Stores on celebrity cruises

Sandra1616

9 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Bo, are you saying you bought something onboard and paid for it with your credit card?

I'm sure he means the charges went on his CC on file upon disembarkation.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Bo, are you saying you bought something onboard and paid for it with your credit card?

Yes, several times.. more often than not it was charged to my SeaPass.

The most recent time was two (2) years ago on our Bermuda sailing on Millineum, in the liquor store on our last night... purchased several bottles and used my CC.

bon voyage

• Haha 1

On 2/25/2020 at 2:30 PM, njsweetie said:

They must have some good sales at the end of the cruise because the shops were very crowded on our last full day, a sea day. There were some nice Kate Spade and other very attractive bags on sale. The only thing we bought was a model replica of the Summit 🙂

On the last night of a cruise I was on 5 years ago a beautiful MK bag showed up and since I had non refundable obc to use I bought it. Still use the bag.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Yes, several times.. more often than not it was charged to my SeaPass.

The most recent time was two (2) years ago on our Bermuda sailing on Millineum, in the liquor store on our last night... purchased several bottles and used my CC.

bon voyage

That's fascinating.  I had no idea.  I thought all purchases had to go onto your Sea Pass card.  And from there to your credit card.  

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

That's fascinating.  I had no idea.  I thought all purchases had to go onto your Sea Pass card.  And from there to your credit card.  

Nope, and as well, during that sailing I purchased something from the Sundries Store which was not correct, they had to call Miami to effect a refund... took a few hours and they left a message in the cabin when completed.

bon voyage

• Haha 1

Too many high end stores ( usually with very few costumers). They used to have much more moderately priced sports wear and costume jewelry and I often bought several items over the years but no longer the case.  Wish they would bring these types of items back.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, vickykay said:

Too many high end stores ( usually with very few costumers). They used to have much more moderately priced sports wear and costume jewelry and I often bought several items over the years but no longer the case.  Wish they would bring these types of items back.

The best deals are in the onboard liquor stores, however, selection is not great. If you find a cheaper price in port they will price match with proof. Just take a pic.  I bought 2 bottles of Ketel 1 and they threw in the half size for free. 

• Haha 1

I have been cruising for many years on all classes of ships.  The edge class has the best shopping.  All high end.  Tiffiany, bvlgari.  Cartier The jewelry store has a great assortment of both jewelry and watches.  No junk.  No $10 tee shirts.  M and s have cheap souvenirs and some medium priced items for purchase.  Best to buy your inexpensive souvenirs at ports

• Haha 1

In past posts on the same topic I posted several examples of good buys I found on more expensive handbags, Jewlery and watches. If you have non refundable OBC and want an item that credit should be counted as part of the savings. On a recent Crystal cruise my DW purchased a Ferrigamo handbag she had been looking at in stores back home. Using non refundable OBC she spent $250 for a bag that was way over $1000 at Bloomingdale's. "Use it or lose it " combined with researching prices may lead to real buys.

Edited by Orator
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Orator said:

In past posts on the same topic I posted several examples of good buys I found on more expensive handbags, Jewlery and watches. If you have non refundable OBC and want an item that credit should be counted as part of the savings. On a recent Crystal cruise my DW purchased a Ferrigamo handbag she had been looking at in stores back home. Using non refundable OBC she spent $250 for a bag that was way over $1000 at Bloomingdale's. "Use it or lose it " combined with researching prices may lead to real buys.

If you take a B2B on Crystal the unused OBC carries over from one cruise to the other. That can result in substantial OBC which must be spent or lost. Crystal only carries high end products and OBC is a good way to reduce the impact on your wallet. I only wish Celebrity treated a B2B as a continuous cruises and perks were carried over.

Edited by Life Buoy
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I have been cruising for many years on all classes of ships.  The edge class has the best shopping.  All high end.  Tiffiany, bvlgari.  Cartier The jewelry store has a great assortment of both jewelry and watches.  No junk.  No $10 tee shirts.  M and s have cheap souvenirs and some medium priced items for purchase.  Best to buy your inexpensive souvenirs at ports

Tiffany stock at the small store  on EDGE is same as in the current catalogue...no sales or bargains,  and if you buy very high priced items you may likely have to declare and owe duty!

