NCL increased room service fee?

Lionkingrichard

Did this change on the first?

Logged into my upcoming cruise and this was showing in the Explore and Plan options!

Room Service

Dine in after a day at the pool. Or treat yourself to a continental breakfast in bed. Choose from an extensive menu with complimentary and a la carte items fea ...

• Room Service Fee of $9.95 USD may apply.

Welcome to January and annual increases. Waiting for them to match or exceed Celebrity's recent DSC increase from $14.50 to $15.50 per person per day.

We haven't done room service for many years.

Edited by blcruising

It says the fee may apply.  Do you think this is just during certain hours?  If I recall last time we were on NCL they charged the fee from like 8pm - 2am or something like that.  Really liked getting breakfast in the room for early port days. 

That is a ridiculous amount to charge for room service.  Charging for room service is just another reason my cruise on the Epic this month will probably (never say never) be my last with NCL.  Room service comes in handy on Alaskan and Panama Canal cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, nicoleinwi said:

It says the fee may apply.  Do you think this is just during certain hours?  If I recall last time we were on NCL they charged the fee from like 8pm - 2am or something like that.  Really liked getting breakfast in the room for early port days. 

usually the cold continental breakfast is free like muffins, danish, etc . if you want something hot like eggs, pancakes then you have to pay the fee

• Like 1

Why doesn’t NCL just do away from room service? That’s what they are attempting to do anyhow with those prices. Sure, there will be a few foolish souls that will pay that for some cold crappy food that will take forever to get to their room. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

OMG, we were in the Haven last month (Bliss) and ordered 2 plates of chicken fingers with fries. Out came 2 hard chicken fingers on each plate with like a dozen potato chips. I asked for fries twice when ordering so didn't feel bad about having the night butler make it right, but we both said had we paid for the sad display, we'd have been TICKED. 

2 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

That is a ridiculous amount to charge for room service.  Charging for room service is just another reason my cruise on the Epic this month will probably (never say never) be my last with NCL.  Room service comes in handy on Alaskan and Panama Canal cruises.

Not sure which cruise line you are going to run to. Most charge for room service.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Why doesn’t NCL just do away from room service? That’s what they are attempting to do anyhow with those prices. Sure, there will be a few foolish souls that will pay that for some cold crappy food that will take forever to get to their room. 

The room service galley is always busy. Ten bucks is in the noise after the cruise fare. 

This is one fee increase I won't bemoan. 

You can't turn a corner without finding a place to eat on these ships, and you also need to tie on the feed bag in your room? Then pay up. Otherwise squeeze yourself into some sweatpants and waddle up to the buffet. 

There should also be a $500 fee for the disgusting pigs who leave their dirty trays and dishes in the hallway. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Not sure which cruise line you are going to run to. Most charge for room service.  

Carnival, Celebrity, Princess, Holland, Oceania, Azamara, Disney, Seabourne, Crystal, Viking, Virgin, Regent, Windstar. 

Only 2 us lines to charge for room service is RCL and NCl and in Europe, MSC, and Costa.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

There should also be a $500 fee for the disgusting pigs who leave their dirty trays and dishes in the hallway.

What do you do with your room service dishes? Call room service/ cabin steward ?

1 minute ago, lizord said:

What do you do with your room service dishes? Call room service/ cabin steward ?

I don't order room service, but if I did, that's exactly what I would do. 

People who leave their refuse in the hallway are trash. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lizord said:

Carnival, Celebrity, Princess, Holland, Oceania, Azamara, Disney, Seabourne, Crystal, Viking, Virgin, Regent, Windstar. 

Only 2 us lines to charge for room service is RCL and NCl and in Europe, MSC, and Costa.

Psst carnival has been charging for a year https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2019/01/02/carnival-cruise-line-room-service-charges-rise-across-fleet/2465007002/

9 minutes ago, lizord said:

No they haven't. Or at least they don't right now.

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/24-hour-room-service

It literally says "charges may apply" on your link. Google has several sources all saying the same as my link. Did you go on a carnival cruise in 2019 having first hand knowledge that multiple sources are wrong?