What is celebrity like , will we be bored?

Cleous

Boring is as boring does. So, you make or break your own situation by researching and putting yourself in an environment that best suits your needs and desires. Every cruise on any carrier can be boring, if you let it be, no matter the age variables, entertainment or activities. As davekathy says, be "easily entertained" and find good times in the joy of "cruising". Adjusting to differences in cruise dynamics is important in keeping a positive attitude and thus having a good time.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 1

I'm 52 now, and in my 40s when I started with Celebrity.  Entertainment is subjective, but I enjoyed all the shows and music!  My daughter and step-daughter, in their 20s, joined me for most of my cruises, and they were never board.  Judging by their late hours and hangovers, the nightlife was pretty good, at least on Solstice and Reflection 7 night Caribbean itineraries.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moby Jones said:

I was about to reply saying that I think you and your 23 year old son will likely be bored. The average passenger age on Celebrity is approx 60. It is true that some shorter cruises at certain times attract a younger crowd but you'd still easily be amongst the youngest onboard. 

My 21 year old nephew had the time of his life on Celebrity a few years ago with his grandparents, aunt/uncle, and mom.  He found other people his age, and they found things to do all day and wayyyy into the night. I wouldn't be too worried if he's good at making friends.

We enjoyed Allure tremendously but left for Celebrity for better food and a more "country club" feeling, as another poster called it. Agree the stage productions can be forgetful compared to RCI's Broadway style shows, but we get to the comedy shows, the karaoke, trivia, and enjoy the live music around the ship. The non-suite food is way better than RCI in our opinion although not Michelin-level. We balance the fun stuff with the relaxing stuff - a perfect mix for us. Honestly if RCI had a more refined ambiance and better food we would consider it again because there was definitely more entertainment, but not enough for us to sacrifice those things!

13 hours ago, wallysdtr said:

That is too bad about the entertainment.  We have been lucky to have enjoyed several talented group.  One that impressed me greatly on the Reflection was a trio of men I would guess to be in their 20's.  All Motown hits sung with such beautiful voices.  We got to meet the gentlemen early the next day.  The nicest guys ever.  I am hoping they are back on the Reflection when we cruise in March.  

Just got off the Celebrity Silhouette yesterday. 

Those guys you speak of must be 'Uptown', as we really enjoyed them too - with all the Motown hits.

Some people we talked to thought it was the best show of the cruise.

22 minutes ago, gprentice said:

Those guys you speak of must be 'Uptown', as we really enjoyed them too - with all the Motown hits.

that is wonderful to hear!  Thanks for sharing and so glad you liked them as much as we did.  We did talk to them about the music they heard growing up with the "records" their parents had.  

11 hours ago, gprentice said:

I found the group!   

https://tadmgmt.com/talent/uptown/

Unfortunately the website isn't updated for this year

Will you be bored? Perhaps kind of an odd question to post since nobody really knows you and your likes/dislikes.  As a suggestion, maybe do some further research here on CC and come back and ask more specific questions.  That might be the most helpful thing to do.

• Like 1

We have done cruises of 7 days plus (generally 10-14) and also a 2 night cruise on Celebrity. We are on the 4 day Apex sailing. We have also done a couple of P&O 2 night trips from Southampton.

I would say that with the 2 port stops, especially staying in Amsterdam until midnight, and then one sea day, this cruise will very much be seeing what Apex has to offer. For us, we are looking forward to seeing how different it is from the S- and M-class ships. For you, it would be exploring a totally new ship.

I would expect it to be ‘livier’ in the evening than a normal length cruise. The demographics is also generally younger, though being a new ship, there are a lot of Celebrity cruisers trying her out.

If you choose to sail, then try not to compare too much until perhaps after you have returned. 
Look out for the Silent Disco, it is great fun.

I have done 1 x ex- UK and 2 x ex-Fort Lauderdale S class cruises. I do not enjoy musical theatre generally but have always enjoyed the shows by the ships cast. The bands such as Uptown usually very good. Comedians very funny. Generally the music about the ship is good, as are the disco like sessions in the Sky lounge. We like quiet time too, to chat and eat with ourselves/new friends so do not need to entertained all the time.

Only done one RCI ex-Barcelona. Big mix of nationalities and I felt the entertainment was affected badly by that. Enjoyed the ship though.

Have been on a short P&O cruise. The clientele were older. Entertainment was fine.

Went on a TUI (Marella) cruise which is renowned for entertainment and never went to any of the shows. Whilst Celebrity feels like Country Club, Marella felt like Working Mans Club.

Go on give the Apex a go. Sure you will like it. Seems a little expensive though. I must remember to walk down onto the Southampton Water foreshore to see it sailing out.

• 1 year later...
On 2/24/2020 at 8:08 AM, chemmo said:

If we want a cruise with a focus on entertainment and activities we choose RC...For good food and restful ambience we choose Celebrity. 

There is a 4 night Apex cruise from Southampton (I think in April) could be a good try out to see if there is enough to keep you both busy!

This explains the two lines perfectly. Sometime you feel like Italian food and sometime Mexican. Both can be really good, it’s just what you’re in the mood for.  RC tends to be more adventure fun, while Celebrity is my go to when I want to relax with a good book and drink by the pool. 

We love both! 

Personally, I have never been bored on a cruise and doubt if that would ever happen to me.  I love the TA's and all the cruise buddies that you see all over the ship.  I think that four days would be way too short for me, but because you are thinking it may be boring, you will be pleasantly surprised on Apex/E Class!  It would take you four days to see everything onboard, not to mention ports and dining...enjoy the experience, as life is way too short!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Personally, I have never been bored on a cruise and doubt if that would ever happen to me.  I love the TA's and all the cruise buddies that you see all over the ship.  I think that four days would be way too short for me, but because you are thinking it may be boring, you will be pleasantly surprised on Apex/E Class!  It would take you four days to see everything onboard, not to mention ports and dining...enjoy the experience, as life is way too short!

Not that I think this resurrected thread should be kept alive, I do agree agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1