Martinis on classic beverage package?

jenjes3

Husband and I are trying to decide if it’s worth almost $200 to upgrade to Premium? We do like an occasional martini and hoping they are offered at martini bar to classic packages. Anyone deal with this ? Thank you 

Karen 

You can martinis at most bars the speciality cocktail ones at the martini bar  are not on classic but might be better to just pay the overage  I think the martinis are 12 at the martini bar. You just pay the difference plus 20%.  So would be lik 3.60 I believe.  If you only plan on the occasional better way to go.  Might be wrong on price of the martinis at martini bar.  Updating looks like martini bar is 15 for them.  

Edited by bikerunner

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

You can martinis at most bars the speciality cocktail ones at the martini bar  are not on classic but might be better to just pay the overage  I think the martinis are 12 at the martini bar. You just pay the difference plus 20%.  So would be lik 3.60 I believe.  If you only plan on the occasional better way to go.  Might be wrong on price of the martinis at martini bar.  Updating looks like martini bar is 15 for them.  

I have the premium beverage package in my upcoming Med cruise on Apex next May. Does it qualify for martinis using grey goose vodka? Also baileys on ice. I like one in the evening but I like the real Baileys. 

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I have the premium beverage package in my upcoming Med cruise on Apex next May. Does it qualify for martinis using grey goose vodka? Also baileys on ice. I like one in the evening but I like the real Baileys. 

Yes and yes.

:classic_smile:

I'm sure it varies per cruise, but last January on the Equinox we had the classic and were able to order them at the martini bar. I believe they started out in a smaller glass and then graduated to a normal martini glass. I did tip a buck or two as I always do if I enjoy the service at any bar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike981 said:

I'm sure it varies per cruise, but last January on the Equinox we had the classic and were able to order them at the martini bar. I believe they started out in a smaller glass and then graduated to a normal martini glass. I did tip a buck or two as I always do if I enjoy the service at any bar.

Lucky you! On the Reflection this past March I was refused a martini at the martini bar, classic pkg!! Very disappointing as you pay enough for the pkg. I didn't care if it was in a smaller glass but nooooooo!! A kind gentleman passed his " premium " card and said give her what she wants!! 😲

7 minutes ago, newfiegirl4 said:

Lucky you! On the Reflection this past March I was refused a martini at the martini bar, classic pkg!! Very disappointing as you pay enough for the pkg. I didn't care if it was in a smaller glass but nooooooo!! A kind gentleman passed his " premium " card and said give her what she wants!! 😲

Sharing a drink package isn’t allowed, he’s lucky they didn’t cancel his package on the spot. And people wonder why drinks are so expensive.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Sharing a drink package isn’t allowed, he’s lucky they didn’t cancel his package on the spot. And people wonder why drinks are so expensive.

Never having purchased a drinks package before just wondering why someone cant purchase a martini on the classics package? 

12 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Yes on both.   Iain is a big fan of Grey Goose and has a double Bailey's for desert.   Both covered under Premium.

10 hours ago, newfiegirl4 said:

I was on the Silhouette and had the classic pkg ( I never upgrade but hubby does)  He would get the big martini and they would bring me a small one.  I always thought it was grade of liquor being used and not the size????? Not to be a tattle tale but I have seen them pouring Absolute into a Grey Goose bottle.  Last day of cruise and they were "marrying" their stock on board.

• Like 1

too bad you didn't take a picture......Obviously, that's essentially fraud....

Reality is that if it's any sort of mixed vodka drink, it's almost impossible for most to tell the difference in Vodkas...even though many will claim they can tell.  I've done tests with friends with bloody marys and given two drinks with different vodkas, they get the expensive one (or their own brand) right about 50% of the time.  How many times have you heard someone order a grey goose bloody mary......

On our last celebrity cruise we had the classic package and faced the same dilemma. The martini bar was not willing to make specialty martinis smaller to fit our package. They would, however, make any other drink requested (so could get a non-specialty martini) with included liquors OR would make us a specialty martini and charge the difference. We ended up going there a few nights of the cruise and ordering 1-2 specialty martinis and the upcharge was still a lot less than upgrading to premium.

On 11/10/2019 at 12:46 PM, kayehall said:

I was on the Silhouette and had the classic pkg ( I never upgrade but hubby does)  He would get the big martini and they would bring me a small one.  I always thought it was grade of liquor being used and not the size????? Not to be a tattle tale but I have seen them pouring Absolute into a Grey Goose bottle.  Last day of cruise and they were "marrying" their stock on board.

that is worrying what about people who are coeliac and can only have certain brands that make sure levels of gluten qualify to be gluten free.  Baileys is an example along with some vodka.

