Exciting announcement

Pirateguy

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

I thought it was a Silversea ship but didn't know which one.  They seemed to go to great lengths to hide everything about the ship name and line. It is very strange that they didn't want the publicity.  I wonder if there was some sort of disagreement between the line and the production company. 

It was the Silver Shadow, but before her recent refit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

I'd love to go on Silversea Andy - maybe if I get a big payout from Ernie one day 😁.  I have been lucky enough to have dinner and drinks on one that was berthed beside Tower Bridge in London a few years ago.

I am a very recent convert to Silversea; 2 weeks on the Whisper last month. Time and my next 5 cruises will tell if SS has completely spoiled me for P and O, but I suspect it has. I have booked another Silversea for late 2021. After that it's a decision: 2 or 3 times a year with P and O or once with Silversea. With the advent of larger and larger P and O ships I think I know what the answer is. I would also say that Silversea is keen to recruit P and O customers who feel they have gone too downmarket lately.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Clodia said:

I am a very recent convert to Silversea; 2 weeks on the Whisper last month. Time and my next 5 cruises will tell if SS has completely spoiled me for P and O, but I suspect it has. I have booked another Silversea for late 2021. After that it's a decision: 2 or 3 times a year with P and O or once with Silversea. With the advent of larger and larger P and O ships I think I know what the answer is. I would also say that Silversea is keen to recruit P and O customers who feel they have gone too downmarket lately.

I will stick to 3 P&O per year for now, but that could always change in time. 

Andy 

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

If they are that keen to recruit P&O customers maybe they'd like to sell me one half price with no single supplement 😉😁

I'm off on my first Silversea cruise next month.  Sailing solo and paying full price, but only(!) 25% single supplement.  Having said that, the price for 9 days is about half of what I paid for my P&O world cruise in 2013.  Mind you, it is the Gapapagos (top of my bucket list) and I'm flying business.  Mind you, I'm still looking forward to Iona in September 😋

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, besberry said:

I'm off on my first Silversea cruise next month.  Sailing solo and paying full price, but only(!) 25% single supplement.  Having said that, the price for 9 days is about half of what I paid for my P&O world cruise in 2013.  Mind you, it is the Gapapagos (top of my bucket list) and I'm flying business.  Mind you, I'm still looking forward to Iona in September 😋

Sounds fantastic. 

Have a great time. 

Andy 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, besberry said:

Yes, they do quite a lot of low single supplement deals - but I guess they can afford to with the base price.  Have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Britboys said:

If you win big on the Lottery Andy, maybe you can charter it for us 😁

6 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Of course you are Pete... 

Andy 

And don't forget me ---- I think I am nice (both Us Prestos are ;-) ) and I mentioned it all first …………..:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_smile:

20 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

And don't forget me ---- I think I am nice (both Us Prestos are 😉 ) and I mentioned it all first …………..:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_smile:

I thought you had your own private club of pot heads or something....😊

Of course you are welcome, you are nice people... 

Andy 

On 1/10/2020 at 9:42 PM, jeanlyon said:

That cretin was in First Class when I was cabin crew.  In 11 hours, he didn't acknowledge or even look at us when we asked him what he wanted to drink or eat.  His Manager answered for him. 

Nowadays his manager HAS to answer for him because Barry can't move his face and lips due to the amount of plastic and Botox!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

So, the second 'teaser' ad has gone out.  As I thought, it does of course relate to Iona, so won't affect me.  It looks like it will be a collaboration in a similar way to the one Saga has with Jools Holland.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Britboys said:

So, the second 'teaser' ad has gone out.  As I thought, it does of course relate to Iona, so won't affect me.  It looks like it will be a collaboration in a similar way to the one Saga has with Jools Holland.

What was the name of the pianist who was on Celebrity and then was poached by Princess? Maybe he'll now be scrambled by P&O!!!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

What was the name of the pianist who was on Celebrity and then was poached by Princess? Maybe he'll now be scrambled by P&O!!!

I know the one you mean but can't recall his name.  Think they will be looking for someone a bit more 'trendy' or contemporary for Iona though.

22 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yep, all the nice people can come... 

Might even book Ms Mcdonald to entertain us... 

Andy

Dear Andy

Please may I pre-register my interest in your lottery jackpot winning celebration cruise. 
I would love to bring my wife and son as well but not if it is in term time.

Thank you and the kindest of regards

Damian

😀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Dear Andy

Please may I pre-register my interest in your lottery jackpot winning celebration cruise. 
I would love to bring my wife and son as well but not if it is in term time.

Thank you and the kindest of regards

Damian

😀

Of course Damian, you are at the top of my 'nice people' list. 

Just off to buy the winning ticket... 😊

Andy 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Of course Damian, you are at the top of my 'nice people' list. 

Just off to buy the winning ticket... 😊

Andy 

Thanks, I’m flattered! 😊

Good luck with that ticket, if it comes off & we all get onboard I’ll volunteer to do the blog.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2020 at 10:26 PM, bungle66 said:

I've heard on the QT it's gonna be Sooty and Sweep in concert. I'm soooo excited I've almost wet myself!!!

Maybe P&O are bringing Noddy and Mr Bump back. 

We did a med cruise about 11 years ago, big promotion to encourage families with pre-schoolers.  Resulted in chaos at times when Noddy appeared in the buffet and the toddlers all screaming towards Noddy weaving around older passengers with mobility aids. 😂   

Happy memories but was so badly planned 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Jamie Cullum... 

The chef from Essex...? 

Andy 

Now I do know the chef from Essex ……….. I will have to google this other one. Perhaps its my age or something !

I remember Barrie (before he worked for Tussauds ..)

OK, just had a quick listen - not my thing at all. Too jazzy and I hate jazz.

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Now I do know the chef from Essex ……….. I will have to google this other one. Perhaps its my age or something !

I remember Barrie (before he worked for Tussauds ..)

OK, just had a quick listen - not my thing at all. Too jazzy and I hate jazz.

I thought I didn't like Jazz until we started cruising.. 

Nothing better than sitting in Metropolis listening to a jazz band play smoke on the water on trumpets... 

Andy