Kudos to Tuscan Grille

ShawninFL

I have done my share of bashing Tuscan Grille over the last few years as we've had multiple bad experiences there on at least 4 different ships.  If fact, I'd even stated publicly that we'd written the restaurant off and wouldn't go anymore.  Today, however; I'm here praise our two meals on our recent Millennium cruise in October.  We only went because we had $550.00 in nonrefundable OBC that we needed to spend on something and due to the the lack of specialty restaurant options on Millennium, we picked to go there one night of our 4-night package. Wow were we surprised.  Our meal was spectacular from beginning to end.  Service, food quality, and food preparation not only exceeded our low expectations, we were actually blown away.  Everything was spot on.  We enjoyed it so much, we changed one of our other reservations to go back a few days later.  That meal was just as good of an experience.  So, I'm here to give credit where credit is due.  Tuscan Grille on Millennium was a 10 out of 10 and we will give it a try again on other ships in the future.

Happy Cruising!!

Shawn in FL

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Hmmmm.. we have avoided Tuscan recently after so many less than average dining experiences . Have certainly prefered Main Dining on first night after poor service and food on Tuscan Solstice , so hopefully they will get their act together .its a lovely venue but should be Special - hence the price upcharge -   and certainly not  average / ordinary .. maybe we will return in April . 

13 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Well your experience does inspire new hope.  We usually try Tuscan once per cruise and then ask ourselves, why did we just do that?  Maybe we will have the same result as you on Silhouette in a week or so.

Please come back and report on your experience.  We've found Tuscan to be hit or miss on different ships......

Have Silhouette booked for next year so would like to know what you thought.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Glad to hear it. I'm happy to say we had the same experience in September on the Millennium. I've always found Tuscan a bit hit or miss, but we've enjoyed it. On the Millennium we loved it. The food was spot on, the pasta sauces finally were brought up to a standard I was expecting, specifically the marinara which wasn't overly sweet like we've had in the past. Service was excellent throughout the meals. Speaking with other friends on our cruise they all said the same exact thing and were very impressed. Hopefully whatever they're doing there can spread throughout the fleet!

3 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

Please come back and report on your experience.  We've found Tuscan to be hit or miss on different ships......

Have Silhouette booked for next year so would like to know what you thought.  Thanks!

We were less than impressed this past December.

We had a horrible experience on Millenium in Aug of 2018 but had a wonderful experience last week on the Infinity. Here are photos of the Filet Mignon I ordered on the Millenium and the Infinity. They insisted that thin little sirloin was a filet mignon on the Millenium (ordered it cooked Medium).

1366702E-BC17-4A63-AF7F-054007E39DE7.heic 68F7C40E-59E4-4EAF-920C-33472A752EA1.heic

We dined in Tuscan aboard Eclipse last night. I ordered Veal Marsala which was terribly salty, however my Sister’s filet was absolute perfection. She couldn’t finish it, so I had the last 3 bites, and it was of very good quality. I simply ordered the wrong entree for my personal taste. 

Maybe my expectations are low or others expect too much, but, we have had 3 wonderful experiences at the Tuscan Grille.

The food was fantastic, the staff and the service was outstanding !

On our upcoming trip on the Silhouette we have 3 visits to Tuscan, looking forward to each visit !

Our issues with Tuscan have always revolved around service. We've enjoyed the food, if you don't count the fact that I like my lasagna with more sauce and cheese and less meat.  We're thinking of trying it next week but will try to get it delivered to our suite.

My only other reference for cruise ship food is Oceania and Silversea but our family was impressed with Tuscan. So much so that we ate there twice on our 7-day Caribbean cruise last November on Summit. 

Both times we ate with an offered discount so that certainly helped with our positive perception of value.

On 11/12/2019 at 10:50 AM, mdpa said:

Both times we ate with an offered discount so that certainly helped with our positive perception of value.

Exactly. We learned long ago to never pay the posted rate for specialty restaurants on Celebrity. I can’t recall a time we ever paid “retail”. If/when quality and service suffers, it at least softens the blow a bit knowing you paid a reduced rate. And if you’re happy with the experience, all the better. 

We’ve never sailed over the Holidays, but I’d suspect these sailings may be the exception to the rule when it comes to reduced rates if the specialties are heavily booked. 

On 11/12/2019 at 8:59 AM, chicagopaul said:

Glad to hear it. I'm happy to say we had the same experience in September on the Millennium. I've always found Tuscan a bit hit or miss, but we've enjoyed it. On the Millennium we loved it. 

Mr. Paul,

Thanks for your input.  😊