status acquired by living together

5 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

You can only link one significant other and only significant other linkages will confer Pinnancle level.  Children linkages are limited to Diamond Plus level.

So one of you would have to link with a Pinnacle,then unlink, then link with the other.

Any lonely single female Pinnacles looking??????

😄 😄 😄

• Haha 1

A and B are both diamond

A and B divorce

A moves in with C and C becomes diamond

B moves in with D and D becomes diamond

A and C split up.

A moves in with E and E becomes diamond

C moves in with F and F becomes diamond......

No wonder the lounge is overcrowded! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Probably no way to find out, but I wonder about the actual numbers, i.e., how many ( and what percentage) of C&A members have C&A levels higher than their own earned points would give them.  I would also wonder how many of these cruise more than once every few years.

14 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Probably no way to find out, but I wonder about the actual numbers, i.e., how many ( and what percentage) of C&A members have C&A levels higher than their own earned points would give them.  I would also wonder how many of these cruise more than once every few years.

Personal experience - my DSS inherited his diamond status via his father.

Now his girlfriend is in the lounge too... so that is 2 for starters!!!

ps: what are you doing awake this early!?

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Does anyone know if I can link my Brother to my diamond status?  We do not live together but we are cruising together next year on a b2b and have separate cabins booked.   I would feel bad to go diamond lounge without him.

No, you cannot. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Does anyone know if I can link my Brother to my diamond status?  We do not live together but we are cruising together next year on a b2b and have separate cabins booked.   I would feel bad to go diamond lounge without him.

Only children under age 18 and one "significant other" can be linked.

10 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Hypothetically speaking, does this work by current rules...

Are husbands and wives automatically linked, or not?  If not, do they each have a "significant other" spot open?  🙂  🤣

Dan

Not always automatic.  Contact C&A to confirm.

Each person can only have one "significant other" link.  So for example if husband and wife are linked as significant other, then they cannot link with anyone else as significant other.

7 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Are husbands and wives automatically linked, or not?  If not, do they each have a "significant other" spot open?  🙂  🤣

Dan

If they are not linked they could each have a significant other (same address) linked to them

17 minutes ago, molly361 said:
25 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Dan

If they are not linked they could each have a significant other (same address) linked to them

In other words Dan, your "significant other" would need to move in with you and your wife.

Have fun - or should I say - good luck with that. 🤣 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Not always automatic.  Contact C&A to confirm.

Each person can only have one "significant other" link.  So for example if husband and wife are linked as significant other, then they cannot link with anyone else as significant other.

26 minutes ago, molly361 said:

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

In other words Dan, your "significant other" would need to move in with you and your wife.

Have fun - or should I say - good luck with that. 🤣 🤣🤣

Didn't say it wouldn't come along with some complications.   🙂 😂  LOL

(I would never do this by the way, just an interesting thought).  Goes to show the over-flexibility of the system IMO.

Dan

• Like 2

10 hours ago, little britain said:

A and B are both diamond

A and B divorce

A moves in with C and C becomes diamond

B moves in with D and D becomes diamond

A and C split up.

A moves in with E and E becomes diamond

C moves in with F and F becomes diamond......

This is like the 6 degrees of separation game. 

Perhaps there should be Diamond Degrees as part of the status. 

A & B are Diamond+ First Degree (they earned it) 

C, D, and E are Diamond+ Second Degree

F is Diamond+ Third Degree (or CZ+) 

Also there should be a limit on how many "links to status" any one member can have.  Good Lord Zsa Zsa Gabor was married five times, her Diamond tree could easily be 15 to 20 people deep.

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

You can only link one significant other and only significant other linkages will confer Pinnancle level.  Children linkages are limited to Diamond Plus level.

So one of you would have to link with a Pinnacle,then unlink, then link with the other.

There's probably more "linking" going on than anyone would admit:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

On 11/13/2019 at 8:41 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

He didn't earn it so he shouldn't go. He's also not your significant other. Use the 3 drinks provided on your sea pass at other bars and have him pay for his own. The more people abuse the system they more it will end up hurting the ones who have actually earned it.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

My son who is now 24  and I are linked to the same account as we sailed with Royal Caribbean when he was a minor. We sailed for a second time with him in June. Separate reservations, two different TAs and different rooms. He has sailed one time without us giving him more points. My wife and I have the higher points linked to our names. We all have the same amount of points. I can certainly understand the over load of the top tiers with the system they have going.  I hope he finds a Pinnacle to marry....🤑

Edited by Iamcruzin