Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

2 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

I periodically stop in here to be comforted in knowing I am not alone in getting bilked out of money by Princess.

Thank you all  👍 😀

I'll comfort you some more...my 3/22 Regal cruise was canceled by Princess on 3/12. I completed the refund request on 3/14, received acknowledgement from Princess on 3/16. I have received not a penny, not an FCC, absolutely nothing back from Princess and no further email contact. They also canceled my 6/6 Caribbean Princess cruise in April. Refund acknowledgement 4/14.  Likewise, I've not received a dime back (nor any further email) on that one. Then to May...I had 2 cruises booked on Royal Caribbean. A 5/3 Harmony cruise and a 5/11 Independence cruise. Both were canceled on 3/24. I've received encouraging email from RCCL (at least I've gotten SOMETHING)  apologizing for the delay. An email on 5/6 saying basically "check's in the mail" - that they have refunded and I will see the refund on my credit card "in the next few days". They've also suggested if the credit doesn't appear, I should contact my credit card company - seriously this is their advice. Guess what??? It's now 5/13 and not a penny from them either. Who knows if either company actually has processed anything? So PCWalton1, I hope I've helped to comfort you (and I'm not being sarcastic, I truly mean this). I have also taken comfort knowing I'm not the only one in this (pun intended) boat.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, dan4182 said:

I spent about 15 minutes on the phone with a Princess rep yesterday AM.

Two things from our little chat:

They are processing CC refunds based on the scheduled date of sailing. They are issuing refunds for May sailings currently and the refunds are being “hand done” on a case by case basis so everything is going really slowly.

It was a HUGE mistake on their part to ever have mentioned 60 day refunds and Princess’s public image is going to suffer some serious long term damage over this whole SNAFU.

A few random, out of order refunds may have been issued but month by month, sailing date by sailing date is the norm.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Someone is not telling the truth.

My cruise was to depart April 8. I filled in the forms March 14 (60 days ago). At 50 days I received an email saying they are working on it, be patient. Mine was a 35 day cruise so a lot of money for me. I haven't heard of too many people getting their refund (have heard a couple). 

I was told they are doing them in order of sailing. I wish they would be more open to where they are up to, if that is the case. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mfajxc99 said:

Hi guys,

I've just called Princess, got hung up twice but finally someone answered the phone.  Ok, the dude was really nice, he said he was told this morning by his supervisor who also oversees a refund team of 60 people, that they are currently working on CC refunds of pause one customers, they are on schedule to finish the pause one customers refund by the end of May.   I don't know if this is true or just another lie to get us off their back by the end of May.  I really don't know.   My husband told me to sit tight and wait but I just can't 😫

Janet😵

We cancelled our cruise (scheduled for 5/16) on March 10th - prior to the first pause.  We have not received our refund, our FCC, nor any communications from Princess. I don’t regret submitting my credit card dispute last week.

I filled a claim with my credit cared bank.  Think of this.  We have all met young people on our cruises.  They plunked down their money.  They could need it to get by.  I am an old fa--t and can live without the refund.  But by putting pressure on the cruise lines, I believe that we will help of us.  Maybe it will get the government interested.  Hope so.  File a complaint.  It may help.  Could put pressure  on the cruise companies and help all of us especially those who do have a hardship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I also found this from one of the early Princess webinars

JC screenshot.png

Since those who had not paid in full have until May 31 to submit a choice, I would not expect these refunds to start processing until June 1.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jat1977 said:

What was the date of your cruise and did you cancel on your own or did Princess cancel it? 

Cruise was Sky Princess on 28 March. Cancelled on 12 March as soon after Princess announced the first pause. Chose Option 2 so 100% refund and 50% FCC. The Future Cruise Deposit used to book the cruise is back in our account.  

Yesterday I received a cancellation invoice from out travel agent saying I will have a refund onto my cc within 10days, the deposit 2 x fcd will be posted back to my account by Princess 

7 hours ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

Didn’t DL get 6B in taxpayers bailouts in March?

I was answering how many were refunded. I'm not aware about bailout money or how much. Princess has 4.2 billion net right now

2 hours ago, majorjan said:

I was answering how many were refunded. I'm not aware about bailout money or how much. Princess has 4.2 billion net right now

It’s easy to refund taxpayers $$$ which is why the airlines are refunding millions. DL are refunding a tiny portion of what taxpayers are bailing them out so happy to do so. 

If princess received taxpayers $$$ I’m sure refunds would be mostly done already, they have limited funds with all this going on and trying to survive.

I was pointing out it’s easy to give back money you didn’t have to earn or find which Princess doesn’t have the luxury of. 

On 5/12/2020 at 2:56 AM, ceilidh1 said:

My confusion comes in where most (?) people from pause 1 now have the FCCs calculated and posted, whether they chose option 1 or 2. So, if a rep has gone into each of those bookings and taken the time to calculate and create the FCC, surely the refund is an obvious next step on that booking? Why would you only do half of the process? My only thought is that it goes to a different department for approval, but even then there doesn't seem to be a logical reason as to why the FCC can be processed but the refund not.

