Should Royal Caribbean suspend all cruises for 60days

Should Royal Caribbean suspend all cruises for 60days   

867 members have voted

1. 1. Should Royal Caribbean suspend all cruises for 60days

• YES
    • NO
    • Not sure

5 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Since you are quick to point out what America is doing wrong....How is your country doing? Maybe you should focus your efforts on your own Prime Minister...after all isn't his wife quarantined? 

I am pointing out what America could have done smarter. If they wanted to make their own test, that’s great.  However they should have accepted what has been proven to start with, while they designed their own. Hind sight is 2020, but when you could see what was happening in China why would they decline what was proven at least in the beginning. 

In the meantime the US government is wanting to have medical supplies to be US made.  Sure, why not.  Keep it in your economy. Just don’t make today that day, because you need them now and not 6 weeks from now.

4E5B5DFB-073E-40CA-89D9-F7240902940C.thumb.jpeg.b6b56a3272ee80ae35d6b2963bb495d5.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I am pointing out what America could have done smarter. If they wanted to make their own test, that’s great.  However they should have accepted what has been proven to start with, while they designed their own. Hind sight is 2020, but when you could see what was happening in China why would they decline what was proven at least in the beginning. 

In the meantime the US government is wanting to have medical supplies to be US made.  Sure, why not.  Keep it in your economy. Just don’t make today that day, because you need them now and not 6 weeks from now.

4E5B5DFB-073E-40CA-89D9-F7240902940C.thumb.jpeg.b6b56a3272ee80ae35d6b2963bb495d5.jpeg

Completely agree with you on this. Valid data...that's the idea. The WORLD is in crisis right now...not just the US.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Since you are quick to point out what America is doing wrong....How is your country doing? Maybe you should focus your efforts on your own Prime Minister...after all isn't his wife quarantined? 

It’s funny you mention that.  He has taken to self isolation similar to political leaders in your country, but he is still working from home.  One can only hope that they all come through this positively. 

So far we are doing alright and we can be doing more.  I suspect our numbers will prorated to be similar to other countries but we typically a nation with social distancing.  Our nation has 37 million people, where as Florida 21.5 Million.  We will have less physical cases. 

However, as I posted above a Canadian research team has isolated the COVID-19 virus.  Hopefully this discovery can be used, with other researchers around the world, to create a vaccine as quick as possible. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There is so much misinformation on testing and test kits.  How do you all have so much information and authority on these kits and the testing process?  I work in healthcare, I'm in hospital ERs frequently and I have family members who are Doctors and most of what I read on the message boards is false or partially true.  Even the administrations own expert Dr. Fauci testified to congress that we are behind in testing, that we are not set up for testing and that the test system is failing.  Not partisan, his words.  In order to get through this we have to put aside partisan politics and deal with facts and come together as a country and with our global partners and support each other.  That we we can get back to cruising and the more important topics of this board:  tipping, dress codes and whether or not I should buy the drink package!  

Happy cruising, whenever that may be

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JeffT237 said:

That we we can get back to cruising and the more important topics of this board:  tipping, dress codes and whether or not I should buy the drink package!  

Happy cruising, whenever that may be

Do it, wear what you want, yes!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rolloman said:

The more cruise lines that cancel the more bookings Royal will get. I will bet those that made flights for this weekend for Disney and Princess are now scrambling to book the many open cabins on Royal ships. 

I doubt that. There are a lot of Princess passengers on that board who are relieved that Princess shut down and they are getting a full refund and FCC

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

Even the administrations own expert Dr. Fauci testified to congress that we are behind in testing, that we are not set up for testing and that the test system is failing.  Not partisan, his words. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

they built a 20 acre hospital over a weekend, not to mention they can produce medical equipment and whatever they need etc.

This is what's mind blowing. China makes everything for everyone. I cannot see the US being able to pull off what China just did over the past few months. China increased production of masks. We can't even buy them. China increased production of medications. We buy these from China. We have a massive shortage of ventilators and other medical equipment. We buy these from China. Capitalism sold America's soul to China long ago.  China runs the world.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Here is another example proving airlines have more cases of transferring the virus to the public than cruiselines. If you stop cruising, first stop flying.and large church gatherings. Let's be impartial.

I'm not sure what the point is that you're trying to make, all of these things are being cancelled or modified.  In Southern California we just closed Disneyland, the Governor has called for all public gatherings of 250 or more cancelled, in the city I live in large church services are making plans, Coachella and stage coach postponed, and the NBA, NHL, MLS and MLB have postponed their seasons.  New York has a town with the National Guard in it, multiple states of emergency in this country and the list goes on.  I don't think the cruise industry is being singled out.  The debate could be are these things necessary, but I think the point of all of these plans is to slow the community spread which I feel is absolutely necessary to mitigate this virus.  Identify where it's at and take action.  I'm confident we'll do that, but again it will take time and a lot of cooperation from the Feds down to each one of us.

• Like 4

The Governor of Washington State has order all schools, public and private, in Snohomish, King and Pierce Counties to close.

Before the recent change all tests had to be mailed to Altana for processing.  That is why results were taking 3 to 4 days.  Now that they have finally allowed local labs to process the tests, it takes 3 to 4 hours.  This will help a lot.  The time may increase as the number of tests increase.   

4 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Both RCL and Carnival will be making an announcement tomorrow. 

Have you heard that or is that just an assumption?

