MR happy cruiser

greyhound1950

16 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

There was a link on a thread recently to a P&O Q&A answer which showed the number of formal and casual nights on all cruises for at least the next 6 months, but I cannot find it on here, or the P&O site either.

However it did show that Azura, Britannia and Arcadia were keeping 4 formal nts on a 14nt cruise, whilst Aurora and Ventura were dropping down to 3.  Recent posts on here suggest Oceana might have 3 or 4, and of course Iona will only have 1 on each 7 nt cruise.

These changes would seem to indicate that P&O are willing to make changes if their customers want it, I imagine P&O will be keenly interested in how these changes are perceived by their customers.

It’s here...

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/dress_code_all.html

10 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Because cruising isn't just about formal nights! If that's what people want then they should sail Cunard. We sail for itinerary and our upcoming Britannia TA is all about that, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, Antigua, Azores and Southampton. 

We enjoy formal nights too, but personally think the number should be reduced on a 7 night sailing to 2.

BTW we have 5 formals on a 14 night sailing, and hopefully the Captain's Welcome Reception and the Black & White are included in the number because the email does state 9 casual nights. No way I'll be doing 7! Beach Hut here we come!

IMHO 5 is too many in 14 nights especaially as according to the personaliser we have 2 on consecutive nights.

I like 2 in 7, but 3 in 14 is enough. 

Have a great time, 

Andy 

12 minutes ago, Britboys said:

To me, there does not seem to be any logic in having 4 in 14 on Arcadia and 3 in 14 on Aurora.  Strikes me that is a way of gauging the reaction from those on board.  It is all set to cause further confusion for those booking and so I hope the e-mails will be a permanent thing and not just short-term whilst they implement the changes.

We have had the email for our April cruise already, so hopefully it is a pretty standard thing now. 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I like 2 in 7, but 3 in 14 is enough. 

Have a great time, 

Andy 

We are not anti formal nights but would be quite happy with 1 per week or maybe  try the 'dress to impress' approach once a week.

12 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

This post does not make any sense, 4 black tie nights on a 7 day cruise?? I don't think so.

first of all my apologies to those offended by my facts regarding Black tie nights which the evidence people ask for would have been in the cabins Itinerary.I do not have a problem with black tie nights only when guests that wish to wear smart casual are barred from certain bar areas.1 do not dispute guests information on previous cruises so take issue when my facts are disputed.

yours respectfully

MR happy Cruiser

51 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

We are not anti formal nights but would be quite happy with 1 per week or maybe  try the 'dress to impress' approach once a week.

If the 'results' of "Dress to Impress" are anything like that when I was on Marella Discovery 2 two years ago, then it is not worth bothering with.  I was totally unimpressed...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Les_ldh said:

If this is unchanged then it would appear my memory is slipping further. There are now only 2 Ventura cruises with reduced formals and only one on Aurora.  Clearly P&O are not reducing formal nights except on Iona.

28 minutes ago, Britboys said:

If the 'results' of "Dress to Impress" are anything like that when I was on Marella Discovery 2 two years ago, then it is not worth bothering with.  I was totally unimpressed...

I was in on it in Sept 19 and it was dreadful, now that was like a Butlins cruise 😝😝 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bee-ess said:

Tried this on Celebrity and it doesn't work really. Didn't any different to any other night.

• Like 1

This has been interesting reading re the number of formal night.

We could live with 3 nights out of 14 but not sure how that would work on a fly / cruise where people are getting on and off every week. (If you get my drift). Am guessing that they are sticking to 2 out of 7 for those.

Have to admit about 3 years ago we went on Ventura on a 17 night cruise. I am pretty sure that in the first 5 nights they had 2 formal nights. (It may even have been night 4) Another 3 were planned afterwards. We gave the 2nd one a miss and went to the buffet (something we've never done before). It was just 'over kill' and seemed pretty pointless.

Another one we found odd was having the Captain's Welcome Party was about day 3 or 4. That was odd as well. Can't remember when that was though - but it was strange

I hope that P&O try to retain some unique features (too many have gone already) as we don't want all of our cruise options to be the same. Cruisers are not clones and it is nice to have a choice. What suits one won't suit another (square pegs and round holes comes to mind). I just wish that the cruise line owners would remember that and not turn all of their ships in to one 'shape'

• Like 3

14 hours ago, wowzz said:

Rubbish - on a 7  night cruise there will be a max of 2 formal nights. Your knowledge is, how can I put this nicely, complete cow manure! 

sorry to disagree,over a 14 nights cruise over a 7night period on P&0 there were 4 black tie nights this was on the cabin literary. with respect unless you where on the same cruise you could not dispute these facts as i say would not dare dispute your information on 2 formal nights on 7 night period no bull ----

yours respectfully  Happy Crusier

2 hours ago, greyhound1950 said:

first of all my apologies to those offended by my facts regarding Black tie nights which the evidence people ask for would have been in the cabins Itinerary.I do not have a problem with black tie nights only when guests that wish to wear smart casual are barred from certain bar areas.1 do not dispute guests information on previous cruises so take issue when my facts are disputed.

yours respectfully

MR happy Cruiser

Perhaps if you worded your posts a little better and made it clear that you were referring to a 14 night cruise and not a 7 night cruise then people on here including myself would not have got the wrong end of the stick.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

forgive me, I don't really mind how many they have, but what is "unrelaxing" about putting on your best gear for the evening.  I find it enjoyable, not stressful?

We’re all different, aren’t we.  Maybe some people find it more relaxing to make their own choices, and might prefer a grey suit to a dark one.

28 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

We’re all different, aren’t we.  Maybe some people find it more relaxing to make their own choices, and might prefer a grey suit to a dark one.

I relax in my speedos, should I wear them to the mdr then😊

Andy 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

It seeems very strange that Aurora which is always more formal should drop to 3 nights in 14. I'm on Arcadia in April, Azura in June and Aurora in October. I shall be taking, and wearing, 4 formal dresses whatever the dress code says!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, greyhound1950 said:

sorry to disagree,over a 14 nights cruise over a 7night period on P&0 there were 4 black tie nights this was on the cabin literary. with respect unless you where on the same cruise you could not dispute these facts as i say would not dare dispute your information on 2 formal nights on 7 night period no bull ----

yours respectfully  Happy Crusier

As has been said, your original post was unclear, and confused everybody.  I'm not disputing that you had 4 formal nights in 7 days, but you implied that you had 4 formal nights on a 7 day cruise. 

I think my husband looksk fantastic in his whit dinner jacket and bow tie.   Long may it last, although sometimes on our 19 nighters I could do with one less.

Re the Captain's party, why on earth they have to have it at 8.15 I can't imagine.  We are usually in the bar by 7.15 and reay to eat by 8.  Another reason why we swapped to Freedom.  Dinner at 8.30 was late enough, but 8.45 is just crazy.  Can't say I miss the Capt's party

6 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I got an email yesterday. 

3 formal 

11 casual

but then it says 60s, tropical, captains reception and black and white which is 4? 

They do like to confuse me. Will the tropical or 60s be casual do you think?

I stand to be corrected, but I believe that the tropical is usually smart casual.