Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

59 minutes ago, MarkieMark16 said:

AND now I discover that the bank dispute won't help..    Is anyone else getting this answer?

After researching the details of your claim we have determined that we are unable to reverse this transaction from the merchant. 

A Government ban limiting services or the delivery of merchandise supersedes the scope that governs Visa rules. In situations where a government mandate interrupts regular merchant services, account holders must work directly with merchants to conciliate impacted services. An alternative option is to work directly with the merchant and resolve your dispute. 

If you choose to work with the merchant keep in mind that there’s no deadline for a direct resolution. We understand that this is not the outcome that you may have hoped for.

Even though we will no longer be proceeding with your dispute claim, this investigation in no way negatively impacts your good standing. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time. 

If you need any assistance with any other issues, please send us a new support message letting us know how we can help.

can you give ve some details?

what Visa is it? Bank

what did you submit for your dispute?

receipt, cancellation? Contact with Princess by you / TA? Etc

did you look up terms of filing dispute with your credit card first?

15 minutes ago, dog said:

can you give ve some details?

what Visa is it? Bank

what did you submit for your dispute?

receipt, cancellation? Contact with Princess by you / TA? Etc

did you look up terms of filing dispute with your credit card first?

On another post they mentioned it being "a debit card".

• Thanks 1

I was part of Pause 1.  I cancelled my March 19th Sky Princess cruise and am still waiting for my FCC -Option 1.  I'm on day 77 since I submitted my form.

I am losing patience.  Ticketmaster refunded my 2 baseball games in under 20 days.  If you think of all the concerts, sporting events etc. they are dealing with, it seems Princess could do much better.  

• Like 1

On 3/10 called our TA to cancel our 3/14 cruise.  On 3/12 we completed the paperwork and submitted our choice of all FCC with the additional 100% FCC being offered.  On 3/15 received confirmation from Princess that our request was received.  A few days later our credit card was refunded the port charges of $280.  On May 6th received another request from Princess asking if we wanted Option 1 or 2.  Thought it was strange but figured they were just confirming. Submitted that request and received another confirmation of receipt from Princess a few days later.  On 5/29 $100 from the FCC we used as the deposit on the cruise when it was booked is in each if our Circle accounts. It’s been 79 days and we have not received any FCC from the cruise itself or any of the additional FCC promised.  

Just got off phone with Princess rep.  Cancelled Crown Princess 3 /16/2020 cruise on 3/ 6 /2020, filed claim on 3/13 /2020 for option 2.  Have talked to them several times, was once told I would get refund in a couple of weeks.  that was almost 4 weeks ago.  this rep. told me they have not even started processing my refund and has no idea when they would start processing much less sending refund.

2 hours ago, MarkieMark16 said:

AND now I discover that the bank dispute won't help..    Is anyone else getting this answer?

Of course they maybe just sidelining you.

This may suggest they are hiding behind something that has not happened

IF they had sent that message after 1 June they would have had to send proof of Gov Intervention.

At least that is how I read it.   Maybe some legal eagles can comment.

https://www.visa.co.uk/dam/VCOM/regional/ve/unitedkingdom/PDF/merchant-news-digest/Disputes_VBN_Apr23.pdf 

Edited by Aulanis

22 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Of course they maybe just sidelining you.

This may suggest they are hiding behind something that has not happened

IF they had sent that message after 1 June they would have had to send proof of Gov Intervention.

At least that is how I read it.   Maybe some legal eagles can comment.

https://www.visa.co.uk/dam/VCOM/regional/ve/unitedkingdom/PDF/merchant-news-digest/Disputes_VBN_Apr23.pdf 

did they use a debit card?

40 minutes ago, recia said:

Just got off phone.      Have talked to them several times, was once told I would get refund in a couple of weeks.  that was almost 4 weeks ago.  this rep. told me they have not even started processing my refund and has no idea when they would start processing much less sending refund.

