Loyalty levels to change

iltutcruiser

20 minutes ago, iltutcruiser said:

According to Heald, Carnival is working on a new level between Gold and Platinum, and Platinum and Diamond. Not sure how that would work?

Probably something like a Gold+ at 50 days and a Platnium+ at 150 days. Hopefully they do it without taking away existing benefits from people.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Be careful what you wish for. Many of us who had been gold for several years were demoted to red the last time the program was overhauled. 

When it happens, not if,  there will be unhappy people I am sure.  That said, it has to change.  

We only need 11 more days to be Diamond, sure hope it doesn't change any time soon! When they changed from number of cruises (10) to number of days(79) for Platinum, I was fortunate and grandfathered in as we were about to take our tenth.  I went to Diamond party with my friend who is Diamond earlier this month on Legend and some guy there was saying he had a friend who works in that department and they said they were going to base it on cost. I sure as heck don't see that happening. No way in the world that could ever be fair. Guess they'll let us know.

Edited by Bostwick girl
Grammar
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

He may have discussed it, but there has been no post I can find that talks to any changes with details...

I asked him a question about this the other day, and he responded on his Facebook page that they are discussing some changes but none have been settled yet, and he will announce when there is a change. But he wanted any rumors that the loyalty program was changing, squashed, because no decisions had been made. 

• Like 6

I'd love a more tangible reward for reaching Gold Status (a pin and a drink on a 5+ day cruise aren't much of anything). An added benefit at 50 would be great. I'm also floored by the $5 arcade credit only being for guests under 18, like how many kids are Platinum members and how much could it cost Carnival to add that benefit to all Platinum/Diamond members?

Unfortunately they are usually looking to reduce benefits not add them, so I'm not going to hope for much.  

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

I'd love a more tangible reward for reaching Gold Status (a pin and a drink on a 5+ day cruise aren't much of anything). An added benefit at 50 would be great. I'm also floored by the $5 arcade credit only being for guests under 18, like how many kids are Platinum members and how much could it cost Carnival to add that benefit to all Platinum/Diamond members?

Unfortunately they are usually looking to reduce benefits not add them, so I'm not going to hope for much.  

I had asked him if it was changing because I read a thread from another poster than made it sound like they were going to make it harder to reach Platinum because “they had too many Platinums”. I am almost Platinum, and did not want to goal post moved further away. He said not to worry. Nothing has been decided yet. So, for now, I won’t worry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I asked him a question about this the other day, and he responded on his Facebook page that they are discussing some changes but none have been settled yet, and he will announce when there is a change. But he wanted any rumors that the loyalty program was changing, squashed, because no decisions had been made. 

Exactly

3 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

We only need 11 more days to be Diamond, sure hope it doesn't change any time soon! When they changed from number of cruises (10) to number of days(79) for Platinum, I was fortunate and grandfathered in as we were about to take our tenth. 

Hi,

I will get 76 Cruise Days while on my Panorama cruise in April 2021. So, for me that meant only these last 2 upcoming cruises of mine, would I be buying FTTF.  Which I have purchased.

Is Platinum 79 OR 76 Days??

Thanks,

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

38 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

I hope its 200 for platinum and 500 for diamond. Some of the questions I see here from people going to be platinum tells me they aren't experienced enough yet. 

And why overhaul if they give out the same number of perks. Some will lose them. 

Those numbers are more in line with RCI’s program, for what it’s worth. Everything I have heard is when Carnival changes the VIFP program, some level(s) will lose perks with no one being grand fathered. The most obvious level to lose perks is Platinums. But no sense worrying about it now when a change in the near future does not appear imminent. 

• Like 2

This indeed has been talked about for years and even appeared imminent at times.  We have only been cruising since 2012.  Back in May of 2017 when it appeared that changes would be made very soon (with most believing that they would significantly raise the days required to reach platinum) we booked a cruise on one of the new RC ships being built for April 2019.  They were offering a great deal and since changes appeared imminent, it wouldn't really matter if we tried another line.  Meanwhile we continued to book our Carnival cruises and having a good time in the process.  In the Fall of 2018 it was apparent that those long awaited changes were still not coming anytime soon.  We decided to cancel our RC cruise and book on the Breeze that April for what would be our first platinum cruise.  We have now taken three more cruises as platinum and have three more booked for the next year and a half.  Are changes going to made in the future, probably.  Am I worried they will strip me of benefits, no.  Like before, I'm going to keep enjoying my cruises and unlike before, I'm not going to fret over the changes until they are officially announced.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1