Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

4 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I assume I'll get an email from Princess at some point explaining the refund amounts, but so far I haven't heard a peep from them.

I think that will be a first of you do!   Please post if they do then

we can applaud you on that achievement 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

i am in recharging hell....they just keep recharging my credit card....card company says i have to dispute all of these...it was bad enough when princess owed me $12k, but now it is $17k with the recharges...they are beyond screwed up!!!

This is beyond ridiculous.  I don’t know, but wonder if it is perhaps a violation of banking regulations and/or fraud.

Question to those that have experienced these recharges, did any of you dispute these charges originally with your credit card and receive a credit back?  Trying to comprehend how or why they would initiate these transactions.  

• Like 1

.... "The unprecedented scope of cancellations has also resulted in bottlenecks due to credit card processing times, stay-at-home orders, and other mitigating factors: "One PVO also explained their staff has been reduced. Another specified that in refunding passengers, they are dealing with 13 different currencies."

Cruise lines also pointed out the difficulties that arise when customers dispute charges with credit card companies rather than waiting for refund, a situation that put increased burdens on lines to avoid double-refunds, further taking time away from the refund process." 

This is an informative article from contributor Aaron Saunders today . 
  1. Cruise News
  2. Federal Maritime Commission to Weigh In on Cruise Line Refund Policies   https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5490/

19 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Oh happy day...it has FINALLY happened. After 140 days, Princess has finally refunded my March 14th sailing. I chose option 1 (225% FCC) and received the correct amount of FCC about a month ago. No email to let me know, it was just on my Princess account. Today I got the refund of taxes/fees, EZ Air, pre-paid grats back to my credit cards and it balances to the penny. Now I have to let my banks know to cancel the dispute I initiated and I have to pray Princess doesn't end up recharging me as some have experienced!

This whole ordeal has been beyond frustrating. The long wait wasn't my main concern - it was the total lack of transparency, consistency, and communication. I truly feel that Princess has done their brand a huge disservice with the way this has been handled. 

So happy for you!  I’ve been watching for you to post your good news!  👍

Diane

• Like 1

9 hours ago, voljeep said:

how does Princess apply payments when a cruise is not paid in full ?

cruise fare

port fees and taxes

insurance 

is there any order ( trying to see how much FCC we may get back doubled , hopefully not overthinking this as we paid 

$ 900 on a cruise fare of $ 1,050 ) 

I just got my August ‘deposit’ back today and received all of it in FCC and got the double your deposit.  I’m thrilled since I paid all but $200 with gift cards.  

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 10:56 PM, caribill said:

---- So, has anyone who received FCCs received such an E-mail?

I have not received any email stating our FCCs were deposited. I've been checking regularly if it's hit the account. While it did take some time, Princess did refund our money for the extras we purchased for our Alaska cruise, days before our cruise was due to go. Then just this week we've gotten our FCC for our deposit and goodwill credit for our September cruise. I know a lot of people have been unlucky, but we have gotten what we expected back. 

On 7/27/2020 at 10:56 AM, Ombud said:

Spoke to a very nice lady in the gift card department and she said they are working on my September cancelation but to not do ANYTHING yet and give it a week. Problem is she's reading off gift card numbers that are different from what I've got. 

Still no closer on my missing March FCC

That's scary!! you would think they would just give NEW gift cards! After I use a gift card I usually toss it! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, voljeep said:

how does Princess apply payments when a cruise is not paid in full ?

cruise fare

port fees and taxes

insurance 

is there any order ( trying to see how much FCC we may get back doubled , hopefully not overthinking this as we paid 

$ 900 on a cruise fare of $ 1,050 ) 

You should get $900 as refundable FCC and a separate $900 as the bonus (non-refundable) FCC.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, c-boy said:
This is an informative article from contributor Aaron Saunders today . 
  1. Cruise News
  2. Federal Maritime Commission to Weigh In on Cruise Line Refund Policies   https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5490/

• Full refunds must be paid within 60 days following a passenger refund request for voyages that are cancelled or delayed more than 24 hours for any reason other than governmental order or regulation;
  • Sailings cancelled due to government order or regulations must be refunded within 180 days following a passenger request.
  • Consumers cancelling as a result of a public health emergency when their selected sailing is still set to embark on schedule will have to provide Future Cruise Credit equal to the consumer's amount of deposit.
So any cancelled due to the CDC directive would have up to 180 days to be refunded according to this proposal.

So I feel like I should start my own thread for this because I am shocked that princess actually refunded us!  We were en route to our March cruise when Princess shut her doors.  Cruise cancelled.  We took the extra cruise credit option and headed to Disney— theme parks closed 4 days into our stay there.   We received the FCCs from princess in May.  Then, at the beginning of July we received a couple of random credits on chase sapphire for things like prepaid Water and internet.  The next week we were refunded grats (except for 1person out of 6.  No idea, but whatever.). We had two cabins and just today received the refund for taxes and fees.  This was another almost $1000, so a decent amount of money.  It was really a thrill to get refunded  because my husband has been laughing for some time at my naïveté at thinking princess would actually refund us.  Yes, I am glass half full.  Thanks princess for keeping the faith.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

@caribillWholey Moley!! The email does exist! Just got it!

image.png.1e2a788062780aeadca2d7e8096425cf.png

Just received these E-mails for our FCCs which were posted on Tuesday this week.

Of course there is no breakdown in the E-mail of what the amounts are and how they were calculated.

3 minutes ago, caribill said:

Just received us for our FCCs which were posted by Tuesday this week.

Of course there is no breakdown in the E-mail of what the amounts are and how they were calculated.

There is ZERO information that is useful on the email 😆

Like you, I already knew what had been posted earlier this week. Mine were not complicated, just the original deposit and goodwill to match it. I can imagine how frustrating it could be for someone with a real credit for a paid cruise or other activity-not getting a breakdown makes it difficult to understand. 

Edited by jennybenny

19 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

There is ZERO information that is useful on the email 😆

Like you, I already knew what had been posted earlier this week. Mine were not complicated, just the original deposit and goodwill to match it. I can imagine how frustrating it could be for someone with a real credit for a paid cruise or other activity-not getting a breakdown makes it difficult to understand. 

My wife keeps extensive records for all our cruises.  What we got for our original April cancellation was correct to the penny plus the extra FCC.  The timing was even right.  When our December rebook got canceled, though, we said enough is enough and took the refund option.  That could be a little more interesting.

2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

When our December rebook got canceled, though, we said enough is enough and took the refund option.  That could be a little more interesting.

Good Luck!! Please share how that goes!

DH and I each got the email.  He has received the deposit and the extra 100% bonus for both   Nov/Dec cruises cancelled in Pause 3.  I still have to get the last Goodwill credit for the Dec cruise and then we will have received to the penny all funds from our 5 cancelled 2020 cruises.  The Nov cruise has dropped out of our Upcoming Cruises section but we both still have the Dec cruise as "upcoming"

Also just received our email notification indicating our future cruise credits have been applied to our accounts. Our cruise was scheduled for October of this year and we had payed about 80% of the total fare. We were one of the lucky ones who were offered 100% matching and that is exactly what now shows in our account as  a goodwill credit. Kind of strange that the expiration shows must be booked by 5/1/22 and must sail by 5/1/22. I would have thought that they would have given us 2 years from the date that the credit was available.

2 hours ago, jennybenny said:

@caribillWholey Moley!! The email does exist! Just got it!

image.png.1e2a788062780aeadca2d7e8096425cf.png

I’ve had 3 such emails now, all the same.  My last FCC was posted a month ago back to my Princess account.  I’m now wondering as I don’t have it applied to a future cruise booking they’ll keep reminding me it’s there 🥴🥴

Diane

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Interesting that the email says that the FCCs can be used "...on a voyage through May 2022" yet the FCCs in the personalizer are labled as "Book by 05/01/22 and sail by 05/01/22".  Whoops.

Another mixed message.

We got some FCCs even although we asked for cash refunds (and got an email reply from them confirming it ). This is my next battle with Princess although it is very hard to find someone at Princess Australia who cares but guess we have a year or two to engage with them. We are both in our 70's and in the COVID high risk group. We are not sure when our next cruise may be and would appreciate not being tied to an FCC expiry date.