Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

On 7/30/2020 at 2:44 PM, caribill said:

• Full refunds must be paid within 60 days following a passenger refund request for voyages that are cancelled or delayed more than 24 hours for any reason other than governmental order or regulation;
  • Sailings cancelled due to government order or regulations must be refunded within 180 days following a passenger request.
  • Consumers cancelling as a result of a public health emergency when their selected sailing is still set to embark on schedule will have to provide Future Cruise Credit equal to the consumer's amount of deposit.
So any cancelled due to the CDC directive would have up to 180 days to be refunded according to this proposal.

I think every one of the contributors to this forum should email the Federal Maritime and tell them to stuff this proposal.  It will just give Princess and others an excuse to delay refunds even further.

10 hours ago, stellacruises said:

I think every one of the contributors to this forum should email the Federal Maritime and tell them to stuff this proposal.  It will just give Princess and others an excuse to delay refunds even further.

Address?

Can someone shed light on this? 

I was told that the refunds filtered into the gift cards on July 22nd ($202.13) and gift cards & visa on  July 28th but only the $202.13 out of $4315.63 is showing up. How long does it take?

On 7/31/2020 at 9:26 AM, 13cheermom said:

Well thats great to know that I am in the remaining 10% of people who haven’t received their full refund yet sitting here at 131 days since cancellation 😳

So here’s my latest FYI... I finally received my refund on day 145!  I totally understand your frustration because I was there also.  Hopefully the fact I finally did receive mine gives you all long timers some hope.  On a side note... I had my Royal Caribbean cruise cancel on me 3 weeks ago for September and I got my full refund back in 2 weeks!!

UNBELIEVABLE!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ironhorsejocky said:

So here’s my latest FYI... I finally received my refund on day 145!  I totally understand your frustration because I was there also.  Hopefully the fact I finally did receive mine gives you all long timers some hope.  On a side note... I had my Royal Caribbean cruise cancel on me 3 weeks ago for September and I got my full refund back in 2 weeks!!

UNBELIEVABLE!

Wow-145 days!!  Got ours on day 91. We've also gotten refunds from Royal  14-20 days, and from Carnival 10 days!! (whose Corp. owns Princess)

On 7/31/2020 at 2:11 PM, voljeep said:

just put a courtesy hold on a 4/2021 cruise ... contacted our PVP and she will extend the courtesy hold until the FCC

from our cancelled cruise ( Phase 4 ) hits our accounts and is able to be applied to that cruise

cruise was about $ 30 pp pd more for basically the same western caribbean - went from SKY cat BB to Caribbean Princess cat

B2 ( caribe deck )

now just hoping cruising starts up by then ...

glad to see you are getting some FCC!!!

happy for all who have received their refunds!

• Like 1

We received our cabin amt and extra 50% as a FCC from our 4/12/20 cruise cancelled by Princess over a month ago but had not received taxes/port  and princess insurance.  When I booked another cruise for March 2021 last week I used the FCC amt and when travel agent asked princess about port/taxes/ins they said sorry had never been processed. Received port/taxes as credit to my credit card today but not princess ins. Aren't we supposed to get the ins refunded too?

1 hour ago, rwilk1129 said:

We received our cabin amt and extra 50% as a FCC from our 4/12/20 cruise cancelled by Princess over a month ago but had not received taxes/port  and princess insurance.  When I booked another cruise for March 2021 last week I used the FCC amt and when travel agent asked princess about port/taxes/ins they said sorry had never been processed. Received port/taxes as credit to my credit card today but not princess ins. Aren't we supposed to get the ins refunded too?

Yes, you should get the PVP refunded.  Our's was and we were cancelled as part of pause 1 just like you.

Emerald Princess (Seattle/Alaska) 8/2/2020 sail date.

Princess canceled sailing on May 6.

TA submitted form for refund request on my behalf on May 8. 

No other communications to Princess or credit card since then.

I have been waiting for $200 deposits on two cabins. Separate booking numbers.

This morning one $200 deposit shows as refunded to my credit card. No idea which cabin this is attached to. 

I'll keep watching for the other one.

Pacific Princess October 15, 2020 sailing.

'GOODBYE"  - Very disturbing that when I call Princess, no matter what number I press, I get a very sweet "goodbye" and then disconnect.

