Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

Well, I also got that e -mail, trouble is I asked for a full refund the same day Princess cancelled our cruise (April 14), and got an e-mail in response acknowledging my refund request.  About 3 weeks ago I called Princess for an update and was told "Oops, we have you down for an FCC".  They said they would fix it but that same day I opened a dispute with Citicard.  I will have to call Citicard tomorrow and inform them of this latest development (they have already given me a provisional credit).  Now even more convinced I will never do business with Princess again.

5 hours ago, Jandaville said:

Another mixed message.

We got some FCCs even although we asked for cash refunds (and got an email reply from them confirming it ). This is my next battle with Princess although it is very hard to find someone at Princess Australia who cares but guess we have a year or two to engage with them. We are both in our 70's and in the COVID high risk group. We are not sure when our next cruise may be and would appreciate not being tied to an FCC expiry date.

Alas we got the FCC's instead of what we requested too....blah........I let our TA consultant know to see if she can come up with a solution other than spending what will feel like the rest of my life on hold in queue with Princess Australia.  If I come up with any solution will post back here.   cheers Shiona

1 hour ago, badgerbill said:

Alas we got the FCC's instead of what we requested too....blah........I let our TA consultant know to see if she can come up with a solution other than spending what will feel like the rest of my life on hold in queue with Princess Australia.  If I come up with any solution will post back here.   cheers Shiona

Today I did finally get through to an interested person at Princess who suggested sending an email to solutions@princess.com.au which I will do over the weekend. It will be interesting to see if I get a reply or just the usual stuff like I received from the customer relations email I sent in June namely

Hello and thank you for your email to the Princess Cruises Customer Relations Department. Due to the current unprecedented and evolving worldwide situation, we are experiencing a higher than normal volume. 

Please accept this response as an acknowledgement and confirmation that your email has been received. It will be reviewed and responded to in the order in which it was received.  Please note that we are unable to process postal communications at this time. 

For those inquiring about voyage refunds, they are being handled manually and accurately in sailing date order priority.  We are committed to providing our guests with the highest level of service.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to serving you in the near future. 

The person I talked to did say that they have now process over 90% of the refunds so that's positive and hopefully Princess can devote some time now to resolving the issues

Edited by Jandaville
Correction

8 hours ago, Upper Bob said:

Also just received our email notification indicating our future cruise credits have been applied to our accounts. Our cruise was scheduled for October of this year and we had payed about 80% of the total fare. We were one of the lucky ones who were offered 100% matching and that is exactly what now shows in our account as  a goodwill credit. Kind of strange that the expiration shows must be booked by 5/1/22 and must sail by 5/1/22. I would have thought that they would have given us 2 years from the date that the credit was available.

When the details were first released, it had the 5/1/22 date in them.

But note that the E-mail as posted above says "through May 2022."

(And the FCC on the web site does say 5/1/22.)

3 hours ago, Jandaville said:

Today I did finally get through to an interested person at Princess who suggested sending an email to solutions@princess.com.au which I will do over the weekend. It will be interesting to see if I get a reply or just the usual stuff like I received from the customer relations email I sent in June namely

Hello and thank you for your email to the Princess Cruises Customer Relations Department. Due to the current unprecedented and evolving worldwide situation, we are experiencing a higher than normal volume. 

Please accept this response as an acknowledgement and confirmation that your email has been received. It will be reviewed and responded to in the order in which it was received.  Please note that we are unable to process postal communications at this time. 

For those inquiring about voyage refunds, they are being handled manually and accurately in sailing date order priority.  We are committed to providing our guests with the highest level of service.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to serving you in the near future. 

The person I talked to did say that they have now process over 90% of the refunds so that's positive and hopefully Princess can devote some time now to resolving the issues

Worth a try, just might try my luck this weekend 😉 thank you.

On 7/29/2020 at 9:40 AM, saintgeorge said:

According to Jan Swartz there are only 100 refunds left to finalise !!??

7 hours ago, Jandaville said:

The person I talked to did say that they have now process over 90% of the refunds 

Something doesnt quite add up here - that would be a  1000  refunds in TOTAL!?

while i am happy that so many (?) have received their refunds, what about those of us in Phase 1 that are still waiting... I filed a credit card dispute and Princess clawed it back and recharged us so now I have an even bigger mess to deal with.  originally they owed us $12k and now it is $19k with their extra charges....not happy!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jandaville said:

Well thats great to know that I am in the remaining 10% of people who haven’t received their full refund yet sitting here at 131 days since cancellation 😳

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

Well thats great to know that I am in the remaining 10% of people who haven’t received their full refund yet sitting here at 131 days since cancellation 😳

I feel your pain, I’m at 135 days since canceling. I have contacted princess, but they were supposed to call me back! Still waiting for that call. Of course I’m not surprised. 

3 minutes ago, vino100 said:

I feel your pain, I’m at 135 days since canceling. I have contacted princess, but they were supposed to call me back! Still waiting for that call. Of course I’m not surprised. 

