPC on other ships. 

We went to Qsine a few nights ago and thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the service there. I think we'll miss that restaurant. We try LPC tomorrow. 

Have Celebrity made the right choice here? 

On 10/27/2019 at 6:35 AM, Miaminice said:

Time will tell...

IMHO, I don’t think so. Qsine was a nice place to spend time with friends, share, laugh etc. 

LPC, as cute as it might be, is a thing to do once and check it off the list.

Plus, sitting around a table where everyone is focusing on their phones to take videos is just not my kind of dinner.

Agreed. We have no interest in it. Qsine food was great- we liked the mid eastern and indian continent choices. 

Can have a better steak in BLU or Murano.

We ate in LPC with two other couples who are good friends on the Equinox on the Oct. 14th cruise.  We enjoyed the experience but agreed it was a one and done especially at the $55 cost which we did not pay.  The menu is not worth the $55 as the main course is a top sirloin steak.  Our six steaks ranged from good to tough.  At $55 it should be a filet.  There are now two menus and two different shows depending on the menu offered that night.  We also liked Quisine and do not see LPC as an improvement.  LPC is a set menu with one alternative for each course.  The variety in Quisine made it a dinner option with multiple options over several visits.

8 minutes ago, cmalagngl said:

We ate in LPC with two other couples who are good friends on the Equinox on the Oct. 14th cruise.  We enjoyed the experience but agreed it was a one and done especially at the $55 cost which we did not pay.  The menu is not worth the $55 as the main course is a top sirloin steak.  Our six steaks ranged from good to tough.  At $55 it should be a filet.  There are now two menus and two different shows depending on the menu offered that night.  We also liked Quisine and do not see LPC as an improvement.  LPC is a set menu with one alternative for each course.  The variety in Quisine made it a dinner option with multiple options over several visits.

Interesting. We were served fet mignon and not sirloin. If yours was over cooked did you not report it to the waiter or Maitre D'?

im wondering how a dish sent back might affect the show timings? 

28 minutes ago, Mynki said:

Interesting. We were served fet mignon and not sirloin. If yours was over cooked did you not report it to the waiter or Maitre D'?

im wondering how a dish sent back might affect the show timings? 

Ours was not filet and was stated as top sirloin on the menu.  It was not over cooked in fact all six were cooked as ordered from medium rare to medium.  Two were just tough.  We did not complain as we did not want to delay our meal.  It was edible but not a great cut of meat.

Constellation officially opened Le Petit Chef last night. We were told by staff that all of the other ships have already closed Qsine which has been replaced by LPC on other ships. 

We went to Qsine a few nights ago and thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the service there. I think we'll miss that restaurant. We try LPC tomorrow. 

im currently on the Summit.

Qsine will be converted to Le Petite Chef next cruise. 😞

Any last request i should make?

1 minute ago, fstuff1 said:

Tell the Summit Qsine staff to educate their colleagues aboard Constellation...

Order the lava crab and ten chocolate tombstones? 

Also order the Greek wooden block thing. It's name escapes me, but ask them to completely fill it with lamb chops... 

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, cmalagngl said:

Ours was not filet and was stated as top sirloin on the menu.  It was not over cooked in fact all six were cooked as ordered from medium rare to medium.  Two were just tough.  We did not complain as we did not want to delay our meal.  It was edible but not a great cut of meat.

That's a change from Silhouette 2018, we definitely had filets and they were better than what we had in Blu and just as good as Murano and larger if that is a plus, no sauce. Top sirloin would be a come down definitely.

1 hour ago, cangelmd said:

That's a change from Silhouette 2018, we definitely had filets and they were better than what we had in Blu and just as good as Murano and larger if that is a plus, no sauce. Top sirloin would be a come down definitely.

Agree.,

We loved the filets..  sometimes ordered an extra to share as they were small..

Best beef on board...an insider  secret  now gone!

We love LPC TOO

Here was our review:

Specialty:

Eden: (3.5/5) Just not our cup of tea, I guess.

Fine Cut: (3.5/5) First off read the reviews about it being loud - but it WAS loud. This doesn't seem like a big deal, but once you're there it is. The food was fine, but nothing you couldn't get in many restaurants in every major city.

