Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

9 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

This is so beyond unacceptable it really makes me glad I filed a credit card dispute. End of June?? That’s more than a month longer than the promised 60 days. 

Finally received our 25% FCC. 

I hate to be one of those people who says I’ll never sail Princess again,  but I assure you it’s going to be a very long time before I ever give them another chance. 

We received our 25% FCC too but as far as I am concerned it is not REAL money and it is just Princess's way of throwing some crumbs our way to try and keep customers quiet and hopeful until they really lower the hammer of a bankruptcy.  

I am not sure if the LA Times or other local/national news media have reported how disingenuous and dishonest Princess is being.  Basically they are committing a robbery in broad daylight.

This is exactly what the Fair Credit Billing Act was created for to protect credit card holders from companies like Princess.  Hopefully people are getting in touch with their credit card companies now and filling disputes to put more pressure on Princess.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, lhall85917 said:

We were supposed to be on the Feb 13 Sapphire which was cancelled the day before sailing, no refund yet or FCC yet

We were on the Sapphire for the Feb. 2 sailing and were also on the following sailing Feb. 13.  The Feb. 13 sailing was cancelled on the 12th and all of us were put up at the Fairmont Singapore Hotel, with the understanding that we would be reimbursed for the hotel charge (they paid for the first night upfront, but assured us that we would be reimbursed for any additional nights needed to get a flight back home).  Plus, we would be reimbursed for all meals and extra flight fees (we had EZ air).  We turned in all of our receipts and actually talked to a customer rep twice (she called us) and said we would be receiving our check within 60 days.  That is actually today!  No check.  I will give them today and call her first thing tomorrow morning.   However, we did receive our full cruise amount of the cancelled Feb. 13 cruise back on our credit card immediately, plus the 100% FCC for our cancelled cruise.  

10 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

We were on the Sapphire for the Feb. 2 sailing and were also on the following sailing Feb. 13.  The Feb. 13 sailing was cancelled on the 12th and all of us were put up at the Fairmont Singapore Hotel, with the understanding that we would be reimbursed for the hotel charge (they paid for the first night upfront, but assured us that we would be reimbursed for any additional nights needed to get a flight back home).  Plus, we would be reimbursed for all meals and extra flight fees (we had EZ air).  We turned in all of our receipts and actually talked to a customer rep twice (she called us) and said we would be receiving our check within 60 days.  That is actually today!  No check.  I will give them today and call her first thing tomorrow morning.   However, we did receive our full cruise amount of the cancelled Feb. 13 cruise back on our credit card immediately, plus the 100% FCC for our cancelled cruise.  

Good to know, thanks for sharing. I would guess ours might be a little different because we canceled the night before leaving home and the cruise was still on at that time. We have been told multiple times we will still receive a full refund along with the 100% FCC. We received 50% FCC immediately since that was the policy at the time. Still waiting for the rest. 

Just now, trrn2016 said:

I am filing my dispute on May 6th which is 60 days from cancellation. Is that what you are waiting on?

Yes.  The Princess rep I spoke to last week said to expect the refund by May 12th.  Cancellation March 12th. So I will give them a couple of days grace.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Yes.  The Princess rep I spoke to last week said to expect the refund by May 12th.  Cancellation March 12th. So I will give them a couple of days grace.

Have you received any of your FCC? We have not. Some people are getting their FCC but no refunds to their credit card. Right now, I only  care about my refunds. Very frustrating and concerning.

Does anyone have a print screen or link to the original Princess communication that referenced refunds would be made within 30 days?  I have the original email and form but don’t see a timeframe referenced except to allow for 10 days for FCCs. The website now says to allow 60 days for refunds and it’s clear at least some some Princess reps (FB and call center) are now saying 90 days....but I’d love to get my hands on the original 30-day communication if anyone has it. Lesson learned for me is to printscreen and keep copies of everything. I usually start from a place of trust but too easy to become a moving target without any proof. Thanks in advance! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

The moderator for the community on the official Princess FB page is back to stating that the refunds will take 60 days - maybe the 90 days was a typo?

image.png.2b87c865f08c64f57dddd0637e34765f.png

Thank you for keeping us updated.....I have received no information lately from Princess regarding refunds.....i wish who ever does the posting on FB for Princess would state their corporate rank.

27 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Now won't it be amazing that they did not have the capacity to process loans in a timely fashion,  that the delay was due to the backlog.  If  everyone starts getting their refund just before 60 days and they are now able to crank them out with the payouts being just before the 60 day point.

That would tell me more than anything else that the delay was planned.  After all how could they go for 60 days with next to nothing getting processed, then have everything start coming through at the same rate as the original cancellations.

Will be interesting to see over the next few days as we hit the 60 day point.

Edited by npcl

48 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Thank you for keeping us updated.....I have received no information lately from Princess regarding refunds.....i wish who ever does the posting on FB for Princess would state their corporate rank.

I have no doubt that they are answering questions based on information received from others.  For a short while earlier in April they were telling folks in the community that the second pause would impact cruises through June 30th then they quickly retracted.  That was 4 days before the second pause was officially announced.  Hopefully the 90 days wasn't a premature slip of information that will be announced later this week.

1 hour ago, trrn2016 said:

Have you received any of your FCC? We have not. Some people are getting their FCC but no refunds to their credit card. Right now, I only  care about my refunds. Very frustrating and concerning.

We have gotten the FCC for the first of our B2B cruises.  That was April 11th.  The other was May 9th, and no FCC for that yet.

