Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

8 hours ago, Worldpeek said:

I'm wondering if anyone out there is in my situation.  We cancelled our Ruby Princess March 21 cruise on March 11, just hours before the March 12 global suspension by Princess.  It is obvious that we are part of Pause 1 cruises but to date have not received our refund or FCC.  Filed dispute with cc about 2 weeks ago.  Received our shore excursion refund a few days later through cc but still waiting to see who refunds cruise first.  My question to all is, are they still processing pause 1 folks?  Anyone out there still waiting that's in pause 1 AND cancelled before Princess did?

Yes.  I cancelled on March 9 for a March 14 cruise.  Received FCCs, but selected Option 2 and still haven't received my refund.

12 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

Oh, and called my CC to dispute the charge on 5/14.  Message on phone says to only call them if you have an emergency.... lost card/ stranded someplace, etc.  So I emailed them...and still haven't heard back from them either.

Was that Chase? I got that message also. Though I stayed on the phone and spoke to someone. If you want the direct Chase dispute number, I may have it.

20 minutes ago, Coral said:

Was that Chase? I got that message also. Though I stayed on the phone and spoke to someone. If you want the direct Chase dispute number, I may have it.

It was Chase...I guess I should have stayed on the phone!  If you have their direct dispute number I would love it.  Feeling very frustrated.

5 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

It was Chase...I guess I should have stayed on the phone!  If you have their direct dispute number I would love it.  Feeling very frustrated.

I believe this is it:

888-489-8452

Edited to add: Not open on weekends

Edited by Coral

9 hours ago, Worldpeek said:

I'm wondering if anyone out there is in my situation.  We cancelled our Ruby Princess March 21 cruise on March 11, just hours before the March 12 global suspension by Princess.  It is obvious that we are part of Pause 1 cruises but to date have not received our refund or FCC.  Filed dispute with cc about 2 weeks ago.  Received our shore excursion refund a few days later through cc but still waiting to see who refunds cruise first.  My question to all is, are they still processing pause 1 folks?  Anyone out there still waiting that's in pause 1 AND cancelled before Princess did?

We cancelled our 3/13 sailing on March 9.  Selected option #1.  Received taxes back on our credit card same day. FCC for base fare in our accounts May 15.  Still waiting for the 125% bonus FCC.

We still have not received a refund on our March 14 cruise.  We picked option one and received the cruise credit about 2 weeks ago but no refund of fees, taxes or prepaid grats and services.  I finally called them today and they said they are really close.  I kind of felt like I was just being put on.

Cruise Ship – Island Princess

Sail Date – June 25, 2020

My Cancellation Date – March 7, 2020

Cruise Cancellation Date – Well, its been cancelled now, but I am uncertain just when that happened

Time since cancellation – 84 Days

All excursions we had booked through the ship (and all non-ship) were refunded within a week.  The Cruise Fare has been a different story.  I call at least once per week.  Initially, payment was to be in fifteen days, then 15 working days, then 30 days, then 45 days, then 60 days, then up to 90 days. While I cancelled before the CLIA shut down of many cruises, I heard nothing.  Sometime in about late April, Princess began to indicate the processing order was by cruise date.  I have submitted disputes to both of my credit card companies.  This week there was a more positive update.  The representative indicated that my refund should be processed on 05/31 and I should see it on my credit card by June 4th.  That would be 89 days.  We’ll see.

• Like 1

success success success!!!!   Dont get too excited - still  0 refund
but after  only 66 days of pondering they have agreed the percentage
of the refund for our cancelled mid-cruise sailed 10 March.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, nho9504 said:

If you dont mind the trouble you can file a claim at your state's Small Claims Court to sue Princess for them holding your money without providing a service.

Each state has its own statue and regulation on how Small Claims Court works.  You will need to do some research to see how your state's are and how to proceed.

Besides, the email Princess sent on Mar 12 on its voluntarily suspend operation that covers your sailing period, would / should be a proof that the cruiseline canceled your cruise and not the government regulations to cancel.  That came later.

Sadly, Princess owes me over 3 times too much to file in Small Claims Court. The upper limit in California is $10,000.

16 hours ago, nho9504 said:

The Customer Relations tel is 661-753-0000  X44411.

Need to listen to all the prompts to finish before you punch the extension.  Else you would be thrown into a loop and may eventually be disconnected.

Thank you! I will definitely give this a try on Monday.

The Nov.5 ,2020 cruise we were taking from Brooklyn to some Caribbean ports has not been cancelled by Princess,but by us. We have received a refund today.This may not be the situation for many other posters who have paid the full cruise fare on a cruise which Princess cancelled and are waiting for a refund from Princess.

