Exciting announcement

Pirateguy

My guess is that they will announce a well-known (?) singer-cum-pianist to 'christen' Iona...

Or it could be even less exciting and be an announcement of an artiste to appear at Ionafest...

My breath is not bated 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

My guess is that they will announce a well-known (?) singer-cum-pianist to 'christen' Iona...

Or it could be even less exciting and be an announcement of an artiste to appear at Ionafest...

My breath is not bated 😁

No doubt it will be the Ionafest headliner. I think at this stage people will just take that and get on with their lives.

If the rumours re Meghan Sussex being the Godmother were true, I wonder if this weeks news has cast doubt on that.

3 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

If the rumours re Meghan Sussex being the Godmother were true, I wonder if this weeks news has cast doubt on that.

Only if Iona is going to spend half the year in Canada, with no photographers on board!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, janny444 said:

And the exciting announcement is...............??????.....anyone's guess

I hope it is something to get excited about for the maiden cruise because it would show confidence that the maiden will go ahead as scheduled and not be cancelled because she isn’t finished. 

As the Sussex royals are not financially independent and cannot afford there royal yacht. P&O have generously made available a suite on Iona for there exclusive use and as they are financially strapped for cash they will gladly except any bottles of Moet from fellow passengers.  There is also no truth in the rumor that the ship will be renamed princess Meghan. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

My breath is not bated 😁

A "singer-cum-pianist" like Sir Elton - now that would live up to the hype! Unlikely though so I'll have a guess at Jamie Cullum.

3 hours ago, Mostonian said:

They have fixed the Cruise Personaliser!!! Better still they have reverted back to the old one.  He He.

OMG I wish! Their IT staff should all be sacked. I cannot believe how bad their systems are. Having just experienced my first cruise for a few years with another line, where I had at a glance booking on ONE screen for everything, it seems even worse.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Britboys said:

My breath is not bated 😁

OMG,not Barry Manilow.On second thoughts,he'd be a legal reason for a full refund.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

A "singer-cum-pianist" like Sir Elton - now that would live up to the hype! Unlikely though so I'll have a guess at Jamie Cullum.

Someone's been reading my mind! I'd settle for Sir Elton but not fussed about Jamie Cullum (he can't sing) 🤩

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

That would be quite possible - especially after Saga Cruises have teamed up with Jules Holland.  Not sure Jamie Cullum is really Iona mind you.

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

OMG,not Barry Manilow.On second thoughts,he'd be a legal reason for a full refund.

That cretin was in First Class when I was cabin crew.  In 11 hours, he didn't acknowledge or even look at us when we asked him what he wanted to drink or eat.  His Manager answered for him. 

• Like 2

I may sound stupid but Gary Barlow plays and sings …………. but so does Andrea Bocelli …………

Ha ha

We can't even open our e-mail or any links so have no idea what is happening at the momet