Should Royal Caribbean suspend all cruises for 60days

Should Royal Caribbean suspend all cruises for 60days   

867 members have voted

1. 1. Should Royal Caribbean suspend all cruises for 60days

• YES
    • NO
    • Not sure

51 minutes ago, BND said:

Um, I was asking that poster where they got their info.  I then went onto say what it actually said when I found an article.   You answered something I didn't even ask, but okay.

Um, again for clarity, when you say things on a public forum, sometimes people will comment in response. Those people might not always be the person you were addressing in the first place. This is normal. There is a private message system to be used when you don't want anyone else talking to you.

Where my confusion lies is why you have apparently gotten upset that someone agreed with you.

Edited by Eslader

We live in the Chicago suburbs.  My husband and both of our daughters (the girls live and work in the city) are on mandatory work from home starting today for the next two weeks.  I own a pet sitting business, and have been getting texts and calls all morning from clients, same mandatory work from home.  For my business, this isn't a good thing.  I wish they'd let me still come and take their dogs for a walk.  I've had several spring break vacation clients cancel, and I'm anticipating more to come.  Our high school swing choir was scheduled to perform at Disney World, and many families were going.  

My husband and I are scheduled to sail on 4/18 on MSC Seaside in their Yacht Club.  We have no plans to cancel, just taking it day by day and waiting to see what happens.  We have up to 48 hours before sail date to re-book.  Our flights are insured, so we can make changes.  (Elderly parents in assisted living, so we never take chances when flying anywhere.  Also, we  can't visit them for 2 weeks now.)

22 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Public perception definitely goes along way when it comes to a company's reputation.  I think this is a big part of the decision that Disney made to shut down.  

Yes, so agree. The perception, combined with the experiences we are living through, especially those of us over 70, will play a significant part in their recovery after all this passes. 

5 hours ago, Floke said:

I think we'll find out soon enough. To echo what others have said... the last thing RCL wants to do right now is issue refunds. Given the 48 hour policy, it seems logical from a financial standpoint for them to allow that deadline to expire for all cruises departing over the weekend as the deadline for the Sunday departures will be today (Saturday departures expired yesterday). The point I'm making is that RCL is hoping that those holding out will call at the last minute to get their FCC which helps them down the road as it keeps the money in the bank. It feels like, and of course it's unknown right now, that if they cancel they'll have to issue refunds and they are just bleeding the clock now to avoid as much of that as possible. If they are canceling cruises, I feel like that announcement will come later in the day or early Saturday morning before the weekend departures leave.

Well stated.  I agree with your post.

Our cruise is April 4. We have every intention of being on symphony. I hope the US media is happy with themselves stoking fear and panic in people across the US. This is not the first pandemic the world has seen. It is Not the deadliest the world has seen. What is different this time is a 24/7/365 news media and social media that can spread fear and disinformation faster than the speed of light. I wish the media would take the advice of Dr Oz earlier this week and “SHUT UP”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well today was I interesting. I took my 93 year old mom and 101 year old dad to get everyone's taxes done. 

State of emergency started today at 11 am.

Because of the number of people at risk and elderly no more than 10 per room, or in same place. 

Hold up your picture id so they don't have to touch it. They said good thing you came today, we might not be doing taxes next week.

Everything here is totally wierd. 

My friend who rides around in her camper just got back and said there is no toilet paper in the stores in Columbus ohio where she lives.

So dallas is now officially under a state of emergency 

I see on tv up in ny they opened a drive thru testing center  .... for all those who keep saying I'm quoting trump when I clearly said I heard a interview Monday morning by the governor of ny. I still believe the testing kits are being made by the millions ... there is clearly a distribution problem. 

I just heard cuomo?  The governor now saying/asking the federal government to hand over testing to the states. For sure his name isnt trump... I know who is talking and I'm listening to. 

So keep calling me a liar, this thread is toxic. I signed up for dallas morning news virus alerts and watch stocks. They show ny governor quite a lot lately. I know him from trump.

Everyone seems to say I heard trump... nope.

This emergency in dallas wierd. I wanted to buy books at the bookstore. I hope it doesnt close.

