Breakfast At Guy's Burgers!

cmichael1279

31 minutes ago, amyotravel said:

Doesn't breakfast in the MDR (not Sea Day Brunch) end too early for a lot of folks? Anything that is a bit later is good.

Yes, anything that is available later is good for those that sleep later. I’m an early bird, though, up by 6:00, and out for a walk around decks before getting coffee at coffee bar, then breakfast in MDR. But I also saw that there are breakfast tacos at Blue Iguana, and I’d like to try that. I’m all for multiple food choices at all different times. 

Just now, grandmarnnurse said:

Yes, anything that is available later is good for those that sleep later. I’m an early bird, though, up by 6:00, and out for a walk around decks before getting coffee at coffee bar, then breakfast in MDR. But I also saw that there are breakfast tacos at Blue Iguana, and I’d like to try that. I’m all for multiple food choices at all different times. 

Love breakfast at Blue Iguana. I pile eggs and salsas on the arepas!

1 hour ago, amyotravel said:

Doesn't breakfast in the MDR (not Sea Day Brunch) end too early for a lot of folks? Anything that is a bit later is good.

The Port Day Breakfast schedule is optimized for people going ashore early, like for a morning excursion.  It may not be the overwhelming majority, but enough to dictate setting up the MDR that way.  The rest can either make it shortly before closing or eat elsewhere.

25 minutes ago, coevan said:

yes, for lunch and turkey sausage is gross. I really do not like Guy's menu for breakfast. 

I kind of like the menu, but I'll give you one thing: it's really heavy.  Consider The Plain Joe: beef patty, two eggs, melty cheese, cheddar cheese, and donkey sauce (spicy mayo).  Plus fries on the side.  And it's their basic option; the All American also has bacon, tomato, and hash browns.  That's all well and good for a hangover breakfast after a night of hard partying, but it's abysmal for fueling up for an active day on port.  And even on a sea day, I don't want to give myself a food coma before 10:00 AM.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, shof515 said:

hamburger with eggs seems like a strange combination, never heard of it 

First time I saw it was in the 70's when I was stationed in North Carolina.  A lot of the restaurants had it on the menu.  Give it a try.  They're really pretty good.  They also had pulled pork  sandwiches with coleslaw on them.  Never heard of that before either but they too are good.  We probably have food in Michigan that North Carolinian never heard of either.  😊

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

First time I saw it was in the 70's when I was stationed in North Carolina.  A lot of the restaurants had it on the menu.  Give it a try.  They're really pretty good.  They also had pulled pork  sandwiches with coleslaw on them.  Never heard of that before either but they too are good.  We probably have food in Michigan that North Carolinian never heard of either.  😊

It simply is yet another option for food on lido.  Love when people pan it before trying or even seeing it. 

From all of the comments about reducing lines, I'm a bit skeptical for that. Guy's is sometimes a generic breakfast station in the morning. I believe I've seen it serving omelets before. For omelet lovers, it may not help that situation.

I'm all for additional choices though. I love Guy's, but I often don't get to go there as much as I want because of a lot of great lunch options. I will absolutely try this out!

18 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Saw it on a FB post, with the menu.  Plan on it rolling out to other ships, possibly all.  Think it is a flat out home run.  Steak and egg for dinner works, I am sure a burger and egg will as well.  Great idea to off load some of the Lido crowded lines.  

Maybe this will make the line at the Omelette Station a lot shorter. 

17 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Sounds good to me!  I tried the Breakfast Spaghetti last month on Sunshine and really enjoyed it.  Soft-boiled egg and pasta?  I was pleasantly surprised.  Had considered a burger but wanted to try something I'd never had before.  Will happily try any new breakfast options in the future!

Pasta carbonara (prepared traditionally) is basically a breakfast spaghetti too - spaghetti with bacon and eggs 🙂 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beachbum53 said:

Maybe this will make the line at the Omelette Station a lot shorter. 

The Sunrise also had 4 other spots for Omelette stations, which helped dramatically.  That said, you are correct, it will certainly help.

Edited by jimbo5544

16 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I get that, but all options are a good thing

Not quite. Options are a good thing. How each venue is perceived is in the eye and experience of the beholder. 

I'm sure this will be popular with many. We don't eat hamburger so it won't be a good option for us. 

12 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Not quite. Options are a good thing. How each venue is perceived is in the eye and experience of the beholder. 

I'm sure this will be popular with many. We don't eat hamburger so it won't be a good option for us. 

Understand the point, if you did not like burgers, the point is moot.  You cannot please everybody 100% of the time, without question, but having additional venues certainly helps overall.  I do not like sushi. But still think the Bonsai sushi is a viable alternate eatery.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Understand the point, if you did not like burgers, the point is moot.  You cannot please everybody 100% of the time, without question, but having additional venues certainly helps overall.  I do not like sushi. But still think the Bonsai sushi is a viable alternate eatery.

The point is the old expression " options are good " works in both situations whether you like the option or not. You said " all options are good " and they are not because they may not apply to all. Absolute statements are slippery slopes for discussion.

40 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

The point is the old expression " options are good " works in both situations whether you like the option or not. You said " all options are good " and they are not because they may not apply to all. Absolute statements are slippery slopes for discussion.

I get the point, might debate it as to whether it does what you imply, but will move on so we do not put everybody to sleep.

• Like 1

Having options is all well and good, and yet... There's something to be said about the college-like setup with nearly everyone eating in the same place and running into each other.  That's why colleges are so social, and it's so easy to meet people on campus.  Considering how many people age-regress to college years on cruises, having a college-like dining setup will make for a very lively social atmosphere.  I know from experience.

It's the reason I like old ships.  There may be fewer options, but I like what's offered and how easy it is to run into people I met previously.  Yeah yeah, I can use the FunHub app, but I don't want anything to do with cell phones while on a cruise.  They remind me of work.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

Having options is all well and good, and yet... There's something to be said about the college-like setup with nearly everyone eating in the same place and running into each other.  That's why colleges are so social, and it's so easy to meet people on campus.  Considering how many people age-regress to college years on cruises, having a college-like dining setup will make for a very lively social atmosphere.  I know from experience.

It's the reason I like old ships.  There may be fewer options, but I like what's offered and how easy it is to run into people I met previously.  Yeah yeah, I can use the FunHub app, but I don't want anything to do with cell phones while on a cruise.  They remind me of work.

LOL, this is nothing like any college I attended or our five kids went to.

15 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I get the point, might debate it as to whether it does what you imply, but will move on so we do not put everybody to sleep.

Your fallback of " moving on " is when you're waving a white flag. Seasons Greetings and Happy Cruises, Jim

• Like 1