Rude passengers!!!

AndyMichelle

56 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I don't think they are the same as those in the buffet, these are normally full gateau size and they will cut you a slice of your chosen one, and the mid morning sarnies are specially made for the coffee shop, and the biscuits are also specially made.  However you can normally request one even without a coffee, but you won't always receive one.

the two times we went and sat there and this was about 10.30-11 on port days it was exactly what I had seen on the buffet the previous day. 

if it was a fancy sandwich then that would be nice with my tea but these were just cookies. They also had the Pastries and muffins from the breakfast too. 

we took apples down the first time we went as I must have forgotten it had stuff down there. Only got the cookies that time cos kids were hungry cold and tired from walking in the Port but only for a snack. The coffee place was the first thing we came to. 

ive not had issues with rude staff or anything. In fact I noticed we got more attention from the staff wanting to talk to our kids more than anything. Other passengers however. The problem is there are always gonna be a few people that rub you up the wrong way no matter where you go. 

When I have visited the Costa cafe(regularly) they have always had different cakes to those in the buffet.(They may have some the same) but as previously suggested Costa serve the huge slices of sponge cake(which I can resist) but also the fruit tartlets that I can't resist.They also have a policy for serving certain items at certain times for example on our last cruise there was a jar of cookies and a lady next to me asked for one with her coffee but was told they weren't put out until later(even though they were in a jar on the counter!)

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

When I have visited the Costa cafe(regularly) they have always had different cakes to those in the buffet.(They may have some the same) but as previously suggested Costa serve the huge slices of sponge cake(which I can resist) but also the fruit tartlets that I can't resist.They also have a policy for serving certain items at certain times for example on our last cruise there was a jar of cookies and a lady next to me asked for one with her coffee but was told they weren't put out until later(even though they were in a jar on the counter!)

Yes, that’s been our experience too.

Harry, it’s the Costa Cafe that serve you the cakes.

We normally choose what’s available by looking in the glass display cabinet.

My wife particularly likes a portion of the Victoria Sponge cake.😋

Wonder if anyone’s got any pictures of these cakes. Would be interested to see. I didn’t take any though but I could only see the stuff same as the buffet 

nice slice of carrot cake with cuppa would be very nice. 

I dunno why I’m moaning cos I’m probably more than likely gonna buy a cuppa anyway. 

im more thinking of when we will be on ventura we are on deck 5 so same one as the coffee shop. Much easier to get to than buffet when I need a snack for the kids 

We have just returned from our Oceana cruise (10th Nov), the only cakes available in the Costa coffee venue on deck 5 were chocolate muffins.   There was no Victoria sponge cakes or sandwiches at lunch.  In Costa on deck 7 there were no cakes at all, the display cabinet was empty.  This was the first ship (other than Britannia) where this has happened.  We were on Oriana in August and always had a coffee and cake early afternoon or a sandwich and coffee at lunchtime.  I hope that this isn't a trial to reduce yet another benefit.  

14 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

We have just returned from our Oceana cruise (10th Nov), the only cakes available in the Costa coffee venue on deck 5 were chocolate muffins.   There was no Victoria sponge cakes or sandwiches at lunch.  In Costa on deck 7 there were no cakes at all, the display cabinet was empty.  This was the first ship (other than Britannia) where this has happened.  We were on Oriana in August and always had a coffee and cake early afternoon or a sandwich and coffee at lunchtime.  I hope that this isn't a trial to reduce yet another benefit.  

I hope its not a trial.It might help my waistline if there are no cakes but i'm sure part of the appeal of Costa is having delicious cakes.However if P and O are hoping people will purchase the soft drinks or hot drinks package they probably don't need the lure of  cakes!

13 hours ago, thornegirl said:

Cos that rude bloke nicked them all,lol.

There are a few regulars on here who are either just back from a cruise or currently on a ship, perhaps they could advise on the cake situation on the ships they have  / are on.

I don’t often eat cake. It did have it the odd time, shame if it has gone the way of so many other things but perhaps just a Short term supply blip.

Seriously,from what I've read about the attitudes of this Costa place,I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.Luckily,I like tea and am quite happy to plop a EBT or Earl Grey teabag into a cup in the buffet.