It sounds like she/ he is just fed up.  
sorry you have to wait so long 

16 minutes ago, dog said:

did they use a debit card?

On 4/17/2020 at 10:43 PM, MarkieMark16 said:

It wasn't a credit card, it was a debit card.  Different rules.  It was just suggested that starting that process was demanding and should only be used as a last resort. 

4 hours ago, MarkieMark16 said:

Here's my beef.  Princess insisted on getting their money 90 days in advance of my cruise departing... to which I agreed.  Paid IN FULL!  Now, they leave me no opportunity for a 2020 vacation, either with them (no cruises) or anyone else (they are keeping my money indefinitely.)  And providing me NO info (no response to emails, phone calls- I can't wait on the phone 1/2 hour- or from my TA - direct quote from TA "I don't know what you're going to get your money and nobody at Princess does either".) No matter what the problem is or the situation, this is bad form from a customer service standpoint. The least that could be done is some sort of regular communication about what the process is - be transparent about it.  Not impressed. 

AND now I discover that the bank dispute won't help..    

This is heartbreaking.   It doesn't appear that Princess has any concern for you or your family. 

On 5/28/2020 at 9:05 AM, remydiva said:

Mine looks like too.. FCD is back, $$ to credit card back on Monday but no extra 25% FCC.. you’d think it would be done at same time as they wrap up a customers booking.🤷‍♀️

Remydiva,  I can’t remember...were you in pause 1 and cancelled before Princess announced the first pause?  

4 hours ago, MarkieMark16 said:

Here's my beef.  Princess insisted on getting their money 90 days in advance of my cruise departing... to which I agreed.  Paid IN FULL!  Now, they leave me no opportunity for a 2020 vacation, either with them (no cruises) or anyone else (they are keeping my money indefinitely.)  And providing me NO info (no response to emails, phone calls- I can't wait on the phone 1/2 hour- or from my TA - direct quote from TA "I don't know what you're going to get your money and nobody at Princess does either".) No matter what the problem is or the situation, this is bad form from a customer service standpoint. The least that could be done is some sort of regular communication about what the process is - be transparent about it.  Not impressed. 

After researching the details of your claim we have determined that we are unable to reverse this transaction from the merchant. 

A Government ban limiting services or the delivery of merchandise supersedes the scope that governs Visa rules. In situations where a government mandate interrupts regular merchant services, account holders must work directly with merchants to conciliate impacted services. An alternative option is to work directly with the merchant and resolve your dispute. 

If you choose to work with the merchant keep in mind that there’s no deadline for a direct resolution. We understand that this is not the outcome that you may have hoped for.

Even though we will no longer be proceeding with your dispute claim, this investigation in no way negatively impacts your good standing. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time. 

If you need any assistance with any other issues, please send us a new support message letting us know how we can help.

If you are part if pause 1, Princess VOLUNTARILY cancelled all cruises. All of the documentation states that. It was not mandated by government until AFTER they cancelled. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Worldpeek said:

I'm wondering if anyone out there is in my situation.  We cancelled our Ruby Princess March 21 cruise on March 11, just hours before the March 12 global suspension by Princess.  It is obvious that we are part of Pause 1 cruises but to date have not received our refund or FCC.  Filed dispute with cc about 2 weeks ago.  Received our shore excursion refund a few days later through cc but still waiting to see who refunds cruise first.  My question to all is, are they still processing pause 1 folks?  Anyone out there still waiting that's in pause 1 AND cancelled before Princess did?

I'm with you...

I cancelled March 10th for my March 14th sailing. Princess cancelled 2 days later and I submitted my request for option 1. I have received nothing - no FCC, no port fees, no pre-paid grats, no shorex, nothing. I called them a week ago to follow up and was told nothing had been done to process as I had cancelled before Princess and they would not be dealing with those cancellations until after the Princess cancellations (not sure if this is true, but this is what I was told). I have already filed a credit card dispute so hopefully that will move things along a little.