Even getting our taxes done was weird today. Too bad I didnt go sooner. One preparer of the 3 where we were was wearing a mask, all had sanitizer 

The newspaper said no more than 250, but it didnt break it down more, I was told today, 10 or less if they are elderly or at risk. That's going to shut down a lot of places. How can a store know who is 70 or older? 

I probably should go now to get books with this emergency declaration here in dallas.

Once the money I have in this cruise is spent, either I get to go april 26, or not, I might be done for a while... this is too wierd. 

36 minutes ago, mike123abc said:

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/03/13/feds-announce-flight-restrictions-cruise-ship-ban-amid-covid-19-outbreak/

Canada ports now closed to ships with more than 500 passengers until July 1st.

There goes the AK cruises...

No just means Alaska cruises will leave and return from Seattle

3 minutes ago, M&A said:

No just means Alaska cruises will leave and return from Seattle

Unless the US government pauses the PVSA (which I cannot imagine them doing) that won't work, they still have to dock in Canada to be legal cruises.

2 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

At this point I'm thinking if Royal doesn't suspend fully for a month or two, they will probably cancel this year's Europe season entirely

Why would they cancel Europe cruises if they do not cancel earlier ones in the Caribbean?

73981A59-2FA6-45A4-B764-958F489908DD.jpeg.a2db194cb25c8396d6dc47eeba9ca224.jpeg

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

There is only one person who is saying this, and he is a proven liar.

CUOMO? Like I said he is who I heard Monday morning. I said the governor of New York  didnt know people thought he was a liar. I dont know much about him. 

But there is contradictory info being said. I heard one doctor say 10m could die before is all over. You cant even believe doctors they put on tv. Taking things with a grain of salt.

Well I need more books to read, I was going to wait, but with this new state of emergency started here at 11 am, worried to wait.

What is with the runs on toilet paper. Luckily I had already bought some for both households before this got really started. 

I sure hope this is over in a month  or two, or cruises will be not the only thing to worry about.

My track shoes came apart in the pouring rain this morning. I hope they dont close all stores around here like ny. Our emergency status just started, so hard to predict what it will mean. 

Hope I get to cruise, if rcl cancels it, refund time I assume, and not rebooking. I dont want a fcc to deal with. I'm not cancelling... leaving it in rcl hands.

Cruising now on my back burner if this emergency thing keeps going here. Whatever rcl does they do. 

I am in Michigan and work for Tax Aide, which may be who does your taxes in Texas.  (That could be the title of a country/western song)  Anyway, today our tax preparations were canceled because we mostly work in Senior Centers and many of them are closing down for the next few weeks.  Beginning Monday, all K-12 public schools are being closed until April 5.  People who think this is a media "hoax" best look at reality.  We have a cruise scheduled for April 5 and are not planning on going.  Just waiting for RCCL to cancel so we can get a refund.

19 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Unless the US government pauses the PVSA (which I cannot imagine them doing) that won't work, they still have to dock in Canada to be legal cruises.

I had forgotten about the Jones Act,   all the cruise ships are foreign flagged therefore only US registered ships can go from a US to US port

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Our emergency status just started, so hard to predict what it will mean. 

In Florida it's usually just a formality that allows them to receive Federal funding.  Doesn't really change anything but makes people tend to start freaking out even more 🙄

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

But there is contradictory info being said. I heard one doctor say 10m could die before is all over. You cant even believe doctors they put on tv. Taking things with a grain of salt.

Who knows, time will tell.  The same can be sail of politicians; you appear to have a distrust of Como and others appear to distrust the President.  The end result will show who is accurate.

Well I need more books to read, I was going to wait, but with this new state of emergency started here at 11 am, worried to wait.

E-books work well.

What is with the runs on toilet paper. Luckily I had already bought some for both households before this got really started. 

I know why; every time someone coughs the rest of the crowd poop themselves.  (joke font)

I sure hope this is over in a month  or two, or cruises will be not the only thing to worry about.

A month or two, lets try 3-6 as an optimistic minimum.  It isn't going to blow away like fog.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well today was I interesting. I took my 93 year old mom and 101 year old dad to get everyone's taxes done. 

