Shorts in Dining Room on Regal?

Typingmom14

No shorts in the MDR for dinner.

If he insists on wearing shorts in the evening, you could have dinner at the buffet, Alfredo’s or the grill near the pool.

A good pair of dockers or tailored khaki slacks would be appropriate for the MDR on nights other than formal, or whatever they call it now,  when some men wear tuxes, suits or dress pants with appropriate shirts. 

Would not want to go through a situation where he would be told to change from shorts to appropriate pants by the maitre’d at the entrance to the MDR.

• Like 1

As I've mentioned before, this gentleman posted a couple of years ago that he was allowed to enter the dining room every night in dress shorts. Scroll down to post #50.

DH does not like wearing shorts so this has never been an issue. I do make him dress in smart casual for the MDR on non formal nights, but he always insists on going back to the cabin to change into something more comfortable as soon as dinner is over.

Edited by hllwdcruiser

6 hours ago, Typingmom14 said:

First time sailing on Princess this weekend, are dress shorts allowed in main dining room for men?  My husband wears shorts year round and is hoping it isn't a problem!

He can wear them on the first and last night.

4 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

I just completed a cruise on the Crown Princess in January. I did not see any men in shorts in the dining room at night.

Tony

I was on the same cruise and agree with Tony’s observation.  We did not see any men in shorts in the dining room for dinner.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pilot said:

Saw shorts in the dining room several nights on the Feb 2nd Regal cruise. 

I posted the photo's yesterday for proof of what's being allowed on the Regal but there now gone.

Either way, they do say no shorts in the patter but there's nothing posted at the entrance to the DR doors any longer so people do wear them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Returned last month from a b2b on the Sky.  Men in shorts and some even with a t-shirt were allowed in for dinner and I never saw anyone turned away. My wife is handicapped and we sat at one of the front tables for 2 each night and saw the incoming passengers each night.

Edited by famski740

2 hours ago, famski740 said:

Returned last month from a b2b on the Sky.  Men in shorts and some even with a t-shirt were allowed in for dinner and I never saw anyone turned away. My wife is handicapped and we sat at one of the front tables for 2 each night and saw the incoming passengers each night.

We just returned last Sunday from the Regal & saw many people in the DR wearing shorts for dinner on casual nights. It didn't cause anyone undue stress & allowed people to eat in comfort. Of course there were the majority who dressed up but it didn't appear to be a requirement by any means.

Edited by MissP22
  • Like 1

I've worn shorts to MDR. But mine are mid knee shorts that are also work appropriate. Yes, some women's suits are jacket & shorts. Others skirts & jackets. My 6 yr old granddaughter will wear shorts or leggings to dinner with a tunic top. Not beach wear. So as far as shorts -- it depends on gender / material / age. 

1 hour ago, Reina del Mar said:

I have said this before and will repeat.

I would like  cruise lines to state their required dress code, not the suggested code and enforce it, in all locations of the World, across the fleet ! 

yes, there are, I believe, that strictly enforce "their" policies … Princess is not one of them, however

choice is a beautiful thing, at least we can all agree on that 

• Like 2

We were on the Eastern Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale on 2/2 departure and they did not seem to enforce any sort of dress code on this cruise.  The previous Eastern Caribbean cruise that I was on a few years ago on Ruby Princess they did turn people away at the door who were not wearing long pants.

• Like 1