32 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Remydiva,  I can’t remember...were you in pause 1 and cancelled before Princess announced the first pause?  

Yes we were in Pause1

WE cancelled on Mar 5 As hubby is at risk health wise (after getting the email from princess reassuring all was well and If we did NOT cancel, here’s some extraOBC. )

Applied for AON insurance cancel

fir any reason .

Mar 12 Pause 1.. applied for option 2 while AON insurance claim still in the works.

Mar17 AON closed our claim

saying Princess was handling the refund.

Got about 50% back on credit card in April.

Got FCD back two weeks ago.

Got rest of $$ refund on Friday May 22.

Still have NOT got extra 25% FCC.

3 hours ago, Worldpeek said:

I'm wondering if anyone out there is in my situation.  We cancelled our Ruby Princess March 21 cruise on March 11, just hours before the March 12 global suspension by Princess.  It is obvious that we are part of Pause 1 cruises but to date have not received our refund or FCC.  Filed dispute with cc about 2 weeks ago.  Received our shore excursion refund a few days later through cc but still waiting to see who refunds cruise first.  My question to all is, are they still processing pause 1 folks?  Anyone out there still waiting that's in pause 1 AND cancelled before Princess did?

Yes, I’m in the same boat as you.    I’m in pause 1 and cancelled before Princess announced their first pause.  My cruise was on 3/28 and I canceled on 2/25.  Still waiting.  I’m considered to be in pause 1.

6 minutes ago, remydiva said:

Yes we were in Pause1

WE cancelled on Mar 5 As hubby is at risk health wise (after getting the email from princess reassuring all was well and If we did NOT cancel, here’s some extraOBC. )

Applied for AON insurance cancel

fir any reason .

Mar 12 Pause 1.. applied for option 2 while AON insurance claim still in the works.

Mar17 AON closed our claim

saying Princess was handling the refund.

Got about 50% back on credit card in April.

Got FCD back two weeks ago.

Got rest of $$ refund on Friday May 22.

Still have NOT got extra 25% FCC.

That’s great to hear they are making progress on some of us.  I wonder why they refunded your credit card in two transactions.

Your FCC will probably follow shortly. It doesn’t make sense that they do these transactions so piecemeal. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

That’s great to hear they are making progress on some of us.  I wonder why they refunded your credit card in two transactions.

Your FCC will probably follow shortly. It doesn’t make sense that they do these transactions so piecemeal. 

Credit card in two amounts as the first one was because we fell in the 50% penalty cancellation ‘fee’ period ( as you get closer to sail date you are penalized more for cancelling) thus we started the claim on insurance to recoup the rest.

we were April 19 sail date.

Edited by remydiva

11 minutes ago, remydiva said:

Credit card in two amounts as the first one was because we fell in the 50% penalty cancellation ‘fee’ period ( as you get closer to sail date you are penalized more for cancelling) thus we started the claim on insurance to recoup the rest.

we were April 19 sail date.

Yes, this makes sense.  Similar to mine...I cancelled 2/25 and received 50% refund to credit card a few days later.  I’m waiting for the other 50% equivalent to the portion you got May 22.

12 hours ago, CJinSF said:

7 hours ago, MarkieMark16 said:

If you dont mind the trouble you can file a claim at your state's Small Claims Court to sue Princess for them holding your money without providing a service.

Each state has its own statue and regulation on how Small Claims Court works.  You will need to do some research to see how your state's are and how to proceed.

Besides, the email Princess sent on Mar 12 on its voluntarily suspend operation that covers your sailing period, would / should be a proof that the cruiseline canceled your cruise and not the government regulations to cancel.  That came later.

Edited by nho9504

11 hours ago, CJinSF said:

Hi, would you please share with us all the Customer Relations phone number? I have been unsuccessful at getting past the front line folks.

The Customer Relations tel is 661-753-0000  X44411.

Need to listen to all the prompts to finish before you punch the extension.  Else you would be thrown into a loop and may eventually be disconnected.

• Like 2