Perfect Day at CocoCay FAIL

I mean maybe it's just not as special to me because I go to the beach at home all the time for the price of gas and the parking meter, but I just don't see how someone can find that kind of value in that

Edited by hotsauce126

Sorry but i do not think most of you are smart enough to figure out Royals math.  So, at the the kindness of my heart i will dumb it down for the common folk.

$1400 for the Cabana rental - flat rate.

minus the $400 in savings.

here is the actual mathematical breakdown 

$1400-$400=$ 2658.98 -$500=3476.67 + $45.67-3.00 /3567 (87886) x 36.7%. = $-300(*)56 > 879*36%¥676€ a7373$ = XY

Do you get it now???

• Haha 3

Not surprised. Prices been like this for months. No set price. Though saw some Posters back in Jan on here also at $1099-$1499, my week they were all $399 and less for my sailings next month on a shorter, smaller, older ship... Will only charge what they can get. Dont sell out before sailing sure will during

58 minutes ago, nashirak said:

Is it the fact that you have 343 unread emails? 🤷‍♂️🧐🤔😁

You have eagle eyes. 😉 😄 

Actually, that's just the bookmark.  I have whittled it down to 55.  😄 

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2020 at 8:46 PM, sneadae said:

On 3/5/2020 at 3:05 AM, Merion_Mom said:

Yes, they are charging $1399...……..but admit that it's a $400 value!  🤣🤣🤣

22 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The OP’s screenshot shows OVER $400 value...$1398.99 is clearly over $400. Probably not the best move marketing wise, but technically no contradiction. 

At the bottom it says "price reflects discount."  So I take it to mean the $1400 price reflects a discount valued at $400, not that the package itself is valued at $400.

7 hours ago, SG65CB said:

My guess is they are saying the "regular" price is $1800, which makes the $1400 price a $400 value. 

Yes, that's how I take it.

• Like 2

we did a floating cabana 2 weeks ago.. was amazing! we originally booked it for 1500 and had multiple price drops, we paid $1000 about 2 weeks before we left... the service, the food, the drinks, were spoiled and don't think we could stay in coco cay again with out the floating cabana.  divided by 7 people wasn't bad at all.. we has lobster, filet, etc.. was specialty restaurant quality food..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some people may want a spot reserved for them, where they will be waited on.

No piling off the ship on a sea of people, scrambling for a lounger, etc. You can party all night, sleep in, and still have a primo spot.

If people want to pay for that privilege, what skin is it off your nose? Some people are on a budget, others are not and want to chill on their vacation. They can't use the "saved" money for another cruise, because they don't have the extra time in their lives. To each their own. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2020 at 3:49 PM, Drummer72 said:

here is the actual mathematical breakdown 

$1400-$400=$ 2658.98 -$500=3476.67 + $45.67-3.00 /3567 (87886) x 36.7%. = $-300(*)56 > 879*36%¥676€ a7373$ = XY

Do you get it now???

Well, good try, anyway. In the middle of the fourth line, you forgot to include the 18% gratuity, which is included in the base price but added on later if you get a special 30% ON-BOARD DISCOUNT available on the third Thursday of your quarantine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/5/2020 at 7:54 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

The OP’s screenshot shows OVER $400 value...$1398.99 is clearly over $400. Probably not the best move marketing wise, but technically no contradiction. 

I look at that ad as saying  the discount is a $400 value. So you’re getting a cabana for 8 people for $1398.00. And saving money. 

21 hours ago, Aintnofun007 said:

we did a floating cabana 2 weeks ago.. was amazing! we originally booked it for 1500 and had multiple price drops, we paid $1000 about 2 weeks before we left... the service, the food, the drinks, were spoiled and don't think we could stay in coco cay again with out the floating cabana.  divided by 7 people wasn't bad at all.. we has lobster, filet, etc.. was specialty restaurant quality food..

How rocky was the cabana since it’s over water?  Also, was it windy for you?  I’m thinking about getting the cabana for my family but I’ve seen YouTube videos on the rockiness and wind those cabanas were getting. 

On 3/7/2020 at 10:57 PM, mayleeman said:

Well, good try, anyway. In the middle of the fourth line, you forgot to include the 18% gratuity, which is included in the base price but added on later if you get a special 30% ON-BOARD DISCOUNT available on the third Thursday of your quarantine. 

i missed that one, Sorry...