Wonderful Copenhagen 2023

Does anyone have a suggestion for a regional airline we should use for our trip from Brussels to Copenhagen? We're going to be in Amsterdam and Brussels for a week or so before going to Copenhagen for our cruise. We're not sure if there is one better than another or if we should just go with the cheapest one. LOL

5 hours ago, Radbooks said:

Does anyone have a suggestion for a regional airline we should use for our trip from Brussels to Copenhagen?

Only two Airlines operating BRU-CPH (non-stop flights).

Brussels Airways and SAS - They are very similar and both part of StarAlliance. Just pick what suit you best.
Just note luggage allowance when you book your ticket.

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Radbooks said:

Does anyone have a suggestion for a regional airline we should use for our trip from Brussels to Copenhagen? We're going to be in Amsterdam and Brussels for a week or so before going to Copenhagen for our cruise. We're not sure if there is one better than another or if we should just go with the cheapest one. LOL

10 hours ago, hallasm said:

Only two Airlines operating BRU-CPH (non-stop flights).

Brussels Airways and SAS - They are very similar and both part of StarAlliance. Just pick what suit you best.
Just note luggage allowance when you book your ticket.

Technically, there's also Ryanair from Brussels "South" Charleroi Airport (~30mi south of Brussels). Be aware though, Ryanair is Europe's largest ultra-lowcost carrier, with all the pros and cons that follow with this; they may be (a lot) cheaper than Brussels Air/SAS, but everything other than the ticket itself are add-ons, including seat choice, luggage, fast-track etc. Just like eg. Spirit, these add-ons can be bought in bundles.

Do a comparison between the three (schedule, price and perks) and make your choice from what suits you best.

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 1

We're planning on being in Copenhagen for 5 nights and so will have 4 full days to do touristy things. Is the Copenhagen Card a good deal? It appears to be, but just not sure. We may also do a HOHO bus but may just use the trains and mass transit options.

I know you can do boat tours in Nyhaven and wondered if any particular company was better than others.

Thanks so much!

14 hours ago, Radbooks said:

Is the Copenhagen Card a good deal?

Whether Copenhagen Card is a good deal depends entirely on how much you use it - they have a calculator on their website - then you can choose the attractions you want to visit and calculate the savings - you must then compare it with the price of the card.

The public transport system in Copenhagen is efficient - trains, S-trains, buses and metro - there are also public ports buses (boats).

14 hours ago, Radbooks said:

I know you can do boat tours in Nyhaven and wondered if any particular company was better than others.

There are two canal cruises.  Stromma with departure from ‘Ved Stranden’ and Netto-Bådene starting from ‘Holmens Kirke’ - Stromma has a discount with Copenhagen Card while Netto-Bådene is cheaper.  They both have the same route and good guides.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2021 at 12:49 PM, Danish viking said:

Is the cruise business Up and running again.

I wonder if it was worth my time doing a 2022 thread.

Hi, Danish Viking! I'm so happy to 'hear' from you. Over the past 2 years, I've looked on occasion to see if you've been posting and hadn't seen much. You were such an incredible wealth of information during a couple of visits to wonderful Copenhagen in the past and we always enjoyed reading your comments and answers to questions. Anyway, just wanted to say we hope you're well and we appreciate your work on Cruise Critic. A huge thank you from us, and it makes up happy to know you're still active. Very best wishes to you and yours. We hope to get over to Copenhagen again one of these days.

• Like 4

If you are in Copenhagen in the summer of 2022 and interested in the Danish Royal Families, there are two special exhibition that may be of interest to you.

H.R.H. Crown Princess Mary 1972 – 2022

From April 2 to August 31, 2022 at Frederiksborg Castle

A special exhibition on the occasion of The Crown Princess’s 50th birthday.

The Museum of National History at Frederiksborg Castle in Hillerød. The Castle is definitely worth a visit.

Take the S-train line A from Copenhagen to Hillerød (approximately 40 minutes from Copenhagen). From Hillerød Station you can walk to the castle. 

A Queen’s Jewellery Box

From January 14 to October 23, 2022 at Amalienborg Museum

The Royal Danish Collection celebrates the 50th anniversary of Her Majesty the Queen’s ascension to the throne with the special exhibition ‘A QUEEN’S JEWELLERY BOX – 50 years on the throne told through jewellery’. The exhibition is held at the Amalienborg Museum in Christian VIII’s Royal Palace at Amalienborg 

Watch also the guard change at the Royal Palace every day at noon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 2/4/2022 at 9:31 AM, hallasm said:

If you are in Copenhagen in the summer of 2022 and interested in the Danish Royal Families, there are two special exhibition that may be of interest to you.

H.R.H. Crown Princess Mary 1972 – 2022

From April 2 to August 31, 2022 at Frederiksborg Castle

A special exhibition on the occasion of The Crown Princess’s 50th birthday.