State of emergency started today at 11 am.

Because of the number of people at risk and elderly no more than 10 per room, or in same place. 

Hold up your picture id so they don't have to touch it. They said good thing you came today, we might not be doing taxes next week.

Everything here is totally wierd. 

My friend who rides around in her camper just got back and said there is no toilet paper in the stores in Columbus ohio where she lives.

So dallas is now officially under a state of emergency 

I see on tv up in ny they opened a drive thru testing center  .... for all those who keep saying I'm quoting trump when I clearly said I heard a interview Monday morning by the governor of ny. I still believe the testing kits are being made by the millions ... there is clearly a distribution problem. 

I just heard cuomo?  The governor now saying/asking the federal government to hand over testing to the states. For sure his name isnt trump... I know who is talking and I'm listening to. 

So keep calling me a liar, this thread is toxic. I signed up for dallas morning news virus alerts and watch stocks. They show ny governor quite a lot lately. I know him from trump.

Everyone seems to say I heard trump... nope.

This emergency in dallas wierd. I wanted to buy books at the bookstore. I hope it doesnt close.

Even getting our taxes done was weird today. Too bad I didnt go sooner. One preparer of the 3 where we were was wearing a mask, all had sanitizer 

The newspaper said no more than 250, but it didnt break it down more, I was told today, 10 or less if they are elderly or at risk. That's going to shut down a lot of places. How can a store know who is 70 or older? 

I probably should go now to get books with this emergency declaration here in dallas.

Once the money I have in this cruise is spent, either I get to go april 26, or not, I might be done for a while... this is too wierd. 

This might actually be the strangest post I've seen on this board and that's saying a lot. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Who knows, time will tell.  The same can be sail of politicians; you appear to have a distrust of Como and others appear to distrust the President.  The end result will show who is accurate.

E-books work well.

I know why; every time someone coughs the rest of the crowd poop themselves.  (joke font)

A month or two, lets try 3-6 as an optimistic minimum.  It isn't going to blow away like fog.  

I dont have a distrust of como, I have little to no knowledge of him before this as I said. Just lately they been interviewing him on tv, and he seems calm and ok to me. 

Someone claimed what I heard that I said como was saying a week ago that we know who you heard and he is a proven liar.

I like to take a book to bed, my tablet is harder, but I'll do what I have to.

I'm still in shock over the 10 people or less rule where we got our taxes done, as I saw the max 250 and thought that's not bad, but these people informed me if over 70 or at risk, the rule is 10, and my parents are both.

This whole new dallas emergency status ... I guess ny used to it, just started here today, i got the notification late last night. Going to try and find new track shoes today. Sitting in wet socks and shoes for hours, the soul peeled away. 

Tax people said they might be shut down by next week. That's going to cause problems.

Well I'm off in the rain, to see if this new emergency status affected stores too. Cruise will either go or not, nothing I can do. Good luck. Our opinions matter little, it's in rcl hands.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Floke said:

This might actually be the strangest post I've seen on this board and that's saying a lot. 

And I'm feeling strange, strange morning.

Good luck cruisers

Another way of putting it, my priorities changed today, my cruise a lot less important to me. Sorry for long winded explanation.. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

The Chinese seem to be pretty optimistic - things are starting to get back to normal. Apple reopened all their stores there.

Biker, who thinks cruises may start operating in the same order they shut down.

Edited by Biker19

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I like to take a book to bed, my tablet is harder, but I'll do what I have to.

My wife would agree.

Going to try and find new track shoes today. Sitting in wet socks and shoes for hours, the soul peeled away. 

That sucks, nothing worse than wet socks.  Well except for COVID. 😉 Good luck.

Tax people said they might be shut down by next week. That's going to cause problems.

There will be extensions.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

The Chinese seem to be pretty optimistic - things are starting to get back to normal. Apple reopened all their stores there.

Biker, who thinks cruises may start operating in the same order they shut down.

Except the are over the hump, and it took close to 5-6 months.  I really hope the process is faster here.  If factories are opening then they can manufacture the goods needed here, to fight the virus.  And maybe some toilet paper too. 😉