Getting ready time

Bcab999

I dont know anyone that would go to a wetherspoons through choice.

My only alcohol of choices are real ale  and guinness.. You will find that very difficult to get on your balcony.

Never liked wine. Ever. And I dont particularly like beer in bottles.

Doesn't seem that enjoyable to me sitting there with a drink you dont enjoy.

And on my last cruise my favourite place to drink was the sunset bar looking out to sea but with a decent drink.

12 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

I dont know anyone that would go to a wetherspoons through choice.

My only alcohol of choices are real ale  and guinness.. You will find that very difficult to get on your balcony.

Never liked wine. Ever. And I dont particularly like beer in bottles.

Doesn't seem that enjoyable to me sitting there with a drink you dont enjoy.

And on my last cruise my favourite place to drink was the sunset bar looking out to sea but with a decent drink.

Didn't have you down for a snob, Darren. Nothing wrong with Wetherspoons,  and they do a pretty good job of encouraging micro breweries.

Not that DW and I argue about this, but DW often gets into the mode of: does this look good, does this look better, which one is best!  Not that you do not want to look good, but you are on a cruise to relax.  In all likelihood, you are never going to see these people again, and they really don't know who you are and won't go home and talk about you.  Dress up appropriately, but don't lose the forest for the trees.  If DW was watching what I wrote, I probably wouldn't be allowed to say any of this. 🙂

Fortunately for me, I am a guy.  I can shower and dress is about 15 minutes or less.

20 hours ago, Bcab999 said:

My wife and I are having a debate and I’d like to see what others experience is/what they do. 

When we vacation we usually are at the pool in the morning and afternoon (or any other day time activity - really doesn’t matter). However when we get back it sometimes takes us upwards of two hours to get ready and leave for dinner. I think two hours is an insane amount of time to get ready. 

My question to you fellow cruisers is how long does it take you to get ready and back out for pre-dinner/dinner activities once you’ve gotten back to the room?  Let the debate begin. 

Both of us  can be ready in less than 30 minutes if we need to.

• Like 1

And then there are those of us who sail on our own....I always sail solo.....takes me from start to finish? Probably

30-40 minutes but then again, if I had to rush, I could get ready in 20 but if I want to really be leisurely, I can take

60. And I don't lay out at the pool all day on my sailings. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bbwex said:

DW often gets into the mode of: does this look good, does this look better, which one is best! 

I'm a senior woman and am sure I've never asked anything like that in my life.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ducklite said:

We don't usually vacation someplace that involves laying by a pool all day.  If we do it's maybe 50 minutes showered, hair dried, makeup on and out the door for dinner--same as at home.

Neither do we. We cruise a lot.

Depends on whether or not it’s a “formal” night. 

If it is then 45-60 minutes. If it’s not then 20-30. 

DH 15 minutes. 

And a glass of wine on the balcony before dinner is one of the joys of cruising. 

Even if I am letting my hair dry at the same time😁

1 hour ago, Chocolatemom2 said:

Depends on whether or not it’s a “formal” night. 

If it is then 45-60 minutes. If it’s not then 20-30. 

DH 15 minutes. 

And a glass of wine on the balcony before dinner is one of the joys of cruising. 

Even if I am letting my hair dry at the same time😁

I have not had a sip of wine since 2003.I envy you