3 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Seriously,from what I've read about the attitudes of this Costa place,I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.Luckily,I like tea and am quite happy to plop a EBT or Earl Grey teabag into a cup in the buffet.

the Costa tea was in a proper pot tho. 
tasted better than the other stuff. 

out of curiosity what tea bags are in the rooms and the buffet?

6 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Lol.I,m a retired plumber.Probably had 8 cups of different cups of tea a day from customers.Some drinkable, some went down the sink.So,I'm not that fussy.What I remember,the tea in the room was EBT.The buffet had a cross section of various teas.Forget the brand but pretty good.

18 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Twinings if I remember correctly.

1 minute ago, brillo said:

PG Tips on our last cruise in May.

Seems like Sharon and I haven't cruised PandO for a while.We used to grab a few bags from the buffet to take back to the room.Do like an Earl Grey now and then.

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

There are a few regulars on here who are either just back from a cruise or currently on a ship, perhaps they could advise on the cake situation on the ships they have  / are on.

I don’t often eat cake. It did have it the odd time, shame if it has gone the way of so many other things but perhaps just a Short term supply blip.

All good on Ventura, although i tended to avoid but i "fell" a few times.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Indeed, my experience of the Costa coffee outlets aboard is the waiters have advanced training in avoiding eye contact with customers. I now contrast this with the friendly attentive service I get in Marellas Coffee Ports serving Lavazza coffee, no free cakes though.

• Like 1

I love those little fruit tarts in the Costa coffee shop. I was on Azura a couple of years ago and was told I couldn't have one until 11 am. It was then 10:50 am and there was a tray full of them in the display cabinet! I said how ridiculous that was and if they were out on display then they should be available to eat.  I got nowhere and they just said I could have a muffin but not the fruit tart, so I sat down and waited until 11 am to order my coffee! The gave me the fruit tart with a scowl! I'm on Aurora very soon and will be waiting for my coffee until 11 am this time! 😄

We were on Oriana earlier this summer. The first morning I asked for two coffees to take away along with a croissant there wasn't a problem. After that no matter what time of day I asked for coffee to take away along with a cake, biscuit or pastry I was refused the food by the server. When I asked why I was told you can no longer have something to eat if you are taking the coffee away. 

3 hours ago, Lottie A said:

I love those little fruit tarts in the Costa coffee shop. I was on Azura a couple of years ago and was told I couldn't have one until 11 am. It was then 10:50 am and there was a tray full of them in the display cabinet! I said how ridiculous that was and if they were out on display then they should be available to eat.  I got nowhere and they just said I could have a muffin but not the fruit tart, so I sat down and waited until 11 am to order my coffee! The gave me the fruit tart with a scowl! I'm on Aurora very soon and will be waiting for my coffee until 11 am this time! 😄

Quite the opposite for me on Ventura in March. I got a drink at 10.45 and asked for a cake. I was told they were not available until 11.00 or 11.30, not sure which. The waitress then said as soon as the time came for giving them out she would bring me one, which she did.

37 minutes ago, daiB said:

Quite the opposite for me on Ventura in March. I got a drink at 10.45 and asked for a cake. I was told they were not available until 11.00 or 11.30, not sure which. The waitress then said as soon as the time came for giving them out she would bring me one, which she did.

you're describing the same predicament as Lottie,you had to wait 15mins.The only difference is,maybe you didn't get a scowl.

3 minutes ago, brian1 said:

you're describing the same predicament as Lottie,you had to wait 15mins.The only difference is,maybe you didn't get a scowl.

That’s part of the point, but I did not have to ask again. I know that they change the food given at about 11, so you have to wait I was not going anywhere. I was not in a predicament.

1 hour ago, daiB said:

That’s part of the point, but I did not have to ask again. I know that they change the food given at about 11, so you have to wait I was not going anywhere. I was not in a predicament.

Fair enough,I just wouldn't fancy going to the counter like Oliver Twist and asking for a fruit tart.

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Fair enough,I just wouldn't fancy going to the counter like Oliver Twist and asking for a fruit tart.

Why would you even consider that. You still have to ask in the first place.