Loyalty levels to change

iltutcruiser

1 hour ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

I will get 76 Cruise Days while on my Panorama cruise in April 2021. So, for me that meant only these last 2 upcoming cruises of mine, would I be buying FTTF.  Which I have purchased.

Is Platinum 79 OR 76 Days??

Thanks,

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Platinum begins at 75 days

1 hour ago, Lottacruises said:

I hope its 200 for platinum and 500 for diamond. Some of the questions I see here from people going to be platinum tells me they aren't experienced enough yet.

What kind of experience does someone need to make use of some perks? It's not like we have to pass a cruise knowledge test to advance through the levels. Sorry Blue, you're not experienced enough to drink a 1 liter bottle of water.

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

12 hours ago, Jamesatgsu said:

I'd love a more tangible reward for reaching Gold Status (a pin and a drink on a 5+ day cruise aren't much of anything). An added benefit at 50 would be great.

From the article I read, that is exactly what they are looking to address. Requiring 75 nights to get any significant perk isn't compelling enough to get newer cruisers to come back. Plus, they are probably going to move the goal post for Platinum.

27 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

From the article I read, that is exactly what they are looking to address. Requiring 75 nights to get any significant perk isn't compelling enough to get newer cruisers to come back. Plus, they are probably going to move the goal post for Platinum.

It's the old carrot on the stick trick. When you're just getting close to the goal, they move it farther away again so you never quite get there.

I have a Royal cruise in March and a Carnival cruise in April (I will reach Platinum).  I just looked at Royal's tiers. Here is a summary:
Gold - 3 points (priority check-in and departure)
Platinum - 30 Points (same as gold, but added top tier event, robes in room, and a pin)
Emerald - 55 points (same as platinum, but added water, snack, and beverage selection)
Diamond - 80 points (same as emerald, but added gift, diamond club, daily breakfast w/ specialty coffee, entertainment tour)
Diamond Plus - 175 points (same as diamond, but added personalized gift, priority seating, concierge club access)
Pinnacle Club - 700 points (same as Diamond plus, added milestone certificate a 7 night rate, plus a few other extras)

Their system isn't bad.  I don't see free laundry or being able to access your cabin upon arrival.  Maybe they have it, I just didn't see it.  Those are two perks that I will really enjoy when I reach platinum on my next cruise.  It's the little things.  LOL

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

It's the old carrot on the stick trick. When you're just getting close to the goal, they move it farther away again so you never quite get there.

Actually just the opposite.  The reason they are doing this (whenever it happen) is because to many people have attained the level.  It is untenable.  

47 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I read an article a couple years ago and the Chief Marketing Officer said she wanted to find ways to better encourage loyalty earlier on in the process. They believe someone becomes a "cruiser" once they reach their third cruise, rather than just someone who's trying it out. She wanted to give first & second timers more to encourage them to reach that magic number three and ideally become loyal to the Carnival brand. I can see that to be a good strategy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

I hope its 200 for platinum and 500 for diamond. Some of the questions I see here from people going to be platinum tells me they aren't experienced enough yet. 

And why overhaul if they give out the same number of perks. Some will lose them. 

Not clear what you meant when you stated "Some of the questions I see here from people going to be platinum tells me they aren't experienced enough yet."  I don't think Plats are expected to assume Bridge duties if the Captain has medical issues (or Diamonds for that matter).  Believe it or not some Plats and Diamonds don't spend their lives living on Cruise Critic or study current Carnival programs.  They just enjoy cruising on Carnival.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I have a Royal cruise in March and a Carnival cruise in April (I will reach Platinum).  I just looked at Royal's tiers. Here is a summary:
Gold - 3 points (priority check-in and departure)
Platinum - 30 Points (same as gold, but added top tier event, robes in room, and a pin)
Emerald - 55 points (same as platinum, but added water, snack, and beverage selection)
Diamond - 80 points (same as emerald, but added gift, diamond club, daily breakfast w/ specialty coffee, entertainment tour)
Diamond Plus - 175 points (same as diamond, but added personalized gift, priority seating, concierge club access)
Pinnacle Club - 700 points (same as Diamond plus, added milestone certificate a 7 night rate, plus a few other extras)

Their system isn't bad.  I don't see free laundry or being able to access your cabin upon arrival.  Maybe they have it, I just didn't see it.  Those are two perks that I will really enjoy when I reach platinum on my next cruise.  It's the little things.  LOL

If that's truly all they get, I think I like Carnival's better. Like you said, free laundry and immediate access to your cabin. Plus the priority Guest Services line always comes in handy for me (using FTTF). How does Royal's points system work? What constitutes a point?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

If that's truly all they get, I think I like Carnival's better. Like you said, free laundry and immediate access to your cabin. Plus the priority Guest Services line always comes in handy for me (using FTTF). How does Royal's points system work? What constitutes a point?