Rooftop Grill: (4.5/5) 2nd biggest surprise for us. When the weather is right, this is a great place to eat. Unlike fine cut for  example that you can do anywhere, finding a nice place to sit outside and eat good food is a treat. Well done!

Le Petit Chef: (5.0/5.0) WOW, what fun! This was our #1 surprise as we almost skipped it. This was BY FAR OUR FAVORITE dinner on the Edge. It's done in 2 seatings so your experience all as a group - which is not something I seek out - but is SUPER FUN. We actually were sitting next to someone from Silicon Valley and they said people just don't realize how special this technology is. The room was like a party, we all had an absolute ball. The staff gives extra energy to the room. The food would not necessarily be what I would pick, but we all LOVED IT because of course these little chefs made it for us!! There was very little signage for this, in fact we had to ask someone where this dinner was. The reason we went was because another couple at the pool said it was the best dinner of theirs. Here's the biggest compliment, on our last night we all decided to go back a 2nd time (we tried some items from the alternative menu) and if anything enjoyed it even more because we all saw little bits of the amazing animations that we didn't pick up the first time. Plus we got to see 2 different chefs win the night which was super fun. BIG CONGRATS TO CELEBRITY for giving us a night(s) we will remember.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Since it will your last opportunity to try Qsine order EVERYTHING .............. and bring a dozen friends along to help you eat it 😁

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think they've made a wise decisions.  We loved Qsine, but obviously it wasn't doing what they expected or they wouldn't have replaced it.  Unfortunately, I don't think LPC is going to be the answer.  Our first, and last, experience with LPC was a disaster on Millennium this past October.  It's gimmicky and in my opinion just not worth what you are paying for the upgrade.  This type of meal would work much better on sailings with a large amount of kids.  Sorry, but I expect better than a sirloin steak and french fries for the price of the upgrade.  And our issue wasn't just quality of the food/ingredients.  The entire premise is to watch the cartoon characters "make" your dish and everyone in the restaurant be served at the same time.  They could certainly serve everyone at the same time, but unfortunately, in order to do that, half the meals are cold by the time they are served.  Both the pasta dish and the main course were cold, and not just at our table.  Every table around us said they same thing.  If we had kids it may have been a fun experience with them (and certainly at a cheaper price), but as an adult, we felt we were paying a premium to watch a cartoon and not for a better meal experience.  Just our opinion.

On 10/30/2019 at 7:23 AM, cmalagngl said:

We ate in LPC with two other couples who are good friends on the Equinox on the Oct. 14th cruise.  We enjoyed the experience but agreed it was a one and done especially at the $55 cost which we did not pay.  The menu is not worth the $55 as the main course is a top sirloin steak.  Our six steaks ranged from good to tough.  At $55 it should be a filet.  .......

Very interesting.  At our only LPC experience on the Eclipse this spring we were served filet mignon.  Wonder if the quality of the beef is being downgraded.  

On 10/27/2019 at 8:49 AM, Katyoparty said:

Recently on Solstice for a B2B and although we really enjoyed QSine in the past we were open to trying LPC. It was fun, entertaining, and different and the food was very good!  We were on a TP and towards the end they offered a second menu and different "show" so we went for a second time.  Mainly because the food was so good the first time.  I really don't understand those of you who have never even tried LPC making pronouncements about it. I encourage you to give it a try first. 😎

Agree 100%.  Just off the Silhouette and went to LPC for the first time at the recommendation of others who had been.  It's not something I would have even considered, and I'm so glad I did it.  

I didn't find the graphics to be childish or a "cartoon", indeed it was very well done and clever.  The service was outstanding, the atmosphere light and enjoyable.  But, for me, the food was the standout.  We didn't even look at the menu, we just enjoyed what the chef had prepared without hesitation.  Each course was excellent and I found that even foods I didn't previously think I liked were delicious!   

Our group enjoyed the evening so much, we came back a second time, after the menu changed, and brought more friends with us.  The second meal was every bit as good as the first, and we recommended it to others.  It was easily one of the best meals of the cruise.

Overall, the entire experience was quite lovely.  No, it's not something I would want to do every night, but twice during a two week cruise was perfect, and it will be on my to-do list next time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MaggieAtSea said:

Qsine still showing up on my app for our December Summit cruise... menus included.

i was on the summit last month.

i was told my cruise is the last one for Qsine. then they start remodeling for Le Petit Chef