Celebrity silhouette question

jascom

We are going on March 15  southern Caribbean cruise.

first time on silhouette and have few questions to all people who are regulars on cruise ship

is there any quiet spot for easy listening music and night cap

do they have quiet pool and hot tub area

how hot  are hot tubs

how does select dining work do you just show up after 7:30 and wait for table or you have to prebook

do they have walking trail for daily walk

thank you

• Like 1

We have been on Silhouette previously and you will love her. We are also on this sailing. They do have a walking track on this ship. This ship before the refurb it’s currently undergoing there’s a library area that was a great space for reading. As far as the dining we have always made a set dining time for our group long before boarding. Another option is when you board the ship go directly to the main dining room and speak with them about setting up a particular dining time you would like. I have not just gone and waited for a seating mostly because we travel with large groups of friends. Good Luck. Getting excited just around the corner. The solarium pool is a nice quiet pool and there’s jacuzzi in that area.

Edited by NanPop135
  • Like 1

Quiet pool area would be in the solarium which is enclosed and air conditioned. It is for adults only.  There will be various types of live music in various venues every night. As for quiet, the Sky Lounge is usually quiet evenings from 7-9 PM. It is a lovely place for a drink. 

Thank you all for replying with great info.can You help more please.

how hot they keep jacuzzis in solarium?
do they let you adjust temperatures 

how good is buffet compared to main dining room

we found in some cruises buffet is better for choices and food

how crowded is sky lounge at night and music is it piped in music or live

any suggestion on innovative nice alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks and coffees

as more questions come to mind can we please ask more questions

we both want you to know you are being very helpful 

For a nightcap and music, check out the Ensemble Lounge. In the evenings they usually have a soloist or small group performing. It's darker, low key, comfortable seating nooks. Cellar Masters is nice and usually quiet. You can still hear what's happening in the grand foyer, but it's lower key. I hear this is changing from a wine bar to a craft beer venue at after the "revolution", so I don't know what the future may hold for this venue. 

For innovative drinks, try the World Class Bar. Quieter than the Martini Bar and true mixologists. 

I usually eat in the MDR, but I tried the buffet for dinner on my last cruise on Edge, and it was wonderful. Quiet, great selection, some items cooked to order, attentive servers for drinks, everything from charcuterie to grilled whole fish. I was amazed! It was a very relaxing evening without the intensity of the MDR.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise. The Silhouette is a great ship.

3 hours ago, jascom said:

any suggestion on innovative nice alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks and coffees

You cannot adjust hot tub

3 hours ago, jascom said:

The buffet is much quieter than the MDR and you can order certain dishes like steaks, fish, etc.  There will also be theme nights there which vary from cruise.  German, British, Italian, Greek, etc.

The hot tubs are not too hot but still comfortable.  

I second the Ensemble Lounge for live music and a great place for a drink.  The Sky Lounge is quiet and a nice place for a drink but usually no live music between 7 and 9.  Not crowded until a band arrives later.

As others have said, the Ensemble lounge is wonderful for late night and nightcap.  We ended up there most nights on our 2018 cruise to the ABC Islands.  This cruise featured a couple different duo's...A young couple that sang (he also accompanied on acoustic guitar), and a couple young ladies that played a violin and cello (they did use sound track accompaniment).  The only thing is that you can get a lot of foot traffic from people heading to/from the specialty dining (Murano, Tuscan Grill, Blu, etc.).  But, we just ignored their noise.  Nice variety of seating areas and sofas, and the bar servers were very attentive.

Amazing response from all you celebrity cruisers.we are overjoyed and grateful.

we are definitely going every night to  Ensemble lounge for nightcap and quiet music.sounds like an amazing place..

we have couple of more questions if you all nice people don’t mind.

how good is gym and walking track?

Dear wife was asking if they have high tea in afternoon and line dancing?

what is the best specialty coffee and biscotti in Al bacillus?

thank you all for making our cruise exciting.

13 hours ago, jascom said:

Amazing response from all you celebrity cruisers.we are overjoyed and grateful.

we are definitely going every night to  Ensemble lounge for nightcap and quiet music.sounds like an amazing place..

we have couple of more questions if you all nice people don’t mind.

how good is gym and walking track?

Dear wife was asking if they have high tea in afternoon and line dancing?

what is the best specialty coffee and biscotti in Al bacillus?

thank you all for making our cruise exciting.

The gym is excellent, plenty of treadmills, elliptical machines and other exercise equipment.  It's also in a great location at the front of the ship with great views.  The track is on the top deck and is nice for walking and running early in the morning.  After about 8:00 am traffic and people pulling loungers out onto the track makes it difficult to run.  You probably have until about 9:00 to get a decent walk.  Things may be a little better on port days.

Café Al Bacio has an extensive coffee and tea menu.  I tend to stick with cappuccino but have tried other beverages.  In addition to biscotti they have cookies, pastries, cakes, tarts, etc. If you have a beverage package the coffee is included, with the premium package you can get alcohol  coffee drinks.  The goodies are free, you don't need a beverage package to enjoy them.

They have tea in the buffet around 3:00 but I don't know if you would classify it as high tea. They might have tea on one sea day in one of the restaurants for a fee.

I've seen line dancing on some cruises but not sure if they all have it.  It will be listed in the daily that will be placed on your bed the night before. 

• Like 1

It is not necessarily line dancing, but on most Caribbean cruises on sea days there will be a zumba type class on the pool deck around noon.  Sometimes as early as eleven and as late as 12:30 or 1:00.  Look at your Celebrity Today each night before a sea day, and look for the time and place.  It is a fun activity hosted by the activities manager, and sometimes the CD.      

How does unlimited internet work?

we both have phone and iPad can we get them all connected to internet and how?

once you get on board do you go see someone or how?

more questions arise

Do they have sail away party?

thank you all for providing so much info and helping us look forward to exciting cruise

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 9:05 AM, jascom said:

We are going on March 15  southern Caribbean cruise.

first time on silhouette and have few questions to all people who are regulars on cruise ship

is there any quiet spot for easy listening music and night cap

do they have quiet pool and hot tub area

how hot  are hot tubs

how does select dining work do you just show up after 7:30 and wait for table or you have to prebook

do they have walking trail for daily walk

thank you

We've never used the hot tub; but, we did notice one problem and hoping that the staff corrects it on your cruise; kids in the adults hot tubs.

8 hours ago, jascom said:

How difficult it is to get on select dining? We are waitlisted

You might not clear the waitlist before boarding. If so you should go to the MDR as soon as possible after boarding & ask the Matre D if you can be switched to select. It may not happen the first night but Celebrity want you to be happy so will switch you if at all possible.

9 hours ago, jascom said:

How difficult it is to get on select dining? We are waitlisted

I booked my Edge cruise in early October and discovered I had cleared the waitlist in late November or early December. I will note that I am solo - not sure if that makes a difference as it seems mostly couples who cruise and we would be at the same size table - and I discovered it by checking Manage My Reservation, no email telling me I had cleared.

• 2 weeks later...