Also can only one person in a cabin cabin for 2 upgrade.  

Edited by fragilek
sp

On 11/10/2019 at 9:52 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Yes on both.   Iain is a big fan of Grey Goose and has a double Bailey's for desert.   Both covered under Premium.

Is baileys only on the premium- I have forgotten already only cruised in July and I cant remember if I just paid the upgrade cost lol

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:56 PM, newfiegirl4 said:

I don't think that there is any actual policy in place to accommodate making specialty martini's fit within the classic package. However, I have seen a few posts lately from people who said that they were flat out denied service at the martini bar without having a premium package. That is ridiculous and if it ever happens to me, you can be sure that I will be asking to speak to a manager. Celebrity is in the business to make money and someone who wants to buy a martini without a package or pay the upcharge to get one with the classic package should be served.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2019 at 8:56 PM, newfiegirl4 said:

Drink package sharing isn't allowed so I wouldn't count on the kindness of strangers. The gentlemen must have been a big tipper. 

If you have a classic package and want a premium drink, you pay the difference in cost + 20% service fee on that difference. You could try your classic package at the martini bar to see if the rule is observed. If not, the upgrade is available on board.  

Edited by Marelaine

I went back to read what it says on the celebrity site re baileys and it seems it is not included- I will just pay top up per glass.  However on reading that page I came across a bit that seems to suggests that I you have a free perk clasic package you now need to pay an addition $14 per day service charge for it can someone confirm this as I have just booked and did not know about this change

https://onlycelebritycruisedeals.com/celebrity-drink-package-2019/

Edited by fragilek
wed added

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 6:37 PM, drakes2 said:

Thank you. I've never had the drinks package before and been on many Celebrity cruises so pretty happy about it.

We really enjoy the deluxe  drink package.  I like Evian and my DH Pelligrino- We also enjoy the Premium cocktails using top shelf alcohol.  In addition, we like the "better" wines.

If you do not care about the water, fresh squeezed oj, canned soda and specialty water and energy drinks and the other items I mentioned above, the regular drink package works.  .

The $14 additional charge applies to bookings made after 10/10/19 when the beverage package is selected as a perk.

The price of the Martinis at the Martini Bar is $13 so with the Classic package a martini at the MB would have a upcharge of $4 plus 20% gratuity.  

In Sept. on Equinox at the Martini bar, the cost was $15 per drink. You can get regular martinis, dirty martinis and cosmos at other bars in the smaller glasses on the classic package. A few times I've gotten the bartender to make me a chocolate martini, but that varies.

On 11/9/2019 at 1:22 PM, drakes2 said:

Yes...  Iain has a double Baileys every night instead of desert and it is covered under Premium Package.  

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes...  Iain has a double Baileys every night instead of desert and it is covered under Premium Package.  

Whew! Thanks for the info. Will not make or break my cruise but I do enjoy Baileys on ice.

3 hours ago, Marelaine said:

Drink package sharing isn't allowed so I wouldn't count on the kindness of strangers. The gentlemen must have been a big tipper. 

If you have a classic package and want a premium drink, you pay the difference in cost + 20% service fee on that difference. You could try your classic package at the martini bar to see if the rule is observed. If not, the upgrade is available on board.  

I certainly wasn't counting on "anything" other than the service I paid for! 

Out of my 4 Cel cruises, this was the worst service I had received at the martini bar! 

This gentleman spent every evening there before dinner having drinks. We had a lovely conversation....was a nice way to meet someone...lol. I guess my tip wasn't large enough for them to serve me! They shouldn't be counting on tips, they are getting paid to provide a service to paid packages! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, newfiegirl4 said:

I certainly wasn't counting on "anything" other than the service I paid for! 

Out of my 4 Cel cruises, this was the worst service I had received at the martini bar! 

This gentleman spent every evening there before dinner having drinks. We had a lovely conversation....was a nice way to meet someone...lol. I guess my tip wasn't large enough for them to serve me! They shouldn't be counting on tips, they are getting paid to provide a service to paid packages! 

My apologies. I didn't mean to imply that you expected someone to get your drink on his package. The bartender/waiter shouldn't have put your drink on his card. He should have allowed you to order a drink with your own package and pay the difference.

• Like 1