The Museum of National History at Frederiksborg Castle in Hillerød. The Castle is definitely worth a visit.

Take the S-train line A from Copenhagen to Hillerød (approximately 40 minutes from Copenhagen). From Hillerød Station you can walk to the castle. 

A Queen’s Jewellery Box

From January 14 to October 23, 2022 at Amalienborg Museum

The Royal Danish Collection celebrates the 50th anniversary of Her Majesty the Queen’s ascension to the throne with the special exhibition ‘A QUEEN’S JEWELLERY BOX – 50 years on the throne told through jewellery’. The exhibition is held at the Amalienborg Museum in Christian VIII’s Royal Palace at Amalienborg 

Watch also the guard change at the Royal Palace every day at noon.

Thanks for this. I am sure my wife would love the Queen’s Jewelry and I would love to see Castle. Any idea on rough cost on Train ride return?

Edited by knuyens

4 minutes ago, hallasm said:

As I can see it’s available- you can order online at their web

Watch the currency options. When I click on the link the currency comes up as Euros. When I did some arithmetic in summer 2019 when I travelled, the Danish krone amount was a better buy than the euro price (or the British pounds or US dollars). You can change the currency in the box that says how many cards you want.

However, I had no issue picking up the card at the airport as I arrived, and I immediately used it for the metro to my hotel. I see no reason to order it in advance.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

the Danish krone amount was a better buy than the euro price

I have not checked British pounds or US dollars exchange but the current exchange rate from EUR to DKK is 7.44 - this is exact the exchange rate used at their site today. So best currency does depend on payment card.

If you want shipment there is an additional shipping cost at DKK 60 (EUR 😎 best option is either the app or pick-up a physical card at the airport.

Edited by hallasm

If the cruise is a 'go' and I arrive in Copenhagen 3 days pre-cruise, can I use zoom to get a proctored covid test? I will be tested here but will board more than 48 hours after tested.  I can bring the rapid antigen test with me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

can I use zoom to get a proctored covid test?

I think this is a ‘cruise line’ related question rather than a ‘Copenhagen’ related question  - two questions: will there be a Covid test requirement for entering Denmark (probably not) and will the cruise line require a test ( I don’t know).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hallasm said:

I think this is a ‘cruise line’ related question rather than a ‘Copenhagen’ related question  - two questions: will there be a Covid test requirement for entering Denmark (probably not) and will the cruise line require a test ( I don’t know).

If the cruise line requires a negative test, are there low cost antigen test options near Hotel Kong Frederik in Copenhagen? It's free here but I'm not a Danish national so I would anticipate a fee there

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

If the cruise line requires a negative test, are there low cost antigen test options near Hotel Kong Frederik in Copenhagen?

The situation is changing right now - Denmark did hav a very aggressive test strategy where almost 10% of the population were tested each day - the test capacity is currently being dramatically reduced - primarily antigen/rapid tests. If test is required for your cruise it will be available- where is far too early to say - ask again two weeks prior to your cruise. I’m sure test will be available if required by then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, milolii said:

is the train a good option for traveling to Stockholm from Copenhagen?

Swedish Rail (SJ) has a direct train from Copenhagen Central Station (København H) to Stockholm Central. Price for train is similar to price for flight - appropriate $100. 
Train is 5h30min and flight 1 hour. While train is city to city you must add additional time to/from airport - total 2h30m - and additional cost for taxi/train - likely $50.

Train might be a good option - take appropriate two hours more and a bit lower price. And probably more relaxed. 

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 7:33 PM, hallasm said:

Here you have my vote.

Tivoli Garden for sure. Also the canal boat  tours and the guard change at the royal Palace. The Shopping Mile ‘Strøget’ with the Departement stores and Royal Copenhagen Shop.

You can also visit Rundetårn (The Round Tower),  Nyhavn (New Habor) and Rosenberg Castle. Walk along the  harbor through Kastellet to the a Little Mermaid.

Everything in walking distance from a central Copenhagen Hotel.

The I’ll suggest a visit to the Freetown of Christiana - take metro from Kongens Nytorv to Christianshavn.

Hello,

we arrive June 25, 2022 to cruise on the 28th, party of six.  Can you suggest some reliable private van transfer services to get us from the airport/ hotel/ cruise port/ airport?  I see Viator has this but wonder how their rates compare with others.

4 hours ago, mirkymirk said:

Can you suggest some reliable private van transfer services to get us from the airport/ hotel/ cruise port/

There are several companies that offer ‘Meet & Greet’ - but at high prices
 Personally, I would use a reliable local taxi company - you can pre-order Per email or use their App.  A taxi for 6 is marginally more expensive than a standard taxi - but it must be pre-booked.
More options but this company did have English web.
https://taxa.dk/en/book/minibus/