Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

6 minutes ago, CJinSF said:

Apparently, it varies. Here's mine:

Screenshot_20200623-081427_Samsung Internet.jpg

Interesting but not surprising about the variation.  Maybe it varies by the pause?  My cruise was in pause 1 and was to sail on May 9.  Or maybe it's something typed by the person processing the FCC?  I would think they would have a dropdown pre-filled with explanations from which to choose but this thing has been so bizarre that typed reasons would not be out of the realm of possibility.  Or maybe I should stop trying to determine a rhyme or reason to this whole process when there is none?

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

Interesting but not surprising about the variation.  Maybe it varies by the pause?  My cruise was in pause 1 and was to sail on May 9.  Or maybe it's something typed by the person processing the FCC?  I would think they would have a dropdown pre-filled with explanations from which to choose but this thing has been so bizarre that typed reasons would not be out of the realm of possibility.  Or maybe I should stop trying to determine a rhyme or reason to this whole process when there is none?

or it will drive you crazy.....lol

• Like 1

Got all of my refunds today- over 9k.  Sail date was June 13th to Alaska on the Ruby, canceled by Princess on 4/14 I think.  So glad I didn't have to wait as long as others had.  Just wanted to post to give some people hope, all of the amounts look correct- even got the water bottle and massage refunds today as well.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I wish mine just said "book by". It says: Book By 05/01/22 and Sail By 05/01/22

Was booked on the Crown departing Barcelona on May 23rd.

Princess cancelled April 14th. Submitted for Option 2 the same day. Got the Princess confirmation of my request.

Received exact funds to credit card June 18 (cruise fare, EZ air, taxes)

Just waiting for prepaid grats and shore excursion to be refunded.

I did not contact Princess to inquire about the status of my refund, nor did I file a dispute with credit card company.

Hope everyone has their accounts resolved soon.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Coral said:

You may want to try to cover up your Credit ID #. See if a moderator will help.

Thanks, Coral. But haven't we all been told many times that FCCs aren't transferable?

Just off the phone with Princess (their representatives as so nice even through all this), she validated that the credit was sent to my credit card as of 6/19 (sailing was May 28th and I cancelled the trip (UK 12 day) on March 23rd).  FFC including the value of the insurance and our deposit still being processed.  So just a little over 90 days.  I did file a claim with my CC on 6/5, to see if that helped to move things along.  Not sure it did, but now I should get a big credit (and eventual check) very soon.  BTW, this included EZAir, but we never made our ShoreX or onboard reservation.

I wonder if they will go back to charging for onboard dining, spa and shoreX onboard, verses prepaying everything.  That would have made the crediting process much easier.  Time will tell.  Now looking for something next summer to sail close to home!  Hope they add more Caribbean sailing for the summer.  Keep the faith. . .looks like 90 -100 days is the sweetspot.

• Like 1

I continue to be amazed by the incompetence of Princess throughout this process. Still nothing refunded for my March 14th sailing, cancelled March 10th - 105 days and counting. Yet, today, I received the refund for my August sailing back to my card. The frustrating thing is that the August cruise was only a deposit and I had requested the double FCC - TWICE - rather than the refund. I'm starting to think I am being punked….

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, rrusso81 said:

Got all of my refunds today- over 9k.  Sail date was June 13th to Alaska on the Ruby, canceled by Princess on 4/14 I think.  So glad I didn't have to wait as long as others had.  Just wanted to post to give some people hope, all of the amounts look correct- even got the water bottle and massage refunds today as well.

Princess said that Pause 2 and Pause 3 cruises would be processed faster than Pause 1 cruises were.

Since your cruise was a Pause 2 one, it looks like that is true. They were not going to start processing Pause 2 cruises until after the May 31 deadline for picking an option, so it looks like yours was processed about three weeks after they started the Pause 2 processing.

10 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I continue to be amazed by the incompetence of Princess throughout this process. Still nothing refunded for my March 14th sailing, cancelled March 10th - 105 days and counting. Yet, today, I received the refund for my August sailing back to my card. The frustrating thing is that the August cruise was only a deposit and I had requested the double FCC - TWICE - rather than the refund. I'm starting to think I am being punked….

Princess claimed last month that all Pause 1 processing had been completed. Since your booking has obviously not been processed, I suggest contacting Princess to make sure it has not been overlooked somehow.

6 minutes ago, caribill said:

Princess claimed last month that all Pause 1 processing had been completed. Since your booking has obviously not been processed, I suggest contacting Princess to make sure it has not been overlooked somehow.

If they claimed that, they are definitely lying. I called just a few days ago on behalf of a client (same sailing I was on) and got the same answer about "being patient". I also have many coworker TAs still waiting on pause 1/March sailings to be refunded. They have moved on to pause 2 but have not completed pause 1....

I am no longer calling them for my booking. I'm done with them. Instead, I disputed with my credit card. Let them talk to them.

Edited by ceilidh1
detail
  • Like 2

Received full refund to our credit card for our June 12th sailing on June 18th.  FCCs were also returned to our account. Cancellation date was April 14th (by Princess). I did not file a dispute with the CC company.

There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Edited by Greyhound3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Received Option 1 FCCs yesterday for the mid-cruise cancellation (left ship March 16th), and received a cheque/check in the mail for the refundable OBCs owing (although it was about $80 less than final OBC statement). Not CC credit yet for taxes and fees, etc.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

If they claimed that, they are definitely lying. I called just a few days ago on behalf of a client (same sailing I was on) and got the same answer about "being patient". I also have many coworker TAs still waiting on pause 1/March sailings to be refunded. They have moved on to pause 2 but have not completed pause 1....

I mis-quoted them, they really said that all bookings where the Pause 1 option had been submitted by May 10th had been completed. They were waiting for the May 31 decision deadline to process the rest.

So if someone had submitted their Pause 1 option by May 10 and has not received their FCC/refund, he/she should contact Princess to find out why not.

4 minutes ago, caribill said:

I mis-quoted them, they really said that all bookings where the Pause 1 option had been submitted by May 10th had been completed. They were waiting for the May 31 decision deadline to process the rest.

So if someone had submitted their Pause 1 option by May 10 and has not received their FCC/refund, he/she should contact Princess to find out why not.

Yes, I and my client, both submitted requests March 12th. I have contacted them many times for both myself and client and get no joy. Standard answers to get you off the phone. Different answers depending on the rep you get. No consistency. At 75 days post cancellation, I decided I was not going to deal with them any longer and just started the dispute process. My client has held out and not disputed yet so I continue to call weekly for her and get nothing. Fellow TAs report the same frustration, lack of clarity, and no answers....

Pre Pause1 Cruisers Cancelled by Princess & FCC

Are you getting your FCC? Hopefully you got a refund as I did but .......

In my case, I was told by my PVP to complete the form and did so. Princess acknowledged it on 03/12/20. Now that the same cruises next year have increased I'd appreciate if they'd hold up their end of the agreement and issue the FCC. If I get that then it doesn't cost me anymore to do it next year.

I call but no one can answer my question.  Currently calendaring it to call every 30 days. It's not cash so a cash crunch shouldn't be it

(4 cancelled by Princess, partially compensated for 2 -- 2 still waiting)

100 Day Update:

-From Princess: Crickets. No email, no Option 1 or 2, no FCC, no refund.  Phone calls get me the same answers as Ceilidh1....’’we’re working on it”.

-From Credit Card disputes: ~75% of refund due posted as provisional credit.  Not sure how CC figured the amount, waiting for resolution.

Cancel date: March 16 (64 days prior; penalty is/was just deposit at that point) for May 19 departure.

Princess subsequently cancelled the entire cruise on April 14.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2020 at 8:10 AM, robsaw said:

Cruise booked on Royal departing July 4. Cancelled by Princess April 14.

Deposit refunded received Jun 18. Refund for excursions not received yet.

Excursion refund received Jun 22. All refunded after 69 days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Coral said:

I wish mine just said "book by". It says: Book By 05/01/22 and Sail By 05/01/22

Wish I had an FCC   so I could see when it expires. At this rate it could well have expired before I receive it. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1