I'd expect them to make a statement of some variety soon; I think we're up to 7 cruise lines with suspended operations plus MSC with heavily cancelled itineraries

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Here is another example proving airlines have more cases of transferring the virus to the public than cruiselines. If you stop cruising, first stop flying and large church gatherings. Let's be impartial.

Very good point. 

It was a large church (can’t remember the denomination) that actually helped to spread COVID in South Korea. I’m not anti religion, I just don’t need 4 walls and a roof.  To me it’s how you live your life and how you treat others. 

Seeing large social gatherings in NA being stopped like hockey, baseball, NASCAR, parades, concerts etc will help.  As a matter of fact our son has his school break next week and our province stated today that the schools will be closed for a further 2 weeks to ensure that they are healthy before they return. You could only imagine his face when we told him he has 3 weeks off at home. Local sports have literally had the plugged pulled for the season, no finals will be played. 

We cancelled our April land vacation to avoid flying.  Why risk it. My life will be work at the office, work on the farm, movie rentals, and laying low. Not hiding but as cautious as can be. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, coolptnr said:

Completely agree with you on this. Valid data...that's the idea. The WORLD is in crisis right now...not just the US.

I'll agree, yes american made.

Houston dental school closed yesterday because they have no masks.

20 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Both RCL and Carnival will be making an announcement tomorrow. 

14 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

I'd expect them to make a statement of some variety soon; I think we're up to 7 cruise lines with suspended operations plus MSC with heavily cancelled itineraries

I have heard similar.

Considering the VP just met with the cruise officials last Saturday, things sure have changed since then. If Princess cancelled cruises for 60 days, I suspect RC might follow suit with the others that have made announcements tonight.

Imagine, Virgin is cancelling cruises and they haven’t even had paying guests on board yet that I am aware of. Welcome to the cruise world. Don’t let the door kit you in the face. 

I will be watching RC stock as in a few more weeks, or less, I might buy 100 shares at 10-15.  Maybe less.

Edited by A&L_Ont

21 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

I'm not sure what the point is that you're trying to make, all of these things are being cancelled or modified.  In Southern California we just closed Disneyland, the Governor has called for all public gatherings of 250 or more cancelled, in the city I live in large church services are making plans, Coachella and stage coach postponed, and the NBA, NHL, MLS and MLB have postponed their seasons.  New York has a town with the National Guard in it, multiple states of emergency in this country and the list goes on.  I don't think the cruise industry is being singled out.  The debate could be are these things necessary, but I think the point of all of these plans is to slow the community spread which I feel is absolutely necessary to mitigate this virus.  Identify where it's at and take action.  I'm confident we'll do that, but again it will take time and a lot of cooperation from the Feds down to each one of us.

My pt which posted a American airlines pilot who is the latest victim here ....is most of the cases here came here by plane.

As long as the planes fly the virus travels.

It's not cruising spreading the most.... its travelling by PLANE

Great they shut down a basketball game ... they would have flown there. 

My issue is flying is a lot less safe than cruising. If they stop flights here, then I vote to stop cruises, but not just cruises if flying is the main transmitter.. all the cases here, someone flew in, they didnt come from a cruiser.

Edited by firefly333

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

What is it about non-essential travel don't you people get?  People get the biggest crushes on cruises and cruise lines and lose all sense of rationality. 

People have no sense of reality.  They informed DW that the Dr's at the hospital have to cancel elective exploratory procedures such as colonoscopies. Like it or not this is the world we have to live in temporarily.  Most of these people sail multiple times a year. It would be in everybody's best interest to give up the Spring season so we can all get back to normal sooner.

• Like 3

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

Most of these people sail multiple times a year.

Exactly.  And cruises follow a set formula week after week after week...I can't understand what these people are missing by postponing?  Yes, I know a number are longer and unique voyages, but many are 3-7 standard Caribbean type cruises.  How can it be exciting and new the 50th time to the point where you just ignore all logic and warning? You people know what menu you will get what day and exactly what you are going to order and where you sit and which way you face before you ever board the ship.  What are you missing out on?  What am *I* missing out on? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

It would be in everybody's best interest to give up the Spring season so we can all get back to normal sooner.

I highly suspect the car tour that I do every June will be cancelled this year. 25,000 people travelling from Norwalk Ohio to Madison Wisconsin, over 7 days through small and large town America. Sure it brings money to communities but who would want to see us this year.  They will take health over money, or they sure should. 

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

My pt which posted a American airlines pilot who is the latest victim here ....is most of the cases here came here by plane.

As long as the planes fly the virus travels.

It's not cruising spreading the most.... its travelling by PLANE

Great they shut down a basketball game ... they would have flown there. 

My issue is flying is a lot less safe than cruising. If they stop flights here, then I vote to stop cruises, but not just cruises if flying is the main transmitter.. all the cases here, someone flew in, they didnt come from a cruiser.

I completely agree with you, the virus certainly was spread globally by flight and it’s community spread is due to flying as well.  Much more than cruisers. Only necessary air travel has been requested for everyone but we all know that will not be enforced.  I think the difference is cruising is considered to be unnecessary travel or travel for pleasure.  Air travel is considered by at least the government  as necessary for the keeping the country moving.  The only time I can remember air travel shut down is after 9/11.  I haven’t flown since this has started but I’ve heard from others that have and they’ve reported less passengers and light crowds at the airport.  So some are altering their flights or cancelling altogether.