I wanted to post that we have been notified by email of a credit for the refundable deposit by Princess today. I had called Princess about two weeks ago about cancelling the cruise. In light of others’ frustration about not receiving refunds,I wanted to mention this credit to our account.

For those continuing to have difficulty securing a refund,my information may help if it is mentioned in any request for a refund.. 

Actually,after reading many posts about the refund situations, I was a bit surprised that such a credit was posted in a fairly timely manner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since tomorrow is May 31st, the deadline for pause 1 to submit option 1/2 requests, I wonder if all of us still waiting on refunds and FCCs might be processed on Monday? Really hoping this is the case...

• Like 2

On March 12, Princess cancelled my transatlantic that was to sail April 19.  That very day (3-12) I opted for a full refund plus 25% future credit.  I have received several general emails saying they are "working on it" but haven't seen a refund yet, so 80 days and counting!  Friends who were sailing with me cancelled on March 10,  2 days before Princess cancelled all cruises, and they got a full refund 2 weeks ago.  Makes absolutely no sense.

Edited by flahagan
put in wrong date

5 minutes ago, flahagan said:

On March 12, Princess cancelled my transatlantic that was to sail April 19.  That very day (3-12) I opted for a full refund plus 25% future credit.  I have received several general emails saying they are "working on it" but haven't seen a refund yet, so 80 days and counting!  Friends who were sailing with me cancelled on March 10,  2 days before Princess cancelled all cruises, and they got a full refund 2 weeks ago.  Makes absolutely no sense.

I was supposed to be on that sailing and the one after (cancelled March 6th) and still haven't received my refund. I believe they released another batch of refunds on Friday. Let's hope we get ours next week. I did contest this with my credit card 2 weeks ago. I have friends on this sailing also and they have already received their refund.

I still don't have my FCC either.

Edited by Coral

5 minutes ago, flahagan said:

We were going to be on a May 9th, 2020 TA when Princess canceled March 12th, 2020.  We got tired of the emails with changing refund dates and we filed a credit card dispute and credit card company ruled in our favor and money was refunded.  Our friends who were cruising with us were on the same cruise and yesterday received a full refund from Princess.  We had both chosen Option #2 on March 12, 2020.  You are correct.....makes no sense.

6 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

We were going to be on a May 9th, 2020 TA when Princess canceled March 12th, 2020.  We got tired of the emails with changing refund dates and we filed a credit card dispute and credit card company ruled in our favor and money was refunded.  Our friends who were cruising with us were on the same cruise and yesterday received a full refund from Princess.  We had both chosen Option #2 on March 12, 2020.  You are correct.....makes no sense.

How long did it take from the time you filed the dispute and win the dispute? And what bank credit card.

Edited by Coral

Hi guys,

When I called Princess last Wednesday (May 27, 2020), I was told that my refunds have been processed on May 22, 2020 and it should get to my credit cards by the end of the week, which was May 29, 2020.   Of course that didn't happen, I was planning to call the Customer Relations direct number on Monday.

However, out of boredom, I've placed another call to Princess this afternoon, yes, today is Saturday and all the important people just don't work on Saturday,  to my big surprise, an agent came on the phone very quickly, less than 5 minutes.😳  She told me my refunds were "released" yesterday, that meant that the funds have left Princess's account and gone to my credit card number XXXX and XXXX.  I've used two Chase cards to pay for my cruise fares and excursions, so this new information actually sounded a lot more promising. 

I guess I'd still call the Customer Relations and ask about this again on Monday,   since I've got nothing better to do.  😬

Sail Date: April 25, 2020.  

Option #2 :  March 16

25% FCC :  April 23, 2020

Janet

Edited by mfajxc99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

The Nov.5 ,2020 cruise we were taking from Brooklyn to some Caribbean ports has not been cancelled by Princess,but by us. We have received a refund today.

Had you made full payment for this cruise, or was your refund just the deposit (or other) amount?  Also, when did you cancel?

Cherylandtk-

We received a refund for our deposit of $200.00

Full payment was due by early August. My husband was certain that we were not going on this cruise due to Covid-19,our ages and my respiratory issues. He did not want to wait for final payment to cancel,so I called Princess about  two weeks ago. 

As I posted,we were surprised to get the refund credited to our credit card in the short time frame given what I have read here about the delays in Princess customers’ refunds.

We are Platinum loyalty level on Princess,but I am not sure that this has anything to do with getting our refund.

Good luck to you !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

We are Platinum loyalty level on Princess,but I am not sure that this has anything to do with getting our refund.

Doubt it. We're both elite and have the easiest of all transactions. I requested to cash in 6 FCC's for $600. Day 61 and counting...

• Like 1

Hi,

We received today a CC credit for the deposit for our September cruise that we cancelled through our TA on April 29. Still waiting for second deposit to be credited but I was pleasantly surprised to see it ONLY took 30 days!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1