Our cruise was cancelled May 7, 2020.  Requested refund, and request confirmed May 7, 2020.

Have received a refund for the shore excursion and wifi package.  Still waiting for my $1320.00 deposit refund.

The travel agent we used abandoned us by May 10 and told us to contact Princess.

Has anyone actually been able to get through to Princess?

Tah-Dah 🎉.   After 141 days I finally am done with my refund.  Princess credited my last disputed charge today.  

This was for a May 19 cruisetour which we cancelled on March 16.  The FCC amounts are still incorrect, and Princess still owes me $38.40 in cash refund....but I will let both those errors slide as my time and sanity are worth more.

Don't know if we will be able to use the FCC by the expiration dates, but wish everyone who is still waiting for their refunds a prompt resolution.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

Tah-Dah 🎉.   After 141 days I finally am done with my refund.  Princess credited my last disputed charge today.  

This was for a May 19 cruisetour which we cancelled on March 16.  The FCC amounts are still incorrect, and Princess still owes me $38.40 in cash refund....but I will let both those errors slide as my time and sanity are worth more.

Don't know if we will be able to use the FCC by the expiration dates, but wish everyone who is still waiting for their refunds a prompt resolution.

So happy for you, I know we have been in the trenches for quite some time now.  You give me hope yet, waiting at 135 days, they said the gift cards and credit cards have gone through the refund process, however they are not showing up on my end as of yet.  That was 6 days ago, not sure who else to contact at this point.  I just want to be done, as you stated.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

The travel agent we used abandoned us by May 10 and told us to contact Princess.

3 days after your cruise was cancelled and your TA "abandoned" you!?

You either have a lousy TA, or you drove them crazy in just 3 days.

*If you are getting a future cruise credit instead of a cash refund, your TA will collect the commission on this whenever you sail again. I think it's time you find another TA. Too bad we aren't allowed to recommend one here. Make sure you tell Princess when you speak with them that the TA "abandoned" you.

Edited by CineGraphic

3 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

3 days after your cruise was cancelled and your TA "abandoned" you!?

You either have a lousy TA, or you drove them crazy in just 3 days.

*If you are getting a future cruise credit instead of a cash refund, your TA will collect the commission on this whenever you sail again. I think it's time you find another TA. Too bad we aren't allowed to recommend one here. Make sure you tell Princess when you speak with them that the TA "abandoned" you.

This was our first time not booking direct with the cruise line.  We had heard so many good things about Travel Agents and the extra on-board-credit/perks.  And it was a good deal ($1375 OBC with the Owner's Suite).  And NO, I did not bug her.  In fact the only correspondence prior to the mass mail email telling us to deal directly with Princess was her instructions for requesting a full refund.  We have had other travel plans cancelled due to the COVID-19 tourism catastrophe.  I am pretty patient, but the "goodbye" and then disconnect is a really bizarre business practice.  I know everyone is waiting for their FCC or refund.

I was just surprised that my booking has disappeared from my Princess Cruise Planner and no word of when I will see a refund.

We loved our first Princess cruise and it is what started us on the "see the world while cruising" path.  I hope they survive this tourism turmoil.

Our original Hurtigruten Antarctica trip in December was cancelled by another Travel Agent/Tour Company.  They are still working with us to get our airfare and insurance refunded.  (Received deposit refund within three weeks.)  After the cancellation, we booked directly with Hurtigruten for January 2021.

45 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

I am still waiting for quite a bit of money from Princess when they rescinded a credit on my credit card. I am probably near 150 days. The credit was for EZ Air before I cancelled the cruise and it was more than 45 days before the cruise. Cruise line is saying it is a refund to the cruise and I am saying no, it is an EZ Air refund and that they owe me that money back. I don't know why their computer systems can't tell them what it is. This is so frustrating.  

Congrats for you!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

the "goodbye" and then disconnect is a really bizarre business practice.

It is simply because their phone system is at capacity, it is not intentional. They can only have so many callers on hold. Try calling first thing in the morning, or later in the evening.

Is your agent an independent, or can you speak with his/her manager? Have you signed into Princess.com and looked to see if you have any future cruise credits issued to your Captain's Circle account? The funds may just be sitting there.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

I was just surprised that my booking has disappeared from my Princess Cruise Planner and no word of when I will see a refund.

I hate to even ask, but, were the charges to your credit card, if used, charged as Princess charges, or in your TA's name ?

