status acquired by living together

18 hours ago, twangster said:

I'm not sure anything is broken.  It's a loyalty program designed to motivate guests to come back.  

A child who grew up taking a few cruises will likely cruise themselves as their life, career and bank account progresses.  Once they are in that position if they had no status it would be an even playing field with little motivation to prefer Royal.  

My kids missed out because my Diamond status came when they were 19 or above.  As adults now one of them wanted to book a cruise this coming December.  Absent of anything else they shopped by price.  They don't have big bank accounts, I get it.  Royal wasn't cheapest.  Guess who won their business?  Not Royal.  If they had inherited Diamond status I can state with certainty Royal would have won their business.  

Those are the rules and we accept that.  They missed inheriting Diamond by one year.   At least no one can complain about them crowding up the DL.  Not even Royal since they won't be on a Royal ship.  

With your logic, why not just give everyone Diamond after their first cruise????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SRF said:

With your logic, why not just give everyone Diamond after their first cruise????

A bit of hyperbole don't you think? 

That's not at all what I was saying and you've completely missed the point about C&A being a loyalty program, not a "I've made Diamond now close the doors" program.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, twangster said:

I'm not sure anything is broken.  It's a loyalty program designed to motivate guests to come back.  

Absent of anything else they shopped by price.  They don't have big bank accounts, I get it. 

I have been cruising for 30 yrs long before these programs started. I actually sent Princess a photo that was taken on the ship in order to prove that I had sailed before the program started and they could add it to my account.  I'm still motivated by price and itinerary  over loyalty programs. Most of them are all fluff with the big prize, if you consider it a big prize not coming until you dropped a lot of money and perhaps sacrificed itinerary.  Even if I inherited diamond, the bottom shelf cocktails and a few pigs in a blanket wouldn't sway my decision. Like wise my adult children sail on the line that has the best price and the one all of their friends can agree on.  

• Like 3

Thinking this one through a little more....

A and B are both diamond

A and B divorce

A moves in with C and C becomes diamond

B moves in with D and D becomes diamond

A and C split up.

A moves in with E and E becomes diamond

C moves in with F and F becomes diamond......

C has 2 teenage children from their first marriage - N & M.

N & M become diamond.

After C splits up with A and moves in with F, who also happens to have 2 teenage children, P & O.

P & O become diamond.

N, M, P & O grow up a little and move in with their respective partners.....and they now become diamond.....

All because of A & B, there are 12 additional people in the lounge.

You get the gist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, little britain said:

A and B are both diamond

A and B divorce

A and C split up.

N & M become diamond.

After C splits up with A and moves in with F, who also happens to have 2 teenage children, P & O.

P & O become diamond.

N, M, P & O grow up a little and move in with their respective partners.....and they now become diamond.....

You get the gist.

It spreads like a disease.

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Even if I inherited diamond, the bottom shelf cocktails and a few pigs in a blanket wouldn't sway my decision.

Pigs in a blanket.  Love it.  Hadn’t thought of those since my grade school cafeteria days.  Now it’s making me hungry.  😋. Used to enjoy them with a mix of basic ketchup and mustard.

1 minute ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Pigs in a blanket.  Love it.  Hadn’t thought of those since my grade school cafeteria days.  Now it’s making me hungry.  😋. Used to enjoy them with a mix of basic ketchup and mustard.

You can buy them frozen now. My mother used to make them with Pillsbury crescent rolls. Now I'm hungry..LOL

48 minutes ago, little britain said:

A and B are both diamond

A and B divorce

A and C split up.

N & M become diamond.

P & O become diamond.

You get the gist.

You also missed B & D splitting up and meeting - G & H respectively! 😅

It doesn't stop at 12 extra ha ha

seems like a bad time to bring up...just called and got my better half her diamond status since we live together. but to ease the pain for some of you, although i did originally inherent my diamond status from my parents, a few years ago i surpassed the 80 pts so am authentic diamond now  

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, EDiamond22 said:

seems like a bad time to bring up...just called and got my better half her diamond status since we live together. but to ease the pain for some of you, although i did originally inherent my diamond status from my parents, a few years ago i surpassed the 80 pts so am authentic diamond now  

You're not stirring anything up. You are diamond and your live in girl friend is given the same tier level you are. RC allows this. You aren't trying to circumvent the system by lying about her living with you (when she doesn't) just to get her the diamond level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

A and B are both diamond

A and B divorce

A and C split up.

N & M become diamond.

P & O become diamond.

You get the gist.

That reminds me of an old TV commercial for some product that I can't remember (hair spray, soap, deodorant...) where the pretty young lady would say "Just tell 2 friends and they'll tell 2 friends who will tell 2 friends and so and so on....." and soon the screen was filled with 2 dozen pretty young ladies.

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:
2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Even if I inherited diamond, the bottom shelf cocktails and a few pigs in a blanket wouldn't sway my decision.

Love Pig in a Blanket.  *** I'll wait for the laughter and smirking to die down ***. That might actually encourage me to book Royal more often.  More importantly, that would be an awesome addition to the Portside BBQ late night menu, if its not already there.

Mixing ketchup and mustard....why haven't I thought of that before....most useful tip I've learned on CC in months.😃

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You're not stirring anything up. You are diamond and your live in girl friend is given the same tier level you are. RC allows this. You aren't trying to circumvent the system by lying about her living with you (when she doesn't) just to get her the diamond level.

exactly, thank you! we try to keep on the up and up lol.. yes we have lived together a few years now, but i never knew you only had to live together i thought you had to be married to share status so on our last cruise (it was her first) i just didnt go to the DL. 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, EDiamond22 said:

exactly, thank you! we try to keep on the up and up lol.. yes we have lived together a few years now, but i never knew you only had to live together i thought you had to be married to share status so on our last cruise (it was her first) i just didnt go to the DL. 🤷‍♂️

You do realize the DL is open 24 hours? The 3 hour C&A HH starts in the evening at 4:30 or 5:00 PM depending on the ship you are cruising on and when early TD starts.  Enjoy the DL and the other perks/benefits for being diamond. BTW the DL offers a lot more snacks than the so called pigs in a blanket and bottom shelf cocktails. 🙄

Edited by davekathy

21 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

That reminds me of an old TV commercial for some product that I can't remember (hair spray, soap, deodorant...) where the pretty young lady would say "Just tell 2 friends and they'll tell 2 friends who will tell 2 friends and so and so on....." and soon the screen was filled with 2 dozen pretty young ladies.

Her you go with Heather Locklear and Faberge Shampoo.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

This is getting like the Brady Bunch....  

It's the story of a lovely lady 

who was bringing up 3 very lovely girls

They were all Diamond Plus. like their mother..... The youngest one never sailed.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Haha 5

• Clarea locked this topic