There were some additional things things on the list, but I listed the main ones.  I was surprised they don't have free laundry or immediate access to the cabin.  Maybe someone who has high loyalty points on Royal can post about it.

7 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I just looked it up and a point equals one day spent onboard and you get double points if you book a suite.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

Royals perks are by far better than Carnivals. At Diamond level you get free adult beverages for a 3.5 hour period every night. In addition you get 3 vouchers to purchase drinks most bars or dining venue in that same time frame if you don't want to go to the diamond lounge. You also get balcony discounts beginning at platinum level (can't always be combined with other discounts)

You get 3 drink vouchers each night (5:00pm-8:00pm). Royal does have a very nice loyalty program. Especially once you reach 80-days. NCL does too. I like NCL's the best, especially once we reached Platinum with them.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

We only need 11 more days to be Diamond, sure hope it doesn't change any time soon! When they changed from number of cruises (10) to number of days(79) for Platinum, I was fortunate and grandfathered in as we were about to take our tenth.  I went to Diamond party with my friend who is Diamond earlier this month on Legend and some guy there was saying he had a friend who works in that department and they said they were going to base it on cost. I sure as heck don't see that happening. No way in the world that could ever be fair. Guess they'll let us know.

A long time ago it was changed from number of cruises to days cruised. That is far more fair. Example I took 10, 3 day cruises. I took 10, 7 day cruises. Who should end up with the better total. 10, 7 day cruises. So now it would show 30 days vs 70 days. makes a lot of sense to me.

41 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

The drinks do not have to be adult beverages. You can get soda, water or virgin drinks. Also, there is a specialty coffee maker in the lounge. 

You do not get free laundry until diamond plus. At diamond level you get a 24 hour free internet or a discount for the full cruise. I there are two of you in the room you each get a 24 hour period. At diamond plus this goes up to 2 24 hour periods.

You do not get to go to your room right away. 

I am diamond and unless it has changed very recently, there is no free internet for twenty four hours. I think Princess has that .

1 hour ago, EmmasNana said:

Royals perks are by far better than Carnivals. At Diamond level you get free adult beverages for a 3.5 hour period every night. In addition you get 3 vouchers to purchase drinks most bars or dining venue in that same time frame if you don't want to go to the diamond lounge. You also get balcony discounts beginning at platinum level (can't always be combined with other discounts)

It's subjective. I'm not a big drinker anymore. Now & again I will, but when I do, I don't drink a lot. And we're not into hanging out at bars, on a ship or on land. So all those drink perks are almost meaningless to us. Even if I were to drink non-alcoholic beverages, I don't need to drink too many in a 3-hour period. As for internet, we don't get them on a 24-hour basis. Carnival already offers discounted internet for the entire cruise if it's purchased beforehand. So for us, Carnival's perks still win out. Now we just need to get to Platinum to be able to use most of them (without buying FTTF).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

It's subjective. I'm not a big drinker anymore. Now & again I will, but when I do, I don't drink a lot. And we're not into hanging out at bars, on a ship or on land. So all those drink perks are almost meaningless to us. Even if I were to drink non-alcoholic beverages, I don't need to drink too many in a 3-hour period. As for internet, we don't get them on a 24-hour basis. Carnival already offers discounted internet for the entire cruise if it's purchased beforehand. So for us, Carnival's perks still win out. Now we just need to get to Platinum to be able to use most of them (without buying FTTF).

We normally will get one drink in the lounge and get a glass of wine to take to dinner.😀

10 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

Not all the perks are listed on the website. You will get a letter in your cabin from the Diamond concierge listing your perks that are not on the website. I will see if I can find it.https://boards.cruisecritic.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=372040

Thanks....Wonder why it isn't listed under the diamond benefits. 

40 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

Not all the perks are listed on the website. You will get a letter in your cabin from the Diamond concierge listing your perks that are not on the website. I will see if I can find it.https://boards.cruisecritic.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=372040

On the website is a ton of fine print at the bottom of the page. I think it covers just about everything.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Do you get any kind of free laundry perk or access to your cabin immediately? I looked for it but couldn’t find it. I rarely drink so the free drinks aren’t a big draw. The balcony discount would be a plus.

Diamond + do get a free bag of laundry....I’m not sure if it’s more on longer cruises.

This is a perk I don’t use on Carnival, so probably won’t on Royal either

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cushing985 said:

I just looked it up and a point equals one day spent onboard and you get double points if you book a suite.

You also get 2 points as a solo (3 if solo and booked in suite).

If you book the solo cabins on certain ships, you do not get 2 points, only 1.

• Like 1