Jamie's Lunch vs Dinner Menu

2 hours ago, Joelster123 said:

Are there any differences between the menu's or sizes or anything between Lunch & Dinner at Jamie's Italian? The price is a bit cheaper for lunch so was thinking of booking that if there's not too much difference.

Thank you.

I suppose you’re asking about ovation.

Save your money and get room service for $8 and sit on your balcony.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I suppose you’re asking about ovation.

Save your money and get room service for $8 and sit on your balcony.

2 hours ago, Joelster123 said:

Is it that good?

Well put it this way .... he's gone bust and closed his restaurants in the UK - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48352026

In my opinion, RCCL have not had a decent 'Italian' choice since they ditched Portofinio and the only times I've bothered with Jamie's or for that matter Giovanni's since is when it's been 'free n gratis' due to being a B2B passenger!

I'd eaten in Giovanni's for dinner prior to this and it's not a patch on Portifinio and Jamie's is very poor, both on ship and back home!

Edited by ZiggaZagga17

We loved Jamies and had both lunch and dinner there, lunch several times.  I didn't notice a difference in meal sizes, both were perfect.  The one item I thought was laughable was their garlic bread.  I was basically 6 attached buns that had been slit a bit on the top and had a tiny drizzle of garlic butter applied.  Most of it was just plain white bun, nothing garlic about that bread.  

The appetizer planks had some great cheeses and meats along with yummy olives, you can't go wrong with that.  The Pavlova for dessert was amazing!

I don't think you will regret trying it for either meal.

ETA-- I'm trying to remember but I believe both menus were the same.  I don't think there was any difference in lunch and dinner.  

Edited by tinkertwo

The Jamie’s on board is far superior to any land based offering he had. 
The lunch menu is a little shorter and doesn’t have the lamb iirc.  
The plank is excellent and the garlic bread was delicious and very very garlicky!

We went for lunch on boarding day and it was very pleasant sitting in the outside area. 
It was so good we went again for dinner. 

FBE1839F-E1FC-4E88-9E80-7CEF04946BCB.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joelster123 said:

Is it that good?

My experience was ok but not worth $40-$80 extra considering you have already ready paid for your food.

Pasta and bread,maybe some salami and cheese ??

Wonerland  is something different and worth paying for.

3 hours ago, tinkertwo said:

We loved Jamies and had both lunch and dinner there, lunch several times.  I didn't notice a difference in meal sizes, both were perfect.  The one item I thought was laughable was their garlic bread.  I was basically 6 attached buns that had been slit a bit on the top and had a tiny drizzle of garlic butter applied.  Most of it was just plain white bun, nothing garlic about that bread.  

The appetizer planks had some great cheeses and meats along with yummy olives, you can't go wrong with that.  The Pavlova for dessert was amazing!

I don't think you will regret trying it for either meal.

ETA-- I'm trying to remember but I believe both menus were the same.  I don't think there was any difference in lunch and dinner.  

The only meaningful difference is no lamb chops in the lunch menu.  However, if you like crab meat, order the linguini with crab meat from the luncheon menu--lots of it .  I asked it be prepared with marinara and  it was delicious.

• Like 1

Guest maddycat

We were given a complementary dinner at Jamie's on our last cruise.  After we returned from the cruise we went to dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant.  Jamie's is really poor when compared to our local family owned Italian restaurants.

Thank you all. I've heard good and bad stories about it so thought I might check it out, lunch is cheaper by about $20 so I might give that a go, I could probably go without the lamb chops :classic_rolleyes:  Wonderland I wouldn't mind trying just for the experience but looking at some sample menus, I am a pretty fussy eater so I think I might end up going hungry 😁

btw, Is First Night Done Right not Done anymore? 

18 hours ago, Joelster123 said:

Thank you all. I've heard good and bad stories about it so thought I might check it out, lunch is cheaper by about $20 so I might give that a go, I could probably go without the lamb chops :classic_rolleyes:  Wonderland I wouldn't mind trying just for the experience but looking at some sample menus, I am a pretty fussy eater so I think I might end up going hungry 😁

btw, Is First Night Done Right not Done anymore? 

It's done all right.:classic_sad:  They substituted Chops +1.

Last year we did a B2B on Symphony of the seas.  My husband is a fussy eater as well, he said he didn't think he would like Wonderland and maybe we should skip it.  I assured him that if there was nothing he liked he would not go hungry, we could just head on up to the buffet.  He grumbled about it all until we were seated.  All of a sudden the items that looked like crap in pictures and reviews became things that were interesting and delicious.  Not only did he try everything, he liked everything.  We did not have to make a trip up to the buffet.  He loved the atmosphere, the waiter, the Mad Hatter, just everything about the place.  

We barely got out the door and he asked if I could make a reservation for the next week as well.  We have another B2B on Symphony in October, guess where he has requested reservations.  Don't hold back because you think you will not like the food.....worst case scenario, you hit the buffet after the fact (bet you won't have to).  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sazzifrazz said:

What does the lunch include?  Can you get more than one appitizer?  Is the plank for multiple people?

There's a Jamie's menu in this thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2645142-live-queensonthehighseas-navigator-of-the-seas-315-a-spring-break-extravaganza/?tab=comments#comment-57029169

Food is subjective,  we LOVED Jamie’s when we were on Anthem a few months ago.  The truffle sauce and the carbonara pasta was amazing!  My husband loved the short ribs.  We had the unlimited dining plan so we ate there a few times.  We will be on Oasis in a few months and we hope we like Giovanni’s as much as we liked Jamie’s.

Give it a try for lunch.  

Loralie

If you are looking for an Italian dining experience that you are used to, you will not find it at Jamie's. It is an English version designed to appeal to fancy tastes. Great is the antipasti board called a plabnk served with the meal. The garlic bread is a type of brown and serve roll which is split and garlic butter poured in. The tomato sauce is very thin and nearly tasteless. The pasta was under cooked, hard and just plain bad.The entrees we had were the lamb chops (which were over cooked and hard) and the eggplant parmasan (which was drowned in the poor tomato sauce).We cannot recall the sides. The portions were large.Both Giovanni's and Portofino offered a real Italian dining experience that was enjoyable. On the Symphony were were told a few times that Jamie's was being replaced.

• Like 1