Best Sale Ever Starts December 11th

azbirdmom

I haven't seen much discussion in this thread of the air discount that was provided in the Cyber Sale of $200-400pp. For example, we are flying from LA to Fort Lauderdale and then from Copenhagen to LA on our 25 day cruise on the Sky Princess next April. Total airfare is $336.26. Without the $800 air discount it would be $1136.26. The Best Sale Ever doesn't include that, unless one is adding the perks onto an existing sale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gnocchi_mommy said:

This worked out great for us!! We are on a 15 nt TA and by rebooking under this code our cabin was about $700 more, and we lost $400 OBC- so about $1100 more. 

Drink package $2123.00

Wifi $150

Gratuities $435

Which saved us about $1608 total 

TA just told me our increase is actually $300 less than princess originally quoted. I also found out the free WiFi is per guest so 2 devices, increasing those savings to $300. 

net savings going this route is $2070 for us!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

So I just got back from meeting in person with my TA.  I was right in front of her when she called Princess and she said we wanted to book the add on to the existing booking using coupon code BEST2DW.  It's a 28 day cruise so at $25/pp/day for two it should come out to an additional $1,400.00.  Princess rep told my TA "Done."  When I got home 1/2 hour ago, I printed my new Travel Summary.  Here is what my New Travel summary says: DW & I have the PBP added to my booking for $1,981.56 EACH for a total of $3,963.12.  The unlimited Wifi got added to the summary for $279.16 EACH for a total of $558.32.  The total added to my Travel Summary for the add ons comes to $4,521.44!!

I called my TA back and she called Princess who told her that it's showing correct at their end at $1,400.00 for PBP & Wifi.  Their computers are 'slow' today and the Travel Summary should show the correct amounts 'soon.'

Has anyone else seen this happen in their Travel Summary?

P.S. This is clearly not my TA's error it's definitely Princess.

Your TA should get something from Princess titled "Booking Confirmation (Passenger Copy)" that they can forward to you.  That should have all of the detail including the cruise fare that Princess has set (it won't include any discount granted by the TA).  If you get that, it should help to reassure you that you're paying what you expect.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

My travel summary has always (including for our original booking) showed 'the list price' for each service; not the amount charged or paid.  Our invoice has been the correct amount.

My TA just e-mailed me the new Booking Confirmation and that has the correct numbers!  PBP for about $15/day x 28 days = Big Win!!!

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Phantom of the Seas said:

Just got off the phone with TA (Cruise.com) and Princess (just to make sure).....you must rebook at a higher rate to receive this Promo ....not worth it for us (3 for free) a better deal!

You got bad information. You're not alone. If you read this thread, you'll discover that many TAs and many Princess reps do not (or did not) understand how this works. It's different from anything Princess has done before, so it makes sense that there would be some growing pains.

I hope you'll call back and get another rep, so you can be sure you're getting the best deal. If you'll look at some of the early pages, you'll find links to TA information which spell out how this actually works. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billco said:

I haven't seen much discussion in this thread of the air discount that was provided in the Cyber Sale of $200-400pp. For example, we are flying from LA to Fort Lauderdale and then from Copenhagen to LA on our 25 day cruise on the Sky Princess next April. Total airfare is $336.26. Without the $800 air discount it would be $1136.26. The Best Sale Ever doesn't include that, unless one is adding the perks onto an existing sale.

Yes, folks should definitely factor that in when determining if they are better off staying "as is" or refaring / rebooking.  I have everything on a spreadsheet and I net out the costs of any perks including changes in booked airfare before I make a decision on how to proceed with these sales.

1 minute ago, MamaFej said:

You got bad information. You're not alone. If you read this thread, you'll discover that many TAs and many Princess reps do not (or did not) understand how this works. It's different from anything Princess has done before, so it makes sense that there would be some growing pains.

I hope you'll call back and get another rep, so you can be sure you're getting the best deal. If you'll look at some of the early pages, you'll find links to TA information which spell out how this actually works. 

Good luck!