51 minutes ago, npcl said:

Now won't it be amazing that they did not have the capacity to process loans in a timely fashion,  that the delay was due to the backlog.  If  everyone starts getting their refund just before 60 days and they are now able to crank them out with the payouts being just before the 60 day point.

That would tell me more than anything else that the delay was planned.  After all how could they go for 60 days with next to nothing getting processed, then have everything start coming through at the same rate as the original cancellations.

Will be interesting to see over the next few days as we hit the 60 day point.

I think the delay IS planned.  I think they will start to process batches of refunds in early May.  They have to know that people are getting (getting?) impatient and the credit card disputes will come flooding in by mid-May if nothing happens.

• Like 3

Our March cruise was cancelled on "Black Thursday" ( March 12 ).  We chose the option that gave us the most FCC.  Got my April credit card statement today, still no refund of insurance or port fees.  No FCC on my Princess homepage either.

Still waiting ...............

8 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

The moderator for the community on the official Princess FB page is back to stating that the refunds will take 60 days - maybe the 90 days was a typo?

image.png.2b87c865f08c64f57dddd0637e34765f.png

Yup, we did get the FCC, but I am thinking refunds will take 60-90 days, probably close to when they are able to restart operating.

10 hours ago, LDVinNC said:

Interesting since today the rep I spoke to said 60 days and when I asked if that was calendar days (which takes us to May 12) or business days (a much longer time away) she was very clear that it is business days.  She seemed to be reading her replies from a written text.

I am giving up and going now to my credit card company for resolution.

If you file a dispute with your credit card company will they actually get your money back? Don’t you have to have a card that has travel insurance coverage? The Visa credit card I used (Canada) has an annual fee which covers for insurance but it has a maximum of $1500 each. Our friends used a card that has no insurance coverage. Can they still file a dispute? Are they just completely out of luck if Princess doesn’t come through? 

It has been posted that in Canada you have to wait 60 days before you can dispute

a charge on your credit card.  Insurance is not usually a requirement.  Maybe google

"(name of card issued)   dispute application"

2 hours ago, Aulanis said:

It has been posted that in Canada you have to wait 60 days before you can dispute

a charge on your credit card.  Insurance is not usually a requirement.  Maybe google

"(name of card issued)   dispute application"

That depends on the credit card you have. It was not the case with my American Express card, in Canada.

I suggest calling credit card company and getting correct information.

Edited by dog

6 hours ago, jan54 said:

If you file a dispute with your credit card company will they actually get your money back? Don’t you have to have a card that has travel insurance coverage? The Visa credit card I used (Canada) has an annual fee which covers for insurance but it has a maximum of $1500 each. Our friends used a card that has no insurance coverage. Can they still file a dispute? Are they just completely out of luck if Princess doesn’t come through? 

Not sure how it works in Canada, but in the US when you file a dispute, the cc company gives you a provisional credit then they go to the cc company to see what is going on.  If the dispute is resolved in your favor, your temporary credit becomes permanent.  If the vendor "wins" the dispute, the charge goes back on your card.  This process can take a while.

It has nothing to do with insurance.

Future cruise credits are processed in order of the dates you put your request in.

credit card refunds are processed according to sail date. They said allow 60 days from your SAIL date. So If your cruise was on March 14, expect the refund around May 15. 
The FCC,s and the credit card refunds are processed by two different departments. This is why some of us are getting fcc and no cc refund yet. 
the Tex and port fees are a separate refund that will be on your account that Princess can see. Those can be used as on-board credit. 
Even if you had a previous cruise booked, you can use the new fcc,s towards them (if you choose. That way, if you had a cruise booked next year with some perks you don’t want to lose you can pay for it with the fcc,s you get. 
I spent time on the phone with my Princess vacation planner and got the info above. She helped me pay off three future cruises with the fccs yesterday and answered all my questions. Hope this clarifies and helps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, qqwer123 said:

Future cruise credits are processed in order of the dates you put your request in.

credit card refunds are processed according to sail date. They said allow 60 days from your SAIL date. So If your cruise was on March 14, expect the refund around May 15. 

This is a quote from the Princess website today - document titled "Refunds and Future Cruise Credits":

Given the volume and care being dedicated to make sure each booking is processed accurately, it may take up to 60 days from the date we receive your choice for a refund or Future Cruise Credit.

This does not say anything about sail date, and it agrees with what a Princess rep told me last week - request put in 3/12, expect refund by 5/12.

12 minutes ago, qqwer123 said:

The FCC,s and the credit card refunds are processed by two different departments. This is why some of us are getting fcc and no cc refund yet. 
the Tex and port fees are a separate refund that will be on your account that Princess can see. Those can be used as on-board credit. 
Even if you had a previous cruise booked, you can use the new fcc,s towards them (if you choose. That way, if you had a cruise booked next year with some perks you don’t want to lose you can pay for it with the fcc,s you get. 
I spent time on the phone with my Princess vacation planner and got the info above. She helped me pay off three future cruises with the fccs yesterday and answered all my questions. Hope this clarifies and helps. 

Nothing Princess has said in the past regarding refunds to me has been or come true and I have gotten different answers and different timelines from different Princess CSR's.  Princess has not put anything into writing and sent it to me regarding a timeline which I find even more suspect.

Anything anybody is saying from Princess now I consider to be a bold face lie.

Filed dispute with my Credit Card Company and if Princess loses and I win the bank gets to charge them a penalty for a pay back and I get my money back.  

We need less Princess propaganda now and more true results, like someone actually getting a refund.  I am no longer willing to play the Princess "the check will be in the mail wait game."

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 5