Breakfast At Guy's Burgers!

cmichael1279

Saw it on a FB post, with the menu.  Plan on it rolling out to other ships, possibly all.  Think it is a flat out home run.  Steak and egg for dinner works, I am sure a burger and egg will as well.  Great idea to off load some of the Lido crowded lines.  

• Like 6

When we're back on the Sunrise in May I may have to alternate with a breakfast burrito from the Blue Iguana Iguana cantina, with an All American breakfast burger from Guys. Both washed down with a Thirsty Frog of course! 😀

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, shof515 said:

hamburger with eggs seems like a strange combination, never heard of it 

Well, steak and eggs is on the menu of the seaday brunch, and to quote a commercial from long ago, what's hamburger but chopped steak?

Back to the original post, thanks for sharing the news, cmichael1279.  It certainly wasn't on the Freedom when I was on her last month.  We'll have to see if they test it on the Breeze next month.  I'm intrigued.  I don't think it's a great combination, but that wouldn't stop me from sampling it once or twice.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

There’s a few places around here, like Red Robin, that serve a burger with a fried egg on it. They’re actually quite good.

Very common. Not a new thing. Surprised people haven't heard of it!

Edited by amyotravel
  • Like 3

I've seen plenty of places offering burgers with eggs.

I really enjoyed Guy's burgers on my cruise last month - first time I'd had them. Was a nice option for something different. Given that I'm picky I liked having the fixings bar where I selected my own toppings.

Sounds good to me!  I tried the Breakfast Spaghetti last month on Sunshine and really enjoyed it.  Soft-boiled egg and pasta?  I was pleasantly surprised.  Had considered a burger but wanted to try something I'd never had before.  Will happily try any new breakfast options in the future!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Thank You Carnival for reducing the lines at the Blue Iguana burrito bar and the omelet stations on the Lido.:classic_biggrin:

You bring up a fairly good point.  The breakfast and lunch crowds on Lido is the busiest area on any Carnival ship.  This option, and options are certainly a good thing, offer their clients more choices around breakfast (in this case).  Def worth trying.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Host Carolyn said:

.Been to some foodie type places that do the egg on a burger....not my thing but to each his own

Many Portuguese steakhouses offer eggs on top of steaks on their menus.

Edited by jimbo5544

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

You bring up a fairly good point.  The breakfast and lunch crowds on Lido is the busiest area on any Carnival ship.  This option, and options are certainly a good thing, offer their clients more choices around breakfast (in this case).  Def worth trying.

My favorite breakfast spot, though, is the MDR. Lido is just too crazy! 

• Like 1