When you call back, make sure you are not discussing re-fare or rebooking.  You need to make it clear you are looking to add a coupon code to your existing booking.  If you have three for free then you probably want them to apply coupon code BEST2DW.  That should add PBP and Wifi for $25/day.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

When you call back, make sure you are not discussing re-fare or rebooking.  You need to make it clear you are looking to add a coupon code to your existing booking.  If you have three for free then you probably want them to apply coupon code BEST2DW.  That should add PBP and Wifi for $25/day.

This is what I did to 5 of my future bookings (4 of which my category is sold out so not even eligible for sale itself); for really very little more if not less than if I booked the sale new today, these 5 cruises have become basically all inclusive which will be new for us.  I mean I am getting free gratuities, premier beverage package, free wifi, free specialty dinings, OBC from $150-200pp - I am ending up paying basically for any pictures I might buy if any and about 1/2 of my excursions.  Can't beat that!

Pooh

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RMMariner said:

We had two Getaway cruises booked long before this sale. Princess will not let me do an add on for either of them. They would let me re-fare at almost double the cost, but both the rep and our PVP were adamant that the Getaway Sale and the add ons were not combinable.

Hope you get it. If you do please post, because I will give it another try, if anyone here posts that they managed to combine the two.

I'm just curious ... did your Getaway cruises have a non-refundable fare when you booked them?  The reason I ask is that I read this on a travel agency website:

Please note that this promotion is NOT COMBINABLE with any of Princess' non-refundable fares.

Now, that could all change depending on who they get in touch with on the other end.  

• Haha 1

It will be interesting to see once the BSE ends in February, what type of promotion(s) Princess will come out with next that may cause us to refare some of our now-modified all-inclusive bookings again?

We have found part of the fun of booking early is the joy we have refaring when it makes economical sense to do so, or in the case of the BSE optionally adding new perks to existing bookings. I have to admit, though, this promotion definitely had the old calculator working overtime!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I'm just curious ... did your Getaway cruises have a non-refundable fare when you booked them?  The reason I ask is that I read this on a travel agency website:

Please note that this promotion is NOT COMBINABLE with any of Princess' non-refundable fares.

Now, that could all change depending on who they get in touch with on the other end.  

Mine was non-refundable and I was able to add on the package. (not refare)

Janet

• Like 2

The facts:

1. Princess is our favorite

2. The B.E.S made sense for just one of our bookings-

due to having TONS of OBC on the other.

3. Princess agents have no consistency when booking

or modifying a reservation.

I called our TA to change a booking to the B.S. E. and the

answer from Princess was: " Since you have a non-refundable booking already

($2.00 from the dollar day), then you must have a non-refundable booking this

time as well".   WTH?  

So, I told our TA to just cancel the non-refundable $2.00 booking and re-book

with the refundable amount.

GOD GRIEF!!! Come on, Princess!

24 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It will be interesting to see once the BSE ends in February, what type of promotion(s) Princess will come out with next that may cause us to refare some of our now-modified all-inclusive bookings again?

We have found part of the fun of booking early is the joy we have refaring when it makes economical sense to do so, or in the case of the BSE optionally adding new perks to existing bookings. I have to admit, though, this promotion definitely had the old calculator working overtime!

It kind of reminds me of Celebrity's offers as of a year or two ... 1 perk, 2 perks, 3 perks, 4 perks or some variation of these. 

I like this promo ... I already booked one sailing with this and I got a great deal.  Still waiting for my TA, who is over in Europe until after Christmas, look into add ons for my other two sailings that I have booked.  The suspense will probably do me in ... LOL 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sun&sea said:

Mine was non-refundable and I was able to add on the package. (not refare)

Janet

PERFECT … just put a courtesy hold until Monday on a 5 day getaway next November … adding BSE grats and PBP would be really nice … will add wifi if necessary, but really her 290 free minutes and my 10 free minutes is enough for us   😎

• Like 1

I originally had the sip and sail promotion with a regular balcony. My sister and I really wanted a minisuite, but with the sip and sail, it was really expensive. Knowing this promo was going to start Monday, I saw on Saturday that the prices had dropped A LOT. So I dropped our sip and sail and moved to a mini (Under Cyber sale) for much less than the balcony. My deposit became non-refundable.  Monday morning, I was able to add Drinks and gratuities for $30/pp/day. Our  new package includes 4 device wifi, PBP, gratuities, a small amt of OBC and the minisuite we wanted in the beginning. (for about $100 less than our original booking).