(And I use the term "most" above loosely, since I still don't have mine)

Not true.  Our 19th March cruise was cancelled on 12th March.  Have had nothing, neither FCC nor Refund and in fact had a communication from my TA two weeks ago that if we continued to press for the refund, it could take ‘many months’.  Yet I read constantly of cudtomers with cancelled cruises after our cruise date who have had both their refund and FCC.  I am seriously of the opinion that we will receive nothing back and will be forced to take a short period credit notefrom our TA if we want to get any value at all out of this cancelled cruise fiasco.  If this proves to be the case, then ‘never again Princess Cruises’.

6 hours ago, antsp said:

Yesterday I received a cancellation invoice from out travel agent saying I will have a refund onto my cc within 10days, the deposit 2 x fcd will be posted back to my account by Princess 

Is this in the US or UK?

12 hours ago, Fredette said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see cruise lines go bankrupt over this, so at this stage I will be surprised if I ever see my money.

I think most lines have money to last a  year. Now if this lasts until next year, I can see lines declaring bankruptcy but still operating. Think of how many times many airlines have declared bankruptcy and still operate. It is the shareholders who would hurt then.

11 hours ago, NRWPA said:

I'll comfort you some more...my 3/22 Regal cruise was canceled by Princess on 3/12. I completed the refund request on 3/14, received acknowledgement from Princess on 3/16. I have received not a penny, not an FCC, absolutely nothing back from Princess and no further email contact. They also canceled my 6/6 Caribbean Princess cruise in April. Refund acknowledgement 4/14.  Likewise, I've not received a dime back (nor any further email) on that one. Then to May...I had 2 cruises booked on Royal Caribbean. A 5/3 Harmony cruise and a 5/11 Independence cruise. Both were canceled on 3/24. I've received encouraging email from RCCL (at least I've gotten SOMETHING)  apologizing for the delay. An email on 5/6 saying basically "check's in the mail" - that they have refunded and I will see the refund on my credit card "in the next few days". They've also suggested if the credit doesn't appear, I should contact my credit card company - seriously this is their advice. Guess what??? It's now 5/13 and not a penny from them either. Who knows if either company actually has processed anything? So PCWalton1, I hope I've helped to comfort you (and I'm not being sarcastic, I truly mean this). I have also taken comfort knowing I'm not the only one in this (pun intended) boat.

Thought I'd post an update...today, I received credit for all that I paid for the first of my May cruises with Royal Caribbean. I assume the refunds are being done in nightly batches but still silence from Princess

• Like 1

We canceled our summer cruise to Europe on March 27. My TA advised me that the cancelation date of the cruise has no bearing on the processing of the refund.  It is based on the date of the cruise.  Since our's was July 11, I'll be lucky to see a refund by Christmas.  

Princess has really dropped the ball on this.  I find it hard to believe that the refunds are taking this long.  They can sure bill the credit card within minutes of booking a cruise, but it takes months to refund to the same credit card.I don't think so.  Just reverse the original charge.  No brainer.

We have two Princess cruises next year.  We are contemplating canceling both as we are in the age group that is most susceptible  Covid 19  and we are very reluctant to get on a plane.  Maybe I should cancel those now and hope I get my deposit back by July 4, 2021.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

It’s easy to refund taxpayers $$$ which is why the airlines are refunding millions. DL are refunding a tiny portion of what taxpayers are bailing them out so happy to do so. 

If princess received taxpayers $$$ I’m sure refunds would be mostly done already, they have limited funds with all this going on and trying to survive.

I was pointing out it’s easy to give back money you didn’t have to earn or find which Princess doesn’t have the luxury of. 

Airlines are still viable businesses and generating income.  Cruise lines are not.  

No matter where the money comes from we have gotten all of our money back from airlines, hotels, tour companies, and another cruise line.  Princess did not EARN our money because they canceled cruises that never happened that we paid for.  Where I come from that is basic fraud.

Nobody really knows what is going on at Princess except what they say does not even come close to matching their actions.  

That is the problem.  If they are not going to pay refunds then just be honest and say you are not going to be receiving a refund.

That appears to be the reality of the situation anyway at this time.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PrincessLuver said:

Airlines are still viable businesses and generating income.  Cruise lines are not.  

No matter where the money comes from we have gotten all of our money back from airlines, hotels, tour companies, and another cruise line.  Princess did not EARN our money because they canceled cruises that never happened that we paid for.

Where I come from that is basic fraud.

Nobody really knows what is going on at Princess except what they say does not even come close to matching their actions.  

That is the problem.  If they are not going to pay refunds then just be honest and say you are not going to be receiving a refund.

That appears to be the reality of the situation anyway at this time.

Airlines are viable because of the bailouts, if they would have survived this without the bailouts then they shouldn’t receive bailouts.

Princess will refund monies, it is taking time to figure out every thing as every single persons booking is different even people in the same cabin - some purchasing extras, some using FCD, some not etc etc.

I sure hope after all your accusations of Princess on CC you never plan to cruise with them again and maybe request a name change 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Here it is again:

1. Departure Date order

2. UP TO 60 days from time they received your choice of option 1 or 2

So, my cruise was March 14th. My choice was submitted March 12th. They failed on both counts!

60 day processing.png

Is that an old screen shot?  I am still seeing this one that has been there for a couple weeks now and it removed any specificity in terms of processing order and timing:

image.png.4b46f82b166f1e893a849b950525ccb3.png