No Alfredo's on Enchanted???

Bollycats

I was just on the  Princess website to see what information they had on the Enchanted Princess and under dining options they don't show Alfredo's, it's called GiGi's Pizzeria. What the heck? Has anyone heard about them changing it? Alfredo's is our favorite place to go on embarkation day. I'm wondering if GiGi's is the same idea and menu, just a different name.

• Like 1

The Enchanted does not sail until June 2020 so most of us only know what the deck plans indicate and that is the pizzeria will be called GiGi's.  Anything beyond that is pure speculation unless Princess says something.  To date they have been rather closed lip about the new ship.  We will be on the Enchanted in 2021 and as suck would also be interested if anyone has heard the official word. 

• Like 1

I have some Enchanted deck plans which I picked up on board a cruise this year. They show Alfredo's on deck 7 mid ship. Now it appears that in the same location the name has been changed to Gigi's Pizzeria. Will Gigi's be the same as Alfredo's with a different name, or will Gigi's have a somewhat different menu with either an upcharge or some additional items for a fee? I think that is the question.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is interesting! I booked a mid-ship obstructed balcony for March 2021. At the time, it showed as being above Alfredo's. So, now we're above Gigi's. I hope Gigi's has the same pizza as Alfredo's, since I like that a lot.

The layout on the deck plans of Gigi's on the Enchanted is the same as on the Sky.  Description sounds like it would be the same.  I don't see how it would go from Royal class fare (i.e. includes soups, pasta, salads, as well as pizzas) and go to like what is on the Grand (Pizza only and you have to walk across the piazza to the IC to get soup/salad!).  So I am reasonably hoping it is just a name change!  Interestingly, it is still called Alfredo's on the deck plans for the Discovery Princess!!

Pooh

Several of the ships don’t have Alfredos. We will be on the Star in June 2020 and no Alfredos. We love it as it is on the Plaza deck on the Grand and like Bollycats we love to eat there when we board the ship. They do have Pizza on the Lido deck but not the same.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I bet it’s because its namesake, Alfredo Marzi (spelling?), is no longer the Executive Chef for Princess. 😔 Sad, though; that name is a tribute to a special man and has scrumptious pizza.

So is the new executive chef named Gigi by any chance??

Edited by Bollycats
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, toescat said:

Several of the ships don’t have Alfredos. We will be on the Star in June 2020 and no Alfredos. We love it as it is on the Plaza deck on the Grand and like Bollycats we love to eat there when we board the ship. They do have Pizza on the Lido deck but not the same.  

This is true, when on these ships however, keep an eye open for "Alfredo's in Sabatini's" as a free offering for lunch on some sea days.  They do a nice job and use more or less the normal Alfredo's pizza menu's.  Most recently we enjoyed this on Coral.

4 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I bet it’s because its namesake, Alfredo Marzi (spelling?), is no longer the Executive Chef for Princess. 😔 Sad, though; that name is a tribute to a special man and has scrumptious pizza.

I didn't realize there was a change. That would make sense. Though it would have been nice to keep the name as a tribute to him.

Ohhh my goodness!   So, on this ship, they could be skipping Vines, and also Alfredo's, as it is now?   I don't see how it could become an uncharge restaurant if they also still offer Sabatini's.  But, I guess one never knows with Princess.  If the new name also comes with new menus and recipes,  I am hoping that is not a bad sign!  Seems most people love Alfredo's!   I wish somebody was able to leak some more specific info!

7 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Yes, now it's GiGi Fredos?

I will take the deck pizza anyway over Fredos. 🤔

20 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Ohhh my goodness!   So, on this ship, they could be skipping Vines, and also Alfredo's, as it is now?   I don't see how it could become an uncharge restaurant if they also still offer Sabatini's.  But, I guess one never knows with Princess.  If the new name also comes with new menus and recipes,  I am hoping that is not a bad sign!  Seems most people love Alfredo's!   I wish somebody was able to leak some more specific info!

Why, why, why would they cut out two of the most popular venues - Alfredo's and the Vines??

Sounds like an awful decision to me. Perhaps some genius from Princess would like to comment?

I am going to stay tuned on this topic as we love Alfredos and are scheduled to sail Enchanted in Dec 2020 and Discovery the following December 2021. Like being able to actually sit down and eat my pizza in a nice space rather than up on deck. Also like the soup.

• 1 year later...

Interesting thread. When I go to book Enchanted the “on-board experiences “ link takes me to dining & calls it Alfredos. D class plan, however, calls same place GiGis. Will just have to wait & see. 

As long as the pizza is good...

We have never been enamored of the pizza on Lido deck whether it was called Prego, Slice, or Princess Pizzeria. Alfredo's has been good for us. I don't know if we'll ever sail Enchanted but, if we do, whether they have Gigi's or Alfredo's we'll likely prefer it to whatever they have on Lido deck. Heck, I enjoyed the pizza at Cafe Corniche on Sea Princess.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1