This was after I had to call Princess three different times, as the reps had no clue. I am very happy with the outcome. The process...not so much.

Janet

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

Our Getaway Sale was refundable when we purchased. I see it is non-refundable now. I have twice inquired about this. Will try again once this sale is  a little older.

6 minutes ago, RMMariner said:

Our Getaway Sale was refundable when we purchased. I see it is non-refundable now. I have twice inquired about this. Will try again once this sale is  a little older.

Fingers crossed for both of us ... I have no explanations.  

Hmmm. We are booked with the Cyber promotion (4-device Internet, 2 bottles of wine, specialty dining, and OBC) and asked my TA to add BEST2DG (beverages and gratuities). But now I'm seeing Internet duplicated with both the 4-device package from Cyber and 2 "Wi-Fi Package" that would appear to be as if BEST3 was added. I have not received confirmation back the TA - I just happened to see this is on the Personalizer (Travel Summary) but TA was aware that I was expecting $30pp/day ($900 for our 15-night cruise) so shouldn't have added something that costs more. As all the Cyber promotion items are there, I know I haven't been inadvertently refared.

So for anyone who has added BEST2DG to a Cyber promotion booking, what are you seeing on your Travel Summary in the Personalizer?

From my Travel Summary:

SPECIAL SERVICES
Celebrations and Pre-paid gratuities are listed below.

Special Services for this booking

SERVICE
2 Bottles of wine per stateroom

Specialty Dining
MEDALLIONNET 4-DEVICE PROMO 2-30DAY

Specialty Dining
Wi-Fi Package
Full Onboard Gratuities Included
Premier Beverage Package With Tips
Wi-Fi Package

26 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

Hmmm. We are booked with the Cyber promotion (4-device Internet, 2 bottles of wine, specialty dining, and OBC) and asked my TA to add BEST2DG (beverages and gratuities). But now I'm seeing Internet duplicated with both the 4-device package from Cyber and 2 "Wi-Fi Package" that would appear to be as if BEST3 was added. I have not received confirmation back the TA - I just happened to see this is on the Personalizer (Travel Summary) but TA was aware that I was expecting $30pp/day ($900 for our 15-night cruise) so shouldn't have added something that costs more. As all the Cyber promotion items are there, I know I haven't been inadvertently refared.

So for anyone who has added BEST2DG to a Cyber promotion booking, what are you seeing on your Travel Summary in the Personalizer?

From my Travel Summary:

SPECIAL SERVICES

SERVICE

Specialty Dining

Specialty Dining
Wi-Fi Package
Wi-Fi Package

It sure looks like BEST3 was added instead of BEST2DG.  :classic_sad: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Ken- That's really no way to refer to yourself!  We are all young at heart after all!!  :classic_wink: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

From my Travel Summary:

SPECIAL SERVICES

SERVICE

Specialty Dining

Specialty Dining
Wi-Fi Package
Wi-Fi Package

I posted this on another thread.

We have three cabins (taking the family on a Caribbean cruise in June) booked under the cyber event sale (with the perks you listed).  This morning our TA entered BEST2DG coupon code and $210 ($30 per day) was added to each fare for the drink package and gratuities.  Since we would have been paying the gratuities on our folio, the overall cost of the cruise only increased $105 per person and we still have all the credits and perks from the cyber event.

All the previous perks and credits are still listed on my cruise summary and the new ones have been added:

Special Services for this booking (2 passengers)

Service

Quantity

Price

Total

$75.52

$75.52

•  

Specialty Dining

$29.00

$29.00

•  

$104.93

$104.93

•  

Specialty Dining

$29.00

$29.00

•  

$495.39

$495.39

•  

$108.50

$108.50

•  

$495.39

$495.39

•  

$108.50

$108.50

•  

13 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

It sure looks like BEST3 was added instead of BEST2DG.  :classic_sad: 

Yep. Just talked to the TA and it's wrong. They apparently had to call Princess so it sounds like Princess got it wrong. And when I double-checked my math, they had added $40pp/day instead of $30pp/day. They'll fix it.

• Like 4