What’s crazy is we had 2 cabins booked that were linked together, they processed one booking however didn't do the other. Everyone that looks at it comments on how they don’t understand why it was done that way and flag it everytime. The rep. on Wednesday actually told me to keep calling back every few days and stay on top of it. She said she could see where I have called numerous times, its all notated in the system. I explained to her I patiently waited till the 90 day mark to call only to find out they had both bookings marked as Option 1, which was incorrect. The frustration then set in because being patient didn’t work in my favor. So I call every week now to stay on top of it. Good Luck to all of us in the 10% refund club 🤣

So I finally received an email from Princess stating that my FCC is available.  The amount of the FCC is $2950, which is the total amount that we paid ($2750 was paid with points and $200 was paid with a gift card).  I do not see where there was any matching FCD.  It is my understanding that we should also receive a FCD for $2950.  Is that correct?  

5 minutes ago, icats75 said:

So I finally received an email from Princess stating that my FCC is available.  The amount of the FCC is $2950, which is the total amount that we paid ($2750 was paid with points and $200 was paid with a gift card).  I do not see where there was any matching FCD.  It is my understanding that we should also receive a FCD for $2950.  Is that correct?  

you state "we" - have you looked at both accounts for the FCC ?

• Like 2

Had a different thing happen that I have not seen reported so thought I would share.

A few days ago I did see that the deposit plus 100% bonus on my "Princess cancelled" September cruise had been put in my FCC.  The deposit amount of this was to be moved to be the deposit on our May 2, 2021, cruise, but it went in to FCC.

It is listed as an August 10 day to pay the deposit and they have moved that date forward two times from when I booked on May 7.   

Learned TA has to request it be moved over for deposit.  She did that right away and this is what she wrote me:  I confirmed with Princess today that your FCC is ready from the September 25 suspension but it is dated July 27, 2020 and the booking with the FCC's already applied has the FCC's and such and is dated May.

Apparently Princess must have the FCC back dated to May in order to apply it to the booking on invoice ******* and the form for that has been submitted and should be processed asap. 

This seems as clear as mud.  Guess they have to back date it somehow.  Heaven only knows how long this will take now. ASAP could be months I am assuming.  Maybe I will get lucky!  Fingers crossed.  I just really wanted to book EZ air as it seems to go up a bit each day, but now looks like we are in a different waiting game.

Anyone else heard of having to backdate?   

We had two cruises cancelled by Princess and took Option 1 FCCs for appropriate refunds.  In anticipation of Princess cancelling my cruises, I had my TA book two cruises for 2021 (glad I did because prices went up) using FCDs that I had.  Once my FCCs for my two cancelled cruises were available, I called my TA and had her call Princess who then back dated my credits and applied them to my 2021 cruises.  Princess told us the process takes about 7 to 10 business days.  My first rebook took about a week to apply FCCs; I just had my TA deal with the second rebook yesterday so I am waiting on that outcome.

just put a courtesy hold on a 4/2021 cruise ... contacted our PVP and she will extend the courtesy hold until the FCC

from our cancelled cruise ( Phase 4 ) hits our accounts and is able to be applied to that cruise

cruise was about $ 30 pp pd more for basically the same western caribbean - went from SKY cat BB to Caribbean Princess cat

B2 ( caribe deck )

now just hoping cruising starts up by then ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

I have seen a few posts on here where that has been mentioned.

I think it was also in one of the webinars. I believe it takes around a week

to change the date and get it applied.

Glad to hear it may be a week to 10 days then!  Thanks for letting me know.  So glad to have this

forum to hear people's first hand experiences!  

49 minutes ago, Shaver John said:

still waiting for our refund of $7000 from March 19th cruise. MAYBE SOON???????????????????????

Are you checking what other have got who were on your cruise.

I think it may be in this roll call  which covers your as the second part of a btb

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2557460-coral-princess-roll-call-march-5-2020/page/152/

My bank card was credited for flight, taxes, excursion and I guess insurance this week and received notification my credit was on my account for a cancelled cruise in May.  Now I just need to wait for my passport renewal (mailed in May) and my employer to lift the international travel ban - since they currently have six, twelve and 18 month scenarios -  my guess is sometime between April 2021 and 2022 I will be allowed to travel again.

On 7/27/2020 at 9:55 AM, PoohUnderstands said:

As of 9am Monday (paperwork done by end of workday Friday), I have no refund.  But then by past experience, there has been a lag of a day or two before anything shows up online on my credit card.  This is for any refund I have been getting in past.  So I am going to be pleased if it shows up by Wed.  If not, nope, was fibbed to!  Will let you know.

Pooh

Just to let people know and get an idea, I received my deposits back to my credit card today, Saturday.  So combining Princess' procedures and my credit card's, it took 8 days to show up.  Not bad.  Now I am even steven!  Got all my monies back that I had ever put out for my three cancelled cruises and still have $8630 in FCC to use!!!!!!  My next cruise(fingers tightly crossed) is in March, 2021.  Payment due by 01/09/2021.  Hopefully by then we will know what is going on in this crazy world of ours!

Pooh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I'm still waiting on $12,400 FCC from a cancellation from the first week in April for a July Japan cruisetour. Others on my roll call have already gotten their credits and refunds. I'm well over a hundred days waiting.

Since others on your cruise have already had there credits and refunds processed, you might want to contact Princess and make sure yours was not lost in the process somewhere.

• Like 1

Our cruise was cancelled backmin May by our TA who made it very clear we wanted a refund.  Despite this both my account and my husbands suddenly showed  up an unwanted FCC last weekend.  TA called and was told ohbyes this does show a refund request, will follow up.  Since then nothing and still showing FCC.  Add to that a note on the FCC screen that not all of them can be combined and or used on all cruises.  Totally sick of these jokers.

• Like 1