Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

We got our full refund (cruise fare/pre-paid shore excursions) back two days ago.  Took a total of 64 days.  I was actually surprised as I thought it would be at least another 30 days.  Our cruise was for May 16th and was cancelled on April 14, 2020.....

Bob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still waiting. DAY 99 since Princess canceled on 3/12, Option 2 request received email 3/16. FCC on Princess page 6/1, "applied" to fully paid cruise 6/6 (don't know what they could have applied it to), re-added to account after my phone call 6/8 but no credit card refund for anything. Cruise: Regal 3/22/2020.

Second cruise - DAY 66 since Princess canceled on 4/14, Option 2 request received email 4/14. No FCC involved. No credit card refund. Cruise: Caribbean Princess 6/6/2020

Judging by some of the response in the last few days. Princess seem to be working on processing pause 2 cruises (those after May 11th, cancelled April 14th). I am still waiting on my refund for pause 1 but am no longer worrying about it since I disputed with my credit card and have provisional credits applied. I did call yesterday on behalf of my client that was also sailing March 14th and cancelled March 9th. She received a portion of the refund within 4 days but still waiting on the rest. She chose option 1 so is still waiting for the bonus FCCs. I got a very nice, sympathetic rep who couldn't tell me anything new but was at least able to confirm that all the amounts I had calculated were correct and that it was being worked on (ugh). She did say something I hadn't heard before - "What people don't realise is that when Princess cancelled, they had no idea they would be continuing to cancel more and more sailings, so it just created a backlog that we haven't been able to catch up on." I thought about this for a moment and then pointed out that if they had processed in sailing date order as they had originally said they would, then the early March cruises would/should have been processed by the time the next cancellations mid April were announced...so less of a backlog? No response there....I am fortunate that my client is not overly concerned about getting what she is due and is in no hurry to rebook just yet but many of my fellow TAs are losing clients because of the way Princess is handling things. That is very concerning.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

.I am fortunate that my client is not overly concerned about getting what she is due and is in no hurry to rebook just yet but many of my fellow TAs are losing clients because of the way Princess is handling things. That is very concerning.

I would have liked to receive all my refunds or FCCs quicker but I am sure it will happen.  Out of 5 cancelled cruises waiting on the bonus FCCs for three cruises and either a refund or FCCs for my 6 June cruise.  Can't imagine why someone would drop their TA because of the way Princess is handling the refund/FCC process.

2 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

I would have liked to receive all my refunds or FCCs quicker but I am sure it will happen.  Out of 5 cancelled cruises waiting on the bonus FCCs for three cruises and either a refund or FCCs for my 6 June cruise.  Can't imagine why someone would drop their TA because of the way Princess is handling the refund/FCC process.

Many people see this as the TA's responsibility as that is ultimately who they booked with (even though the TA has no power right now). The ever changing answers are frustrating and causing people to lose confidence - they see it as the TA changing/stalling rather than the cruiseline as the customer doesn't speak with the cruiseline. I told my client she would get her refund in 10 days, as that is what Princess told me. Then 30 days. Then 60 days. Now all I can tell her is that they are working on it. She is a seasoned cruiser, so gets it. Others don't.

@ceilidh1  To be honest it has never entered my mind to involve my TA in this fiasco.  Yes, we have talked, but I never asked her to intervene.  I really don't see it as her responsibility.  I think of my situation as purely a Princess issue.  They made promises, it is up to them to make good on their promises.  But, because the cruise was paid to Princess on my Chase credit card I am attempting (still, UGH!) a dispute/claim with Chase.  This has not gone well at all, in fact I am sitting on hold with Chase waiting for a supervisor as I type this.

50 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I thought about this for a moment and then pointed out that if they had processed in sailing date order as they had originally said they would, then the early March cruises would/should have been processed by the time the next cancellations mid April were announced...so less of a backlog? No response there...

Maybe because the answer was that from the announcement to Mid April

they didnt have the money available?  Dont think he could say that 😉

I am just hoping to get our refund before they have phase 4. kicking in  and therefore maybe doing refunds on cruises that were paid for using late April refunds?

• Like 1

We received our refunds to credit card, posted June 12. I just called today and heard this good news. 

It was for May 11 and the May 17 cruises from LA to Vancouver. 

We waited for Princess to cancel. 

Hoping to be able to cruise with Princess again, maybe next year. 

• Like 2

Update on my booking (April 19 Regal 26 nights plus 4 nights hotel):

After taking a break on thinking about Princess and refund after they finally refunded me 90 days after cancelling, I decided to go back to look at the figures as I thought I was short. 

My agent had called on April 2nd and had received refund amount. I don't want to say my booking was confusing but I had 2 EZ air refunds after booking air and had 2 credit cards involved (one for air and one for cruise). Princess had wrongly refunded the wrong credit card for an air refund which I didn't care about but could be considered confusing when looking at numbers. And then their refund between the 2 cards made no sense to me on how they calculated that.