Would rather buy stuff related to the cruise experence itself..books  cards etc.  Maybe hi winning gamblers might buy big but there are better deals elsewhere!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orator said:

Of course if you have obc use it!  But I find for example many things like levian jewelry sold on s and m ships, I purchased them.  Only to find cheaper in Macy’s on sale!  No duty because it is made in the usa.  Also the outlet stores sell kate spade for 1/2 price always 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Of course if you have obc use it!  But I find for example many things like levian jewelry sold on s and m ships, I purchased them.  Only to find cheaper in Macy’s on sale!  No duty because it is made in the usa.  Also the outlet stores sell kate spade for 1/2 price always 

Good point about goods made in USA and duty..

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

The term best would be subjective in this case. I have many watches that I’ve paid Several thousand dollars for each but know that onboard pricing on any ship is ridiculously high versus gray market thus making the shops useless. You can do better in several ports if need be. I might actually buy some cheap junk in normal shops on board  with my wife and kids versus not paying $2000 too much for an Omega or Breitling watch aboard by a high pressure ship salesperson. Give me a shop that sells a decent ship hoodie .... not paying MSRP just because it’s on the Edge or Apex. Of course some people may enjoy being suckered and parted from their money. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Also the outlet stores sell kate spade for 1/2 price always 

Most (all?) items in a Kate Spade outlet are manufactured specifically for the outlets and aren't as nice as the full-line Kate Spade. Same with Coach and others.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

Most (all?) items in a Kate Spade outlet are manufactured specifically for the outlets and aren't as nice as the full-line Kate Spade. Same with Coach and others.

Yes I would have to agree. I look closely at the hardware and stitching on the bags and there is a difference in quality to those sold in a mall store. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

The term best would be subjective in this case. I have many watches that I’ve paid Several thousand dollars for each but know that onboard pricing on any ship is ridiculously high versus gray market thus making the shops useless. You can do better in several ports if need be. I might actually buy some cheap junk in normal shops on board  with my wife and kids versus not paying $2000 too much for an Omega or Breitling watch aboard by a high pressure ship salesperson. Give me a shop that sells a decent ship hoodie .... not paying MSRP just because it’s on the Edge or Apex. Of course some people may enjoy being suckered and parted from their money. 

Several years ago I was in one of the onboard shops looking at a Tanzanite ring valued at 65K but salesperson dropped price to $32K. Still too much for my budget so he said he would try but could not promise to further discount (all a pretense) but would have to call his boss in NY. He disappeared into another room and 2 minutes later got the ok to sell for 20K.  Guess he figured after 3 glasses of their sparkling wine I would give in.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Several years ago I was in one of the onboard shops looking at a Tanzanite ring valued at 65K but salesperson dropped price to $32K. Still too much for my budget so he said he would try but could not promise to further discount (all a pretense) but would have to call his boss in NY. He disappeared into another room and 2 minutes later got the ok to sell for 20K.  Guess he figured after 3 glasses of their sparkling wine I would give in.  

We bought tanzanite earrings like idiots in cozumel.  Did not go to an approved jeweler   the price was excellent   However when we got home, I went to my jeweler who advised me they were fake!  Fortunately after back and forth with visa, got our money back.  Sometimes if it is too good to be true, it isn’t!  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We bought tanzanite earrings like idiots in cozumel.  Did not go to an approved jeweler   the price was excellent   However when we got home, I went to my jeweler who advised me they were fake!  Fortunately after back and forth with visa, got our money back.  Sometimes if it is too good to be true, it isn’t!  

Sorry you were taken but at least you were able to get refunded. The ring I was looking at wasn't even worth $20,000 but good try on his part. Some poor unsuspecting person would think it was a bargain and wouldn't hesitate.  Enjoyed the bubbly though.🥂

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Sorry you were taken but at least you were able to get refunded. The ring I was looking at wasn't even worth $20,000 but good try on his part. Some poor unsuspecting person would think it was a bargain and wouldn't hesitate.  Enjoyed the bubbly though.🥂

Lesson learned!  txs

• Haha 1

A few years ago I was on a cruuse (cant remember the name), not a big one traveling on the east coast of the US. There was a store on board where you could buy jewelries. While I was there I heard a guy buying a boat..A BOAT for like 12 gran. Sometimes you never know what shop you can enter on board lol. I wonder what other shops you guys saw on cruises  

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2020 at 9:51 PM, hrhdhd said:

IMO if you want to pay retail, or get a 20% discount to get what some think is better, And newer styles, shop in Bloomingdale’s always has sales and kate spade and coach included

Well I enjoyed reading peoples replies.  I am consider in buying a few pieces of day to day jewelry.  However,  because of your answers, I will know ball park prices of items and consider duties, taxes and possibility of refunds.  I think jewelry including watches comes with some form of certification or verification of content.  I think shopping is background work and would prefer to enjoy excursions, amenities, including food and people over shopping,