Toilet seats on Princess

Fisherwoman

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

On one occasion I went into the 'Ladies' before going into the show. I didn't realise that the previous person had pushed the button for the bidet function. The spray of water apparently stopped when the person stood, thereby removing their weight from the seat. When I sat down, I got a h..l of a shock when a spray of water hit my 'under-carriage'. I got off that toilet seat very quickly. 😁

I've never had that happen, my one shuts down if you stand up.

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Yes it did. That was the problem The previous person must activated the wash cycle, maybe got a shock, then stood up and left the cubicle. When I sat down, the wash started again. Eek.

I meant mine shuts down and stays shut down until I press the required wash function again.

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They are warm all the time, and the wash water is also warm. I haven't ever seen one with a light, other than various LEDs denoting it is on etc, but it wouldn't surprise me. Some even play music to mask any natural sounds. The dry function is a waste of time, unless you want to sit there for ages.

Maybe something else lit up in that bathroom as a night light.

Edited by Coral

For those complaining!

From my collection of toilets that I discovered in my travels .

Russia

I passed on using this one

38939705094_44c56cd7dd_k.jpgIMG_0489

Moscow

I passed on using this one also.

38751974695_8af380da81_k.jpgIMG_0309

I did pee in this one as I had to go real bad. There was something to aim for.

38939715064_0352a60d8a_k.jpgIMG_0270

For all those complaining just remember it could get much worse depending on where in the world you are.

Howard

Years ago in the port at Nagasaki I pressed the buttons in the toilet, instructions all in Japanese of course.  I had warm air, shooting jets of water, music, everything you can imagine.  I laughed so hard I had to spend longer in there, lol

26 minutes ago, Gwendy said:

Years ago in the port at Nagasaki I pressed the buttons in the toilet, instructions all in Japanese of course.  I had warm air, shooting jets of water, music, everything you can imagine.  I laughed so hard I had to spend longer in there, lol

No Video, No photos 😞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Globehoppers said:

What a great place to incubate all kinds of viruses and germs!

Am I the only one that observes people using public restrooms and walking out without washing their hands?

On our last Princess Cruise there was a crew person stopping everyone attempting to enter the Horizon Court forcing them to wash their hands and then use hand sanitizer before being allowed to enter.

All public restrooms should have an alarm device that sounds whenever someone leaves without washing their hands in my opinion.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, hm9912 said:

Am I the only one that observes people using public restrooms and walking out without washing their hands?

On our last Princess Cruise there was a crew person stopping everyone attempting to enter the Horizon Court forcing them to wash their hands and then use hand sanitizer before being allowed to enter.

All public restrooms should have an alarm device that sounds whenever someone leaves without washing their hands in my opinion.

That I see everywhere. Disgusting. Also on the Celebrity and Royal they tell you to wash before entering the buffet. So many ships now have wash sinks in many locations. Including the hand sanitizer. Not Carnival.

We have also used the bidet seats at home for a few years. There are a couple different brands available in the US, Toto makes ones that fit their toilets. We favor the Totos as they are better designed than other brands. In a cold place like Maine it is nice to have a warm seat to sit on in the winter. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gwendy said:

There should be an additional label that states;

Men , "Please do not press the "ATR" button.

21 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Very self explanatory controller.....one of those buttons is the ejection seat.....another plays the star spangled banner so you have to get up......and a couple are for when you go as a couple.

Do any of the buttons provide for a happy ending?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

I cannot believe all the posts about toilet seats. What's next to talk about?

Art and sculpture in the Restaurant Men's room.

Vienna Austria

39691799041_3a84178abe_h.jpgIMG_6505

Most of the women on this tour had to go in and see for themselves after they heard the men discussing the art of the pee

On 2/9/2020 at 2:32 PM, Fisherwoman said:

I've been following David Abel on Diamond Princess and his latest post was excellent.  His positive attitude is commendable.  He talked about a heated toilet seat in his mini suite on Diamond Princess.   Does anyone know if these heated seats are on any other Princess ship?   I'm booked on Majestic and Regal in balconies, but if the mini suites have these toilet seats, I'm thinking of upgrading.

Thanks in advance.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....this sounds like a "plant" to me to stir up discussions on something other than the current virus scare.....😉

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....this sounds like a "plant" to me to stir up discussions on something other than the current virus scare.....😉

That reminds of the dry cleaners that outsourced which had a spider plant in the window so they legitimately could have a sign that said "Plant on premises" 

On 2/11/2020 at 1:27 AM, Gwendy said:

That is so funny. 🤣

On 2/11/2020 at 7:07 AM, fluffybunny22 said:

I just booked the Diamond for next June. Does anyone know if there's an English guide to the buttons? Am I just supposed to try them all and hope for the best?

I see on the photo posted on the previous page that there are little diagrams on each button. I can recall that it was clear on the panel on the Sun Princess what each button was for.

Edited by Aus Traveller

On 2/10/2020 at 3:07 PM, fluffybunny22 said:

I just booked the Diamond for next June. Does anyone know if there's an English guide to the buttons? Am I just supposed to try them all and hope for the best?

No.

Have your traveling companion try them and then let you know what each button does.