When I got my refund, I knew it was off. I finally today went through the numbers and called Princess. I didn't know if they would speak to me because I used an agent. BTW - Princess hours are reduced now on weekends. I did have probably a 20 minute wait on the phone.

The guy I spoke with was very patient, professional, nice and helpful. I would rate him exceptional from a Customer Service stand point. He went through the same numbers my agent had emailed me on April 2nd. He agreed my refund was short. He made notations on my account that would send it back to Accounting to re-look at the numbers that he, myself and my agent all agree on should be my refund. The amount is less than $200 and is not a round number so it isn't a FCD (and there wasn't one).

Just a reminder to everyone to check the refund to make sure it is accurate.

• Like 4

On 6/18/2020 at 2:45 PM, PHOENIXfire said:

Canceled March 6 for cruise for April 7. Asked for option 1 got option 2 no rhyme or reason how this happens???? Full refund June 17 to CC to the penny! Was made whole and fine with me but not a single perk as promised. Won't be drinking there coolaid BS. Caveat emptor!! 

We were refunded Jun13.  The FCC perk took 5 more days to show up, but It did.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Coral said:

Just a reminder to everyone to check the refund to make sure it is accurate.

They say our figures are finalised awaiting payment  ( believe that if you will)

BUT I have asked on 2 occasions  if they will send me the figures so I can

reconcile my accounts ( sounds good)  and they say they cant they dont know what they are and I should ask our TA????   - asked again on friday so see what they say next week though they apparently dont have to reply for 56 Days

according to ABTA.

2 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

They say our figures are finalised awaiting payment  ( believe that if you will)

BUT I have asked on 2 occasions  if they will send me the figures so I can

reconcile my accounts ( sounds good)  and they say they cant they dont know what they are and I should ask our TA????   - asked again on friday so see what they say next week though they apparently dont have to reply for 56 Days

according to ABTA.

I think Princess is processing the refunds and then once a week or once every 2 weeks, releasing them back to the credit card.

My TA had asked for refund info when she called in April. They had went through every payment and every credit (EZ Air changes because I couldn't book EZ Air until after I booked the cruise because I booked the cruise at final payment which was 120 days out or something). She had detailed that in an email to me and asked me if that info was accurate as she doesn't have record every time I changed EZ Air and paid more.

They just went through with her and listed every payment (EZ Air) and then the 2x she asked for EZ Air credit. She sent that to me in April. Today, the gentleman went through those same numbers with me. 

So I was never saw any figures and nothing finalized when they did the refund. The cancellation notice I did receive in March was wrong as I cancelled a week before Pause 1. So I have nothing in writing from Princess.

Moral of the story is that it is best to finalize air before final payment but I couldn't even look at air until after final payment. And to compare numbers once you receive a refund with what you think is right.

I hope your numbers are correct.

2 minutes ago, robsaw said:

Cruise booked on Royal departing July 4. Cancelled by Princess April 14.

Deposit refunded received Jun 18. Refund for excursions not received yet.

Congratulations. Still curious on how they are handling refunds. Cancelled on April 7, departing June 13 still waiting

4 hours ago, SunLakesBob said:

Congratulations. Still curious on how they are handling refunds. Cancelled on April 7, departing June 13 still waiting

Me too.  Cancelled on March 23, departing June 13 still waiting for the refund.  Just Princess DOES NOT SKIP the June 13 sailing refund folks.  Just about run out patience or anything nice to say about Princess.  They are not treating those of us Elites too nice and wanting us to stick with them???

Received all refunds for May 5th cruise.  Sent in request for option 2 on March 24 - full refund plus 25% FCC.

April 23 received FCC - applied to Jan. 2021 cruise

June 12 received 2 separate refunds on credit card - for cruise and princess plus package

June 18 received refund from 3rd party travel insurance company

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ChattTenn said:

Cancelled on March 23, departing June 13 still waiting

Not sure why you would expect a refund already.

Sea Princess sailed 10 March cancelled 12 March

No-one has had cruise refund or FCCs , well none that I have seen on here or have contacted by email.

51 minutes ago, ChattTenn said:

Me too.  Cancelled on March 23, departing June 13 still waiting for the refund.  Just Princess DOES NOT SKIP the June 13 sailing refund folks.  Just about run out patience or anything nice to say about Princess.  They are not treating those of us Elites too nice and wanting us to stick with them???

We are also Elite. It appears it doesn't mean anything any more. Even on Board they treat the Club class better

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SunLakesBob said:

We are also Elite. It appears it doesn't mean anything any more. Even on Board they treat the Club class better

so, as ELITE , cruisers  have the option to book club class, just as a blue card - then you get the benefits of both !! - which are totally different and well known