32 minutes ago, Coral said:

I am still waiting for quite a bit of money from Princess when they rescinded a credit on my credit card. I am probably near 150 days. The credit was for EZ Air before I cancelled the cruise and it was more than 45 days before the cruise. Cruise line is saying it is a refund to the cruise and I am saying no, it is an EZ Air refund and that they owe me that money back. I don't know why their computer systems can't tell them what it is. This is so frustrating.  

Congrats for you!

Ugh. This is so frustrating to hear, still.

I’m wondering what the credit card bank said when you asked about the rescinded credit.   Is this technically a new (unauthorized) charge or does it revert back to the original credit that was itself due to the earlier dispute? I would think you could ask the bank to consider it part of the original dispute and deal with them rather than the Princess Finance Challenged department?  I think the bank might be able to understand the math from your records.  (You may also have the original 60 day clock on your side, too, since Princess used up every bit of that from what I saw.)

28 minutes ago, voljeep said:

my Princess Cruise Planner and no word of when I will see a refund.

28 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I hate to even ask, but, were the charges to your credit card, if used, charged as Princess charges, or in your TA's name ?

@Heartfelttraveler

I second that query  If  it is charged as "Princess"  then you can

dispute the payment.  If charged as  "Your Agent"  you may have a problem as any cash refund will normally go to them so  you cant let them Dump you!.

Maybe to add another perspective  Princess have been saying for

months that they are doing refunds by SAIL date so  it is maybe

surprising they have made any refunds already, for an October sailing.

They are still working on March April May . . . . 

I understand there is a chat line on the  PC US site - you could try

that.  

Also  if there is  an original roll call for your sailing ask in that

how others are doing for refunds.  You may not be alone.

Edited by Aulanis
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

t is maybe

surprising they have made any refunds already, for an October sailing.

They are still working on March April May . . . . 

Our October sailing was refunded early last week (just slightly over 80 days from date of cancellation), and this morning the sailing is missing from my upcoming cruises.

I believe the working in order of date stopped months ago.

1 hour ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

'GOODBYE"  - Very disturbing that when I call Princess, no matter what number I press, I get a very sweet "goodbye" and then disconnect.

Our cruise was cancelled May 7, 2020.  Requested refund, and request confirmed May 7, 2020.

Have received a refund for the shore excursion and wifi package.  Still waiting for my $1320.00 deposit refund.

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. Took 3 tries before I finally got through (and immediately got put on hold). As another poster said, it is because their phone system can only handle having so many people on hold. When I mentioned it to the phone agent, he said that at that moment there were over 260 people in the queue. I know it is extremely frustrating, but hang in there and you'll eventually get through. I've started calling about every 3-4 days to check on the status, and I've been told multiple times our case has been "escalated" or "expedited", but that doesn't seem to mean anything.

4 hours ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

We only had FCDs on the same cruise and we got the double deposit posted to our account July 27 + 28.  We also got a refund for a 12 pack of water a couple weeks before that.  Judging from how long it took to get our refund for our May 9th cruise, it could be a while before they get around to refunding your deposit.  You can keep trying to get through to Princess but as others have mentioned your TA should be able to follow up for you.  You shouldn't be on your own and if she works for an agency I would definitely press on to others for help.

4 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Ugh. This is so frustrating to hear, still.

I’m wondering what the credit card bank said when you asked about the rescinded credit.   Is this technically a new (unauthorized) charge or does it revert back to the original credit that was itself due to the earlier dispute? I would think you could ask the bank to consider it part of the original dispute and deal with them rather than the Princess Finance Challenged department?  I think the bank might be able to understand the math from your records.  (You may also have the original 60 day clock on your side, too, since Princess used up every bit of that from what I saw.)

It gets so confusing. When they refunded my card for EZ Air, they refunded the wrong card. I used air for one card and cruise for another. They refunded the the EZ air price reduction on the card I used for the cruise, not the air. When I originally called the credit card - they said I couldn't contest the charge back because the original charge was on a different card. I would now have to contest the original charge back in January. I have submitted my rep a bunch of documentation over the weekend. Hopefully this helps.... I will wait until Friday and call and if not, I will contact the bank again. So frustrating. The original refund was in March but the charge back went back to January. They claim I was refunded that amount 2x which I